Cheyenne Regional Medical Center

Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 22, 2016
If your not part of the click you will end up either quitting due to bulling or get fired for a very stupid reason. Doesn't matter how well you do your job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management rely on gossip and bulling to get the job done
Questions??
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  CheyenneFebruary 6, 2016
Why is the pay so low??? As a phlebotomist and Lab Assistant I have always made more than $15.00 hr with just starting out of school.. My last job as a lab assistant in MN I was making $18.50 hr. I don't get how the pay can be so low dealing with body fluids and the stress level. The receptionist starts out at $15 hr Thats sad.
Pros
Cons
Hourly rate
Excellent educational opportunities.
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82001June 16, 2016
Fun, fast paced office with lots of room for growth and education. Wonderful co workers, and overall pleasant office environment.
Encouraged learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 17, 2016
CRMC was very flexible with my school schedule and encouraged me to stay educated and continue education. The nurses that I had the opportunity to work with were wonderful.
Blood isn't so scary.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 3, 2015
What I did on a day to day basis was draw patients blood and send them to the lab. I worked all over the hospital including the ER, it was amazing experience being able to interact with all the patients and my coworkers were amazing. It was a really fun place to work with. I was able to draw 700 patients in a month.
---
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  CRMCOctober 2, 2015
great people, good benefits, nice commute - relatively short, able to participate in community events, organization generally supportive of local work, visible, lots of variety in work, challenging, good place to grow.
hard job but enjoyable
Wound Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 22, 2015
This job was my first nursing experience. I really enjoyed learning how to become a compassionate person. this is where i started my love for wound care. Great staff that I enjoyed working with.
Productive work place with hospitable, compassionate team
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WyomingJanuary 24, 2015
I went to work as an Administrative Assistant at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center in the Clinical Education Department. This has been a wonderful place to be employed. The people work so hard and everything that is taught whether through example, sacrifice or just everyday work is for the best care of the patients. Who couldn't love that?
Pros
Hard working people who are invested in their work

Comment – August 6, 2015

Thank you for the wonderful review comment. May your experiences continue to be positive and your attitude pleasantly contagious.

Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 22, 2015
A great place to work! I enjoyed my experience working with Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Learning to work in a hospital setting where I had the opportunity to work with different people and age ranges was very rewarding for me. I would love to be able to go back there again.

Comment – August 6, 2015

Thank you for the review. If opportunity allows you to come back to CRMC we would love to have you be a part of the team again.

Progressive and positive place to work. My unit voted #1 in state of WY in it's category.
RN Staff Nurse, RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 16, 2014
Great Team of staff nurses and CNA's to work with. Very enjoyable and helpful ancillary departments. Quick response times from Lab, C.P., and on-duty Rapid Response teams.
Pros
higher end salary offers. promotes positive platforms and support.
Cons
difficult to advance within organization due to managers that want to retain you for themselves, our unit remains old with very small rooms.

Want to know more about Cheyenne Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
decent hospital, definitely differs from department to department
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 16, 2013
The hiring staff was more than friendly and made it seem like it was going to be a great place to work. Once you get into a department though your opinion seems to get lost. I was promised many things that did not happen and no one seemed to care or want to help me at all. It may have just been my department but the management was beyond anything you could consider decent. Staff and patient's best interest were the last of concern and higher management did not want to deal with complaints or concerns so if your immediate manager was bad it there is no winning and nowhere to turn.
Pros
good opportunities to advancement or change
Cons
horrible management
TrueCare Values without upper management
Epic Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WyomingJuly 19, 2013
During my time with CRMC I learned the best practice for Epic EMR implementation from an ADT/Prelude and SER Provider Masterfile. A typical day at work was optimizing and enhancing registration workflows as well as working out the bugs that were implemented during our validation stage. Hardest part of the job was making executive decisions without direction of upper management. Determining best practice for our patients and employees was a tough process to handle but was successful from my implementation teams perspective.
Too many chiefs not enough good indians.
No way idiot (Current Employee) –  CRMCFebruary 10, 2012
This hospital in run horrible. The care is very risky. Working there is scary as well, employees fear. Too many mgmt staff. This hospital hires outside companies that they pay a lot of money for that do useless jobs, rather than helping their employees. Benefits stink and they know it and refuse to do better. The little guy will lose working for this hospital. Do not go there for care or work there.
Pros
in 1993, it used to be a good hospital, but not anymore.
Cons
they got greedy and careless and became snobs.
Productive and important enviroment
PACS Associate/Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 31, 2012
Working at a hospital is a two way streak. It's amazing place to work when you loving helping people. But it's also very stressful dealing with sick and frustrated people. It's important that you follow all the rules and know what you are doing and that you are very detailed. The hardest part is making sure you are following HIPPA. The most enjoyable part helping people and making them feel comfortable during their visit. I learned alot at this job including medical terminology, digitizing, scheduling, etc.
Pros
helping people, medical terminology, co-workers
Cons
management, hippa, frustrated sick people
Koolaid drinkers only
RN (Current Employee) –  main campusFebruary 1, 2013
The people that are reviewing this as top notch are "drinking the koolaid". Fear and intimidation goes a long way. I experienced in 1 year 3 managers, floating to other units to work short always. No unit secretaries, not enough CNA's as a RN I ran away. Disgusting greedy people who don't care about healthcare making decisions, nice middle managers who are still there are either drunk on power or scared to death of speaking up and getting fired.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else don't go its sad, you will feel sorry for patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 13, 2013
I really like working a Cheyenne regional medical center, everyone works together and there is teamwork. I work 12 hours the night shift. I have learned alot at the hospital especially in skills. The management is really nice, my manager listens to problems if I have any and gives me good feedback. My coworkers a very nice also we all work together and give each other help if needed. I have learned so much at this job and enjoy working here.
I enjoyed working for CRMC
Medical Transcription (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 31, 2014
I checked messages for instructions before transcribing specific reports.

I learned new techniques in the medical record, new surgical and pharmacology terminology.

The management of my department varied over the last 17 years. Several managers had different formulas for our department but overall, medical transcription department did very well.

Coworkers were not really seen as most of us worked at home. Meetings and getting together for new software training was our contact. Still friends with most of my coworkers.

The hardest part of my job was finding out the hospital was changing to a new system that would eliminate most of the transcription department.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work at home.
Pros
working at home.
Cons
none.
Patient Access Position
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 17, 2014
I really like my position here at CRMC. The evening staff in the Emergency Department are really friendly and fun to work with. Everyone is really nice and a great team. The doctors are friendly and fun. When everyone is busy they continue to work as a team and appreciate anything that is done to help them out, even during the most stressful of times.
Pros
evening staff
Cons
that i have to leave
Productive and fast paced
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 15, 2014
I enjoyed helping my patients get the answers they were requesting for their billing problems and needs. The day would start out slow but go by quicker after the half hour lunch we had daily.
Pros
kind staff members, busy days, great benefits
Cons
parking is not great, more work than one person can handle
revolving door
RN (Current Employee) –  travelerJanuary 11, 2013
Few good people that are trying to make a difference but money hungry board that has nurse to patient ratios up to 10:1, absolute revolving door with employees and management, here today, gone tomorrow, all talk no show, get you in and then overwork you and don't listen, its all about cutting the budget, absolutely the worst place for a clinical rn to practice, will float you even during orientation, would never send family there, management is clueless, no one can be found, had to bring in my own pens, paper, supplies short, no organization at all They try to pay you off with higher dollar than nursing jobs in colorado, not worth it, don't go!
Pros
money
Cons
high patient to nurse ratio, no help from management, all they care about is making their balance sheet look good, patients getting hurt because of no help, just awful.

2.8