Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Awesome
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 12, 2017
The owner was really nice. She worked with my schedule. I was dedicated to her time though but If I ever had something to do or I was running a little later she had no problem.
Pros
Willing to work with your schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Good Place For Young People To Work
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 26, 2017
High stress but a great opportunity for young people to build a meaningful career. I enjoyed it but having retired from a previous career the reason to stay employed full time was not important to me.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
High stress
Review
Customer Care Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  East CampusdApril 26, 2017
My most enjoyable part of the job is helping the community. I have the opportunity to expand my knowledge in billing. Occurrence policy not realistic.
Fun and great workplace
CNA/Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 18, 2017
Loved the staff and it was a great place to work, I had a great experience. The benefits are awesome and the hospital staff is very nice. The city is also a great place to live.
it was a good place to work
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 18, 2017
It was very busy. I worked all floors and was a sitter also. I loved the people I worked with they were a good group. The hardest part was getting aciculated to each floor.
Pros
the education was very life changing
Cons
the moving all over as a float was hard at first but I got used to it.
worst job experience ever
Insurance/billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 9, 2017
I thought working in a health setting would be a good thing. I felt that I was to help patients making sure that there bills were paid correctly by insurance and also that they were not being billed for care issues that only pad the bill but did not really occur. I learned that patients come last over the all-mighty dollar. The office was very divided, there were those that worked hard and those that floated by and did very little. The hardest part was putting up with all the political trappings of the job. The most enjoyable part was my interaction with patients.
Pros
Cons
backstabbing
Nice solarium to get away to have quiet time
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne WyomingApril 6, 2017
Nice place to work and great job security. Nice building and surroundings. Nice patio and garden to go to on breaks. My supervisors were very nice and thoughtful
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Could not always get breaks
OK place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 1, 2017
GOOD- high paying, good patient ratios
BAD- poor opportunity for advancement, bad benefits, understaffed, high turn over
UGLY- cliquey, do not trust anyone- they reward traitors
Last position
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 30, 2017
Responsible for 48 patients and 90+ employees What I learned was to continue to delegate and teach staff, patients and families every day

Workplace culture was difficult, as I was not a Wyoming-native. Not everyone was held to "just culture" accountability.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No work/life balance
not a great place
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  m/sMarch 6, 2017
Patient to nurse ratio too high. Not a caring atmosphere. Totally bad place to work. Second time i worked there. First time was great. Typical night 7-8 patients, management was horrible and didn't care. There were no enjoyable parts to this job. Nasty environment from nurses.
Pros
Cons
too many patients
I have learned about leadership, and communication skills in a business as well as personal.
Operations Manager EVS (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 4, 2017
I am very happy with my experience with the company I have brought integrity and leadership to my peers, and to my Directors.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Relocating, and bonuses
Productive teams
Patient Financial / Billing Leader (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 4, 2017
The teams work hard to complete daily tasks. Unfortunately most of these go un-noticed by leadership team while team members suffer.
Some leadership acknowledge and show appreciation for your hard work.
Pros
Steady work, great coworkers
Cons
leadership, Cfo, CEO continue to change
Great pay, lously health insurance, to much politics
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 1, 2017
Great pay, could be an excellent place to work but the politics will get you if your not a people person. Facilities Engineering department is a horrible department to work in and there issues are documented so you don't need to take my word on it.
Pros
pay
Cons
politics
Loved working there and the people but management sucked
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne WyomingDecember 26, 2016
Loved what I did and the people I worked with just hated the management knowbody really knew how to manage the department I was in but overall okay place to work
Highly Educational and open work environment
Patient Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 1, 2016
Typically a day at work begins with a morning meeting in order to communicate information to the staff. This is followed by beginning our basic work task. I have learned how to use multiple programs and websites pertaining to my job functions. I have even completed a CCA training program thanks to my current job. My co-workers are helpful, talented, and skilled at what they do. The hardest part of the job is implementing the ever changing standards of hospital billing. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning how to adapt to changes and actually see the results of our hard work based on the amount of revenue we bring into the hospital.
Pros
Team building lunches
Cons
The current facility is older and under repairs.
Great staff and a great learning enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 18, 2016
As a phlebotomist I loved working at Cheyenne regional. At the time I was working almost full time hours as a part time employee. I needed to prioritize school because my goal was to get into Laramie County Community College's Nursing program.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Hardly any breaks and short staffed most of the time
Terrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 22, 2016
If your not part of the click you will end up either quitting due to bulling or get fired for a very stupid reason. Doesn't matter how well you do your job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management rely on gossip and bulling to get the job done
Excellent educational opportunities.
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82001June 16, 2016
Fun, fast paced office with lots of room for growth and education. Wonderful co workers, and overall pleasant office environment.
Encouraged learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 17, 2016
CRMC was very flexible with my school schedule and encouraged me to stay educated and continue education. The nurses that I had the opportunity to work with were wonderful.
Questions??
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  CheyenneFebruary 6, 2016
Why is the pay so low??? As a phlebotomist and Lab Assistant I have always made more than $15.00 hr with just starting out of school.. My last job as a lab assistant in MN I was making $18.50 hr. I don't get how the pay can be so low dealing with body fluids and the stress level. The receptionist starts out at $15 hr Thats sad.
Pros
Cons
Hourly rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8