Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Lead Medical Coder/Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work . Managers are willing to help solve any issues. I have had great team work and staff. always willing to go the extra to help where help is needed.
Pros
team work
Cons
health insurnace
Great place to learn!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 12, 2017
This employment was as a CNA. Several years ago I was given the opportunity to work as a new CNA at the hospital. The learning opportunities were invaluable! Once I entered into nursing school, the RN's that I shared patients with would share and show me different diseases to enhance my learning.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Violating Labor Standards
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 8, 2017
I was called "the maid" by one manager due to my being Mexican and the manager German, from Germany and Human Resources was told and did nothing.
My last manager did an audit with false findings after I began to apply for other positions-she lied in front of HR as she terminated me.She also bullied me for having Lupus and committed defamation of character.
Worked with some good people
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 28, 2017
Due to high turnover at the hospital, in the three years that I worked there, I had five supervisors. Very political atmosphere, didn't really feel that your opinion or ideas mattered. They asked, had meetings, but nothing much was done about issues that were raised. Just not a "great" place to work.
Pros
Patients and co employees
Cons
Too much back stabbing and who knows who situation.
Registration at Cheyenne Regional was great!
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 16, 2017
I really liked working in the registration department of the new Emergency Room. The staff was really friendly to work with! I liked the different nights of work, it was always interesting! You never knew what would show up at night. It was exciting and a great experience.
Pros
Enjoyed the excitement
Cons
That I had to leave
a decent place to work
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 10, 2017
Decent place to work
Pay is lower than in other medical facilities that are in Colorado (approximately 50 miles away) but the cost of living is lower in Cheyenne. Great atmosphere and friendly coworkers
It is a decent place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 6, 2017
Like any job there are good and bad things about this organization. There is little to no advancement within the company. As well as unit managers that do not support their staff. However, the vast majority of people who are in the organization are driven to truly make an impact within the community.
Great team to get through the rough patches together
Oncology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 31, 2017
I loved working with my cancer patients on the oncology unit as well as the majority of the team I worked with. There is not another demographic of patients that demonstrates as much courage, grace and strength and teaches staff so much. It can be very stressful, requiring strong critical thinking skills,good interpersonal skills and rapid interventions, with frequent mortality. No one could do it alone and I will always carry members of that team in my heart. The hardest part was the disconnect between management and the line staff.
Pros
Great team overall
Cons
Management support
Good place to work, good benefits, fair management
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 25, 2017
This was my second period of working for Cheyenne Regional, and this period of time was more stressful due to new management. Many hours required to get the work accomplished, worked with difficult staff.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Too many hours, difficult co-workers
Awesome
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 12, 2017
The owner was really nice. She worked with my schedule. I was dedicated to her time though but If I ever had something to do or I was running a little later she had no problem.
Pros
Willing to work with your schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Good Place For Young People To Work
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 26, 2017
High stress but a great opportunity for young people to build a meaningful career. I enjoyed it but having retired from a previous career the reason to stay employed full time was not important to me.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
High stress
Review
Customer Care Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  East CampusdApril 26, 2017
My most enjoyable part of the job is helping the community. I have the opportunity to expand my knowledge in billing. Occurrence policy not realistic.
Fun and great workplace
CNA/Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 18, 2017
Loved the staff and it was a great place to work, I had a great experience. The benefits are awesome and the hospital staff is very nice. The city is also a great place to live.
it was a good place to work
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 18, 2017
It was very busy. I worked all floors and was a sitter also. I loved the people I worked with they were a good group. The hardest part was getting aciculated to each floor.
Pros
the education was very life changing
Cons
the moving all over as a float was hard at first but I got used to it.
worst job experience ever
Insurance/billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 9, 2017
I thought working in a health setting would be a good thing. I felt that I was to help patients making sure that there bills were paid correctly by insurance and also that they were not being billed for care issues that only pad the bill but did not really occur. I learned that patients come last over the all-mighty dollar. The office was very divided, there were those that worked hard and those that floated by and did very little. The hardest part was putting up with all the political trappings of the job. The most enjoyable part was my interaction with patients.
Pros
Cons
backstabbing
Nice solarium to get away to have quiet time
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne WyomingApril 6, 2017
Nice place to work and great job security. Nice building and surroundings. Nice patio and garden to go to on breaks. My supervisors were very nice and thoughtful
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Could not always get breaks
OK place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 1, 2017
GOOD- high paying, good patient ratios
BAD- poor opportunity for advancement, bad benefits, understaffed, high turn over
UGLY- cliquey, do not trust anyone- they reward traitors
Last position
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 30, 2017
Responsible for 48 patients and 90+ employees What I learned was to continue to delegate and teach staff, patients and families every day

Workplace culture was difficult, as I was not a Wyoming-native. Not everyone was held to "just culture" accountability.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No work/life balance
not a great place
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  m/sMarch 6, 2017
Patient to nurse ratio too high. Not a caring atmosphere. Totally bad place to work. Second time i worked there. First time was great. Typical night 7-8 patients, management was horrible and didn't care. There were no enjoyable parts to this job. Nasty environment from nurses.
Pros
Cons
too many patients
I have learned about leadership, and communication skills in a business as well as personal.
Operations Manager EVS (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 4, 2017
I am very happy with my experience with the company I have brought integrity and leadership to my peers, and to my Directors.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Relocating, and bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9