Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

secure
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 11, 2017
enjoyable but must be able to tolarate high stress and high volumes. I have enjoyed my position had room to grow. Need more staff and higher pay during short staffed situations
Customer Care Rep I (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 3, 2017
A typical day is receiving inbound calls from customers that need to pay their bills or make payment arrangements. We would also make outbound calls to customers to setup payment arrangements or accept payments that day.
Pros
Co-workers
Great work environment
Physical Therapy Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 26, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the nursing staff to ensure proper and positive patient care and work environment. The management was a joy to work with and assisted with scheduling around classes.
Nice place to work
Cancer Registrar (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 25, 2017
Typical small community hospital. Allows flexible schedule. Not enough parking. Vacation sick time and holiday time off rolled into one account which I thought was pretty lean.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Stingy on paid time off
supportive mangement
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 15, 2017
I took my first job with CRMC while I was going to school to which they were extremely supportive of me doing.After graduation they worked with me to move to a new job that went with my education.
I would gladly work for them again.
Friendly co-workers
Team Leader - Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 12, 2017
Cheyenne as a town was a good place to be. The Medical center on the other hand did not have good moral with the lab employees. There was alot of disgrutlement and alot of turnover. There was a thick air and an unrelaxed feel.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
micro-management
Lots of opportunities
Registered Nurse / Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 3, 2017
I have learned so much while working at CRMC. I started on the night shift and I was able to take the time to really learn my job as well as develop my nursing skills. Since moving to the day shift, I have been a floor nurse with 4-5 patients at a time as well as taking on charge duties. I have noticed a decline in moral recently but I think it is just growing pains. I am hopeful that the new management agreement will help with moral and staffing issues. The best thing about my job is helping people heal and guide them through a scary situation. The hardest thing is having patients that are not compliant or willing to get better.
Pros
self scheduling, taking care of patients, my co-workers
Cons
short staffed
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 29, 2017
I loved this place, I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. I didn't intend to leave this place, had to relocate. I found this place to be relaxed yet competitive and enjoyable with out being overly stressful. I miss this place
Lead Medical Coder/Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work . Managers are willing to help solve any issues. I have had great team work and staff. always willing to go the extra to help where help is needed.
Pros
team work
Cons
health insurnace
Great place to learn!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 12, 2017
This employment was as a CNA. Several years ago I was given the opportunity to work as a new CNA at the hospital. The learning opportunities were invaluable! Once I entered into nursing school, the RN's that I shared patients with would share and show me different diseases to enhance my learning.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Violating Labor Standards
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 8, 2017
I was called "the maid" by one manager due to my being Mexican and the manager German, from Germany and Human Resources was told and did nothing.
My last manager did an audit with false findings after I began to apply for other positions-she lied in front of HR as she terminated me.She also bullied me for having Lupus and committed defamation of character.
Worked with some good people
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 28, 2017
Due to high turnover at the hospital, in the three years that I worked there, I had five supervisors. Very political atmosphere, didn't really feel that your opinion or ideas mattered. They asked, had meetings, but nothing much was done about issues that were raised. Just not a "great" place to work.
Pros
Patients and co employees
Cons
Too much back stabbing and who knows who situation.
Registration at Cheyenne Regional was great!
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 16, 2017
I really liked working in the registration department of the new Emergency Room. The staff was really friendly to work with! I liked the different nights of work, it was always interesting! You never knew what would show up at night. It was exciting and a great experience.
Pros
Enjoyed the excitement
Cons
That I had to leave
a decent place to work
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 10, 2017
Decent place to work
Pay is lower than in other medical facilities that are in Colorado (approximately 50 miles away) but the cost of living is lower in Cheyenne. Great atmosphere and friendly coworkers
It is a decent place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 6, 2017
Like any job there are good and bad things about this organization. There is little to no advancement within the company. As well as unit managers that do not support their staff. However, the vast majority of people who are in the organization are driven to truly make an impact within the community.
Great team to get through the rough patches together
Oncology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 31, 2017
I loved working with my cancer patients on the oncology unit as well as the majority of the team I worked with. There is not another demographic of patients that demonstrates as much courage, grace and strength and teaches staff so much. It can be very stressful, requiring strong critical thinking skills,good interpersonal skills and rapid interventions, with frequent mortality. No one could do it alone and I will always carry members of that team in my heart. The hardest part was the disconnect between management and the line staff.
Pros
Great team overall
Cons
Management support
Good place to work, good benefits, fair management
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 25, 2017
This was my second period of working for Cheyenne Regional, and this period of time was more stressful due to new management. Many hours required to get the work accomplished, worked with difficult staff.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Too many hours, difficult co-workers
Awesome
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 12, 2017
The owner was really nice. She worked with my schedule. I was dedicated to her time though but If I ever had something to do or I was running a little later she had no problem.
Pros
Willing to work with your schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Good Place For Young People To Work
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 26, 2017
High stress but a great opportunity for young people to build a meaningful career. I enjoyed it but having retired from a previous career the reason to stay employed full time was not important to me.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
High stress
Review
Customer Care Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  East CampusdApril 26, 2017
My most enjoyable part of the job is helping the community. I have the opportunity to expand my knowledge in billing. Occurrence policy not realistic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9