Cheyenne Regional Medical Center

Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Loved working there and the people but management sucked
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne WyomingDecember 26, 2016
Loved what I did and the people I worked with just hated the management knowbody really knew how to manage the department I was in but overall okay place to work
Highly Educational and open work environment
Patient Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 1, 2016
Typically a day at work begins with a morning meeting in order to communicate information to the staff. This is followed by beginning our basic work task. I have learned how to use multiple programs and websites pertaining to my job functions. I have even completed a CCA training program thanks to my current job. My co-workers are helpful, talented, and skilled at what they do. The hardest part of the job is implementing the ever changing standards of hospital billing. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning how to adapt to changes and actually see the results of our hard work based on the amount of revenue we bring into the hospital.
Pros
Team building lunches
Cons
The current facility is older and under repairs.
Great staff and a great learning enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 18, 2016
As a phlebotomist I loved working at Cheyenne regional. At the time I was working almost full time hours as a part time employee. I needed to prioritize school because my goal was to get into Laramie County Community College's Nursing program.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Hardly any breaks and short staffed most of the time
Terrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 22, 2016
If your not part of the click you will end up either quitting due to bulling or get fired for a very stupid reason. Doesn't matter how well you do your job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management rely on gossip and bulling to get the job done
Excellent educational opportunities.
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82001June 16, 2016
Fun, fast paced office with lots of room for growth and education. Wonderful co workers, and overall pleasant office environment.
Encouraged learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 17, 2016
CRMC was very flexible with my school schedule and encouraged me to stay educated and continue education. The nurses that I had the opportunity to work with were wonderful.
Questions??
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  CheyenneFebruary 6, 2016
Why is the pay so low??? As a phlebotomist and Lab Assistant I have always made more than $15.00 hr with just starting out of school.. My last job as a lab assistant in MN I was making $18.50 hr. I don't get how the pay can be so low dealing with body fluids and the stress level. The receptionist starts out at $15 hr Thats sad.
Pros
Cons
Hourly rate
Blood isn't so scary.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 3, 2015
What I did on a day to day basis was draw patients blood and send them to the lab. I worked all over the hospital including the ER, it was amazing experience being able to interact with all the patients and my coworkers were amazing. It was a really fun place to work with. I was able to draw 700 patients in a month.
---
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  CRMCOctober 2, 2015
great people, good benefits, nice commute - relatively short, able to participate in community events, organization generally supportive of local work, visible, lots of variety in work, challenging, good place to grow.
hard job but enjoyable
Wound Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 22, 2015
This job was my first nursing experience. I really enjoyed learning how to become a compassionate person. this is where i started my love for wound care. Great staff that I enjoyed working with.
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 22, 2015
A great place to work! I enjoyed my experience working with Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Learning to work in a hospital setting where I had the opportunity to work with different people and age ranges was very rewarding for me. I would love to be able to go back there again.

Comment – August 6, 2015

Thank you for the review. If opportunity allows you to come back to CRMC we would love to have you be a part of the team again.

Productive work place with hospitable, compassionate team
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WyomingJanuary 24, 2015
I went to work as an Administrative Assistant at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center in the Clinical Education Department. This has been a wonderful place to be employed. The people work so hard and everything that is taught whether through example, sacrifice or just everyday work is for the best care of the patients. Who couldn't love that?
Pros
Hard working people who are invested in their work

Comment – August 6, 2015

Thank you for the wonderful review comment. May your experiences continue to be positive and your attitude pleasantly contagious.

Productive and fast paced
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 15, 2014
I enjoyed helping my patients get the answers they were requesting for their billing problems and needs. The day would start out slow but go by quicker after the half hour lunch we had daily.
Pros
kind staff members, busy days, great benefits
Cons
parking is not great, more work than one person can handle
Progressive and positive place to work. My unit voted #1 in state of WY in it's category.
RN Staff Nurse, RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 16, 2014
Great Team of staff nurses and CNA's to work with. Very enjoyable and helpful ancillary departments. Quick response times from Lab, C.P., and on-duty Rapid Response teams.
Pros
Higher end salary offers. Promotes positive platforms and support.
Cons
Difficult to advance within organization due to Managers that want to retain you for themselves, our unit remains old with very small rooms.
Job Security
Manager (Current Employee) –  CheyenneApril 22, 2014
The battle with working as a support service at a hospital is the lack of security. When cuts need to be made it is support services who get cut first
Interventional Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 14, 2014
Great place to work with support to further your career.
Supportive managers
Great learning hospital
Learned about good and bad bedside manners
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 13, 2014
I learned so much about so many medical labs, tests, information, and it was helpful in teaching me about time management.
Director of Facilities and Construction (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 7, 2014
A typical day at CRMC is rewarding. Felt good to make patients and families feel comfortable and safe. Great staff.
I enjoyed working for CRMC
Medical Transcription (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 31, 2014
I checked messages for instructions before transcribing specific reports.

I learned new techniques in the medical record, new surgical and pharmacology terminology.

The management of my department varied over the last 17 years. Several managers had different formulas for our department but overall, medical transcription department did very well.

Coworkers were not really seen as most of us worked at home. Meetings and getting together for new software training was our contact. Still friends with most of my coworkers.

The hardest part of my job was finding out the hospital was changing to a new system that would eliminate most of the transcription department.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work at home.
Pros
Working at home.
Cons
None.
decent hospital, definitely differs from department to department
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 16, 2013
The hiring staff was more than friendly and made it seem like it was going to be a great place to work. Once you get into a department though your opinion seems to get lost. I was promised many things that did not happen and no one seemed to care or want to help me at all. It may have just been my department but the management was beyond anything you could consider decent. Staff and patient's best interest were the last of concern and higher management did not want to deal with complaints or concerns so if your immediate manager was bad it there is no winning and nowhere to turn.
Pros
good opportunities to advancement or change
Cons
horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8