Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Last position
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 30, 2017
Responsible for 48 patients and 90+ employees What I learned was to continue to delegate and teach staff, patients and families every day

Workplace culture was difficult, as I was not a Wyoming-native. Not everyone was held to "just culture" accountability.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No work/life balance
not a great place
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  m/sMarch 6, 2017
Patient to nurse ratio too high. Not a caring atmosphere. Totally bad place to work. Second time i worked there. First time was great. Typical night 7-8 patients, management was horrible and didn't care. There were no enjoyable parts to this job. Nasty environment from nurses.
Pros
Cons
too many patients
I have learned about leadership, and communication skills in a business as well as personal.
Operations Manager EVS (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 4, 2017
I am very happy with my experience with the company I have brought integrity and leadership to my peers, and to my Directors.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Relocating, and bonuses
Productive teams
Patient Financial / Billing Leader (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 4, 2017
The teams work hard to complete daily tasks. Unfortunately most of these go un-noticed by leadership team while team members suffer.
Some leadership acknowledge and show appreciation for your hard work.
Pros
Steady work, great coworkers
Cons
leadership, Cfo, CEO continue to change
Great pay, lously health insurance, to much politics
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 1, 2017
Great pay, could be an excellent place to work but the politics will get you if your not a people person. Facilities Engineering department is a horrible department to work in and there issues are documented so you don't need to take my word on it.
Pros
pay
Cons
politics
Loved working there and the people but management sucked
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne WyomingDecember 26, 2016
Loved what I did and the people I worked with just hated the management knowbody really knew how to manage the department I was in but overall okay place to work
Highly Educational and open work environment
Patient Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 1, 2016
Typically a day at work begins with a morning meeting in order to communicate information to the staff. This is followed by beginning our basic work task. I have learned how to use multiple programs and websites pertaining to my job functions. I have even completed a CCA training program thanks to my current job. My co-workers are helpful, talented, and skilled at what they do. The hardest part of the job is implementing the ever changing standards of hospital billing. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning how to adapt to changes and actually see the results of our hard work based on the amount of revenue we bring into the hospital.
Pros
Team building lunches
Cons
The current facility is older and under repairs.
Great staff and a great learning enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 18, 2016
As a phlebotomist I loved working at Cheyenne regional. At the time I was working almost full time hours as a part time employee. I needed to prioritize school because my goal was to get into Laramie County Community College's Nursing program.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Hardly any breaks and short staffed most of the time
Terrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 22, 2016
If your not part of the click you will end up either quitting due to bulling or get fired for a very stupid reason. Doesn't matter how well you do your job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management rely on gossip and bulling to get the job done
Excellent educational opportunities.
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82001June 16, 2016
Fun, fast paced office with lots of room for growth and education. Wonderful co workers, and overall pleasant office environment.
Encouraged learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 17, 2016
CRMC was very flexible with my school schedule and encouraged me to stay educated and continue education. The nurses that I had the opportunity to work with were wonderful.
Questions??
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  CheyenneFebruary 6, 2016
Why is the pay so low??? As a phlebotomist and Lab Assistant I have always made more than $15.00 hr with just starting out of school.. My last job as a lab assistant in MN I was making $18.50 hr. I don't get how the pay can be so low dealing with body fluids and the stress level. The receptionist starts out at $15 hr Thats sad.
Pros
Cons
Hourly rate
Blood isn't so scary.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 3, 2015
What I did on a day to day basis was draw patients blood and send them to the lab. I worked all over the hospital including the ER, it was amazing experience being able to interact with all the patients and my coworkers were amazing. It was a really fun place to work with. I was able to draw 700 patients in a month.
---
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  CRMCOctober 2, 2015
great people, good benefits, nice commute - relatively short, able to participate in community events, organization generally supportive of local work, visible, lots of variety in work, challenging, good place to grow.
hard job but enjoyable
Wound Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 22, 2015
This job was my first nursing experience. I really enjoyed learning how to become a compassionate person. this is where i started my love for wound care. Great staff that I enjoyed working with.
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 22, 2015
A great place to work! I enjoyed my experience working with Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Learning to work in a hospital setting where I had the opportunity to work with different people and age ranges was very rewarding for me. I would love to be able to go back there again.
Official response from Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
August 6, 2015

Thank you for the review. If opportunity allows you to come back to CRMC we would love to have you be a part of the team again.

Productive work place with hospitable, compassionate team
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WyomingJanuary 24, 2015
I went to work as an Administrative Assistant at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center in the Clinical Education Department. This has been a wonderful place to be employed. The people work so hard and everything that is taught whether through example, sacrifice or just everyday work is for the best care of the patients. Who couldn't love that?
Pros
Hard working people who are invested in their work
Official response from Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
August 6, 2015

Thank you for the wonderful review comment. May your experiences continue to be positive and your attitude pleasantly contagious.

Productive and fast paced
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 15, 2014
I enjoyed helping my patients get the answers they were requesting for their billing problems and needs. The day would start out slow but go by quicker after the half hour lunch we had daily.
Pros
kind staff members, busy days, great benefits
Cons
parking is not great, more work than one person can handle
Progressive and positive place to work. My unit voted #1 in state of WY in it's category.
RN Staff Nurse, RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 16, 2014
Great Team of staff nurses and CNA's to work with. Very enjoyable and helpful ancillary departments. Quick response times from Lab, C.P., and on-duty Rapid Response teams.
Pros
Higher end salary offers. Promotes positive platforms and support.
Cons
Difficult to advance within organization due to Managers that want to retain you for themselves, our unit remains old with very small rooms.
Job Security
Manager (Current Employee) –  CheyenneApril 22, 2014
The battle with working as a support service at a hospital is the lack of security. When cuts need to be made it is support services who get cut first

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9