Cheyney University of Pennsylvania

Cheyney University of Pennsylvania Employer Reviews

Productive and Fast Paced
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Cheyney, PAApril 28, 2014
Pros: tuition for employees, spouses and dependents
Cons: no breaks, our union is hit the hardest with lay offs
I assist with the financial management of federal and state grants totaling 2.1 million dollars.
Heads they win, tails I lose
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Cheyney, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, relatively quiet, some autonomy
Cons: stagnant culture, limited mobility, management issues, nepotism
The benefits do not generally outweigh the detriments. Flexible work hours could add significant value but are forbidden by manager for no apparent reason beyond personal opinion. Generally friendly co-workers but the boss is too often Mr. Hyde and rarely Dr. Jeckyll.
Exciting, different everyday, challanging, rewarding
Administrative Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee), Cheyney, PennsylvaniaNovember 16, 2013
Pros: learning is essentail which is a daily routine, great students and a great working environment even under stress
Cons: unsuccessful students
A typical day at work is working with students and solving problems from personal issues to school related issues in class to withdrawals. I manage the office from ordering supplies and furniture to organizing the planned events on campus. I manage student workers for our department and my co-workers have many different personalities in which I adjust – more... to each in order to get my job done. The hardest part of the job would be making sure the students are well equipped with all of the information they need to reach their dreams when they are not sure which direction to go in; most cases you have to guide them in the right direction. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have the office run smoothly, the planned events turn out successful and the students graduate with honors. – less
A productive and fun place.
Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Cheyney, PAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: very good place to work
Cons: stabilty
A great leaning experience. working with budget and traveling. Meeting student family members and friends.
Great Company
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Cheyney, PAMay 5, 2013
Great company in training and teaching how to be responsible and providing the best service
A goal oriented organization with promising leadership
Student Trustee (Former Employee), Cheyney, PennsylvaniaMarch 24, 2013
As a student trustee I acted as a liaison between students, administration and everyone in between. I received and reviewed feedback from the campus community regarding campus life, conditions, requests, etc. I often relayed information to and through the campus community regarding state system updates, current events, special projects. These correspondences – more... took place via email, meetings, focus groups, social media and conversations. I worked independently with the support of organizations, faculty, and staff. I reported research and finding to various committees and at meetings. I worked with a board of 14 trustees who shared the diverse beliefs about the state of the university's matters. The hardest part of my job was remaining unbiased. As a student I had to act in favor the university's strategic goals and view its progression towards fulfilling its mission from an objective perspective. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interactions with the university's students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni and stakeholders. Their insight and dedication went a long way with their support, the university has accomplished many goals and their personal impact on the university at large was a lasting one. – less
Great work place for a small university
IT Technician (Former Employee), Cheyney, PAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: great views and friendly people
Cons: big distance from the closest major city
After working there for over 2 years. I found that this was a great place to work. Staff and students were very friendly and this was more of a small community because majority of the students lived on campus so interaction was more with everyone.
Great Job
Director, Training / Organizational Development (Former Employee), Cheyney, PAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: using skills and talents, skills and life long training objectives.
This position allowed me the opportunity to work with faculty, staff and students to provide them with an opportunity to enhance their professional and personal skills.

I learned how to assess behaviors and develop needs to meet individuals.

All co-workers were appreciative in the opportunity to grow and learn about themselves and their skills.
Administrative Assistant Intern
Alumni RELATIONS INTERN (Former Employee), Cheyney,PaJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: time was flexible
Cons: unpaid
This was unpaid Internship. It was a great environment and the time was flexible
Productive, fast-paced, and a great place to work
Production Assistant (Work-Study) (Current Employee), Cheyney, PAMay 10, 2012
Pros: being a talent escort for an event.
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work was very fast-paced and fun. I was envolved with everything including video, editing, radio broad casting, marketing, stage production, and front office operations.
The school is very nice, but it has some oganization problems as well.
College Success Volunteer (Current Employee), Cheyney, PAMay 7, 2012
Pros: good hours and setting
Cons: no pay
I come in and man the telephone station, and help to organize assignments. I also will complete any other work assigned to me.
Loved coming in everyday
aquaculture lab assistant (Former Employee), Cheyney University research labMarch 8, 2012
Pros: free pizza fridays
Never a dull moment in this lab, we worked ferverntly to give the best product to our customers and potential sponsors. Media attention and support from politicians gave us the jumpstart we needed to get the ball rolling and with my supervisor at the head we never looked back. The energy we all brought to the table was like nothing I ever experienced.