Cheyney University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews in United States

Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
Media Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheyney, PA 19319May 25, 2016
I've worked for Cheyney University for over 13 years. I have had different job titles in different departments. It is a fair place to work with really great people to work with and for. If it wasn't for the fact that I am trying to relocate I would still enjoy working for Cheyney.
Pros
Family oriented, made really great friends here.
Cons
The drive to work can be a little trying.
Great Opportunities to learn and grow
Program Director-Summer Transportation Institute (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PAMay 4, 2016
Cheyney is an incubator for expanding minds and innovators. unfortunately, due to union security of most of the positions the employees become mediocre and complacent in their jobs. Continuing education s/b a requirement for most positions given the rapid rate of technology and education changes that frequently take place in today's world
Pros
Great learning environment, Rich history and legacy, Many educational opportunities
Cons
Mediocrity is tolerated too much, Lack of understanding for the funding processes in Higher Ed
awesome
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PADecember 29, 2015
Cheney University is a diverse learning experience. I would recommend visiting the campus and getting to know more about the University and what it has to offer.
Creative experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PADecember 7, 2015
Supportive faculty members, creative and innovative teamwork experience, collaboration opportunities, and great career development opportunities.

A great mentorship.
Pros
student engagement
Cheyney
Administrative Clerical (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PAAugust 20, 2015
Cheyney was a great experience. I worked with students traditional and non traditional who desired a better life achieved through education. I was happy to serve at Cheyney and very happy to serve the population of at least 5000 students during my approximate 10 tenure. Cheyney was a very rewarding and positive experience to utilize my administrative abilities on a day to day basis.
Could be a great place to work with the right administration
Information Technology Generalist (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PAJanuary 22, 2015
This has the potential to be a great place to work once an excellent, caring administrative team is put in place. The benefits are excellent!
Productive and Fast Paced
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cheyney, PAApril 28, 2014
I assist with the financial management of federal and state grants totaling 2.1 million dollars.
Pros
tuition for employees, spouses and dependents
Cons
no breaks, our union is hit the hardest with lay offs
Heads they win, tails I lose
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Cheyney, PAFebruary 27, 2014
The benefits do not generally outweigh the detriments. Flexible work hours could add significant value but are forbidden by manager for no apparent reason beyond personal opinion. Generally friendly co-workers but the boss is too often Mr. Hyde and rarely Dr. Jeckyll.
Pros
great benefits, relatively quiet, some autonomy
Cons
stagnant culture, limited mobility, management issues, nepotism
Exciting, different everyday, challanging, rewarding
Administrative Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee) –  Cheyney, PennsylvaniaNovember 16, 2013
A typical day at work is working with students and solving problems from personal issues to school related issues in class to withdrawals. I manage the office from ordering supplies and furniture to organizing the planned events on campus. I manage student workers for our department and my co-workers have many different personalities in which I adjust to each in order to get my job done. The hardest part of the job would be making sure the students are well equipped with all of the information they need to reach their dreams when they are not sure which direction to go in; most cases you have to guide them in the right direction. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have the office run smoothly, the planned events turn out successful and the students graduate with honors.
Pros
learning is essentail which is a daily routine, great students and a great working environment even under stress
Cons
unsuccessful students
A productive and fun place.
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PAAugust 16, 2013
A great leaning experience. working with budget and traveling. Meeting student family members and friends.
Pros
very good place to work
Cons
stabilty
Great Company
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PAMay 5, 2013
Great company in training and teaching how to be responsible and providing the best service
A goal oriented organization with promising leadership
Student Trustee (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PennsylvaniaMarch 24, 2013
As a student trustee I acted as a liaison between students, administration and everyone in between. I received and reviewed feedback from the campus community regarding campus life, conditions, requests, etc. I often relayed information to and through the campus community regarding state system updates, current events, special projects. These correspondences took place via email, meetings, focus groups, social media and conversations. I worked independently with the support of organizations, faculty, and staff. I reported research and finding to various committees and at meetings. I worked with a board of 14 trustees who shared the diverse beliefs about the state of the university's matters. The hardest part of my job was remaining unbiased. As a student I had to act in favor the university's strategic goals and view its progression towards fulfilling its mission from an objective perspective. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interactions with the university's students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni and stakeholders. Their insight and dedication went a long way with their support, the university has accomplished many goals and their personal impact on the university at large was a lasting one.
Great work place for a small university
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PAJanuary 31, 2013
After working there for over 2 years. I found that this was a great place to work. Staff and students were very friendly and this was more of a small community because majority of the students lived on campus so interaction was more with everyone.
Pros
great views and friendly people
Cons
big distance from the closest major city
Great Job
Director, Training / Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  Cheyney, PAJanuary 16, 2013
This position allowed me the opportunity to work with faculty, staff and students to provide them with an opportunity to enhance their professional and personal skills.

I learned how to assess behaviors and develop needs to meet individuals.

All co-workers were appreciative in the opportunity to grow and learn about themselves and their skills.
Pros
using skills and talents, skills and life long training objectives.
Administrative Assistant Intern
Alumni RELATIONS INTERN (Former Employee) –  Cheyney,PaJanuary 9, 2013
This was unpaid Internship. It was a great environment and the time was flexible
Pros
time was flexible
Cons
unpaid
Productive, fast-paced, and a great place to work
Production Assistant (Work-Study) (Current Employee) –  Cheyney, PAMay 10, 2012
A typical day at work was very fast-paced and fun. I was envolved with everything including video, editing, radio broad casting, marketing, stage production, and front office operations.
Pros
being a talent escort for an event.
Cons
no cons
The school is very nice, but it has some oganization problems as well.
College Success Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cheyney, PAMay 7, 2012
I come in and man the telephone station, and help to organize assignments. I also will complete any other work assigned to me.
Pros
good hours and setting
Cons
no pay
Loved coming in everyday
aquaculture lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyney University research labMarch 8, 2012
Never a dull moment in this lab, we worked ferverntly to give the best product to our customers and potential sponsors. Media attention and support from politicians gave us the jumpstart we needed to get the ball rolling and with my supervisor at the head we never looked back. The energy we all brought to the table was like nothing I ever experienced.
Pros
free pizza fridays

4.2