CHG Healthcare Services

CHG Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Sold something different
Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2017
I was sold the core values and "culture" of this company. I didn't see any of what they sold in training and the person that recruited me. The only good people in the company work in the FL office
Pros
Good medical benefits
FVortune 100 Best Place to Work for a reason, many reasons!
Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2016
CHG truly lives behind it's core values of Putting People First. They believe in work life balance which allows me to work hard, and play even harder! They trust you to perform at your best with a very casual dress code and lots of ammeneties.
Pros
Flex schedule, game room, fun atmosphere, free onsite health clinic
Cons
growth in leadership roles
DO NOT be a Physician Recruiter
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2016
Okay, so when I first got this job I was excited, they have great benefits, everyone seems nice, they seem to good to be true and it's because they are. This company honestly reminds me of a cult, and I wish I could say otherwise, they promise you the world, and tell you what you want to hear but it's all fake.

Their are many issues with them, that you start to realize after you take the job and work here. If you are a Physician Recruiter, they will keep raising your sales goals, they also never tell you in training that if you book a doctor for an assignment and they can't get approved to work, whatever days you booked with that doctor, they will count it against you as something called "Fall Off."

They have a very high turn over rate, especially for sales, they pay the sales department $47,500 a year now starting, sounds great, the problem is, if you don't constantly perform, they will fire you. If you fail to meet your goals, they will put you on a performance plan called PIP and you basically have a certain amount of time before you get let go.

A lot of the sales team are of PIP plans, and they keep it very hush hush, meeting your sales goals is easier said than done. Like I mentioned before the fall off rate is very high and it can make it almost impossible to get a doctor working, and for them to finish their full assignment if they do start.

The rest of the other positions at CHG that are not in sales, excluding upper management etc. get paid only $30,000 starting, which is low in my opinion. They make their money off of sales here, and they pay them high,
  more... because they try to keep them going, and basically burn them out. If your in sales, you won't make the 47k a year because they will fire you before the year is over. I saw a lot of my co-workers disappear and get let go constantly and it was sad.

My advice, If you want to make some good money while it last's take the job, but it's going to be hard to make it a stable job, and this is coming from a top sales performer.

If you want stability, take anything besides sales, but you will get paid far less, however your job will be secure.

This company really let me down, and I feel like more people need to speak up about it and not be ashamed.
Pros
Benefits, Company parties, work life balance, pay
Cons
Upper Management, Fake, Sales department
Sales Roles
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 13, 2016
The culture at this company is truly amazing. However, the new compensation structure lacks motivation to the top performers. Also, it is near impossible for advancement (internally) unless you want to invest 3-5 years. After your time investment you will then take a pay cut to 60k per year. Don’t waste your time if you are looking for a career.
Pros
Game room, Gym, Culture
Cons
Compensation
This job was some good with some bad.
Accounting Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 12, 2016
When I started the job my manager thought highly of me. I was able to use my knowledge of MS Access to help reduce AP job from a 4 day job into a job that only took a few hours and all the new data from the database could be loaded up directly in the main database. A new manager started and we did not work well with each other and I was let go.
Pros
I increased my knowledge of MS Access more at this job then any other of my jobs.
CHG Healthcare Services
Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 27, 2016
The job is great, it is a little weird getting used to how transparent people are but once you are out of training you learn a lot & are surrounded by great people with core values they follow.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too transparent at times
Great Culture and Great People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2016
CHG was one of the best places I have worked. They truly believe in their people and live by their CORE values. Management is a little separated from day to day but they continue to grow their people. They pride themselves on delivering feedback and taking personal interest in their people.
Pros
Culture and benefits
Cons
Political at times and a lot of meetings
Billing specialist
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTNovember 16, 2015
Great Company. Management needs to be worked on. they are under skilled too new. they need more training and better communication. the need to focus on the success for the employee and not take things personal'
tasks
Clerical (Former Employee) –  salt lake city, utahAugust 3, 2015
• Demonstrated Excel skills by performing data entry and tracking reports
• Monitored inventory and tracked budgets for numerous offices
• Answered phones for multi-lines transferring calls to the appropriate office
• Performed print, copy, lamination, and binding jobs for various departments
• Operated Hasler’s folding and postage metering machines to ensure large mailings were sent in the most effective and efficient manner
• Archived documents to store pertinent information for numerous offices and stored original documentation in a warehouse
Fun enviroment BUT
recruiter (Former Employee) –  ft lauderdale, floridaMay 1, 2015
I worked here for a year. In the beginning it was great. But you realize very quickly that the culture is very cliquish and management is two faced. Although management says its all about how if you work hard and do well, there are great advancement opportunities, thats not the case. The real way to advance is to be a relative of someone in management. Nepotism runs rampant here. The only way to hit their first year goal is to walk into a book of business from someone who got fired or quit. About 85 percent of new recruiters dont make it after 1 year. Base pay is small and doesnt reflect cost of living here in south Florida. Commissions are something left to be desired. Lots of favoritism here as well. If you were good friends with your dept manager, life was good. If not, its a difficult place to work as you are very micromanaged and constantly being threatened with termination for not hitting numbers. Overall, the atmosphere is casual but no real advancement opportunities and pay is not good compared to other recruiter agencies.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
Very Competitive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 22, 2015
It's a highly competitive market. There's a lot to earn if you are one of the few that do well but that is not the case for the majority. Turnover is high and there is a lot of pressure to hit lofty goals.
Chg is a great place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityDecember 2, 2014
I don't really understand the other reviews on here. Some of these people say it is a cutthroat business. They obviously have never worked in that type of environment before because it is not even close. This is a company that actually lives by its core values and truly cares about people. They don't just let go of people if they feel like it or if someone doesn't hit their numbers one week. They give people every opportunity to be successful. Just like any other company, there are teams that are better than others. There is a lot of room for advancement if YOU EARN it. It will not be handed to you. This is a phenomenal company and one of the best I worked at.
Pros
Cares about their people, Volunteer Time Off, Good PTO, On Site Health Clinic, Great Culture.
Cons
Pay
It's one of the best companies to work for in UTAH!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 26, 2014
If your going to be a recruiter, be careful very cut-throat business! They expect you to make about 60 - 80 calls a day and it can get brutal. Management is so so, depends which group your in and you don't get to choose. Burn out rate is pretty high in this industry, if you get stressed out easily this job is not for you! If you don't produce you will get fired within a reasonable time frame. And if your not doing well, they will micro manage.

I did everything they asked but luck wasn't on my side. People that work there are generally nice and the culture is fine. Bottom line is, can you get someone to move from one location to another for their new job? Keep in mind, people you are trying to relocate may have family and will they want to move to a so so location or rural area?
Pros
Most people were nice.
Cons
Too much pressure, micro manage, poor management, too many calls.
Ranked on Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list five years running!
Marketing and Communication Specialist - Corporate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahAugust 28, 2014
Incredible leadership. A place were you can be yourself and develop your passions. CHG's core value of "Putting People First" is seen in every action and interaction. The people are smart, talented, supportive and fun! The hardest part of the job was there were not enough hours in the day to implement all the great engagement ideas. The best part -- being surrounded by amazing people.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
LOTS of meetings
productive workplace
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 13, 2014
calling doctors all day 50+ required daily obc
would see if drs are avail to work
management is two faced here
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management
recruiter (Current Employee) –  fort lauderdale, FLMarch 10, 2014
This is a great place to work. There are pros and cons like every work place. Overall, great culture.
Pros
lunch time yoga, healthcare
Cons
no advancement opportunity. commission structure leaves much to be desired
Good culture
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Do not expect to make a lot of money in sales. It is a very hard process and will take a long time to make any money.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Ugh.
Assignment Cooridnator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityNovember 13, 2013
This place is really great in theory. But when you dig in, you find a culture of sexism (boys club!) and favoritism. No way to grow, no way to transfer departments (believe me I tried!)
Pros
gym, lots of PTO
Cons
everything else
Promising but not quite what I expected
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2013
The company overall culture is great. Unfortunately, the manager that I had to work with was not. The company has a high turnover and the team I worked for is constantly frustrated with management. I would advise to anyone that wants to work for the marketing team to be aware that this team is a very complex cliquish group of people. I learned a lot there but I am glad that I do not have to deal with management. Good luck!
Pros
Tons of party time, very employee oriented in general, great benefits
Cons
Management has a hard time applying what they learn and preach. No much room for growth.
Excellent company to work for
Corporate Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2013
CHG is the best company I have worked for. They value thier employees and the culture of Putting People First not only applies in the company but what they do for the community. They hire people who they know will fit with the group and add to the growth and strength of the company
Pros
onsite gym

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHG Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6