CHG Healthcare Services Employee Reviews in United States

This job was some good with some bad.
Accounting Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 12, 2016
When I started the job my manager thought highly of me. I was able to use my knowledge of MS Access to help reduce AP job from a 4 day job into a job that only took a few hours and all the new data from the database could be loaded up directly in the main database. A new manager started and we did not work well with each other and I was let go.
Pros
I increased my knowledge of MS Access more at this job then any other of my jobs.
Great Culture and Great People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2016
CHG was one of the best places I have worked. They truly believe in their people and live by their CORE values. Management is a little separated from day to day but they continue to grow their people. They pride themselves on delivering feedback and taking personal interest in their people.
Pros
Culture and benefits
Cons
Political at times and a lot of meetings
Billing specialist
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTNovember 16, 2015
Great Company. Management needs to be worked on. they are under skilled too new. they need more training and better communication. the need to focus on the success for the employee and not take things personal'
tasks
Clerical (Former Employee) –  salt lake city, utahAugust 3, 2015
• Demonstrated Excel skills by performing data entry and tracking reports
• Monitored inventory and tracked budgets for numerous offices
• Answered phones for multi-lines transferring calls to the appropriate office
• Performed print, copy, lamination, and binding jobs for various departments
• Operated Hasler’s folding and postage metering machines to ensure large mailings were sent in the most effective and efficient manner
• Archived documents to store pertinent information for numerous offices and stored original documentation in a warehouse
Fun enviroment BUT
recruiter (Former Employee) –  ft lauderdale, floridaMay 1, 2015
I worked here for a year. In the beginning it was great. But you realize very quickly that the culture is very cliquish and management is two faced. Although management says its all about how if you work hard and do well, there are great advancement opportunities, thats not the case. The real way to advance is to be a relative of someone in management. Nepotism runs rampant here. The only way to hit their first year goal is to walk into a book of business from someone who got fired or quit. About 85 percent of new recruiters dont make it after 1 year. Base pay is small and doesnt reflect cost of living here in south Florida. Commissions are something left to be desired. Lots of favoritism here as well. If you were good friends with your dept manager, life was good. If not, its a difficult place to work as you are very micromanaged and constantly being threatened with termination for not hitting numbers. Overall, the atmosphere is casual but no real advancement opportunities and pay is not good compared to other recruiter agencies.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
Very Competitive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 22, 2015
It's a highly competitive market. There's a lot to earn if you are one of the few that do well but that is not the case for the majority. Turnover is high and there is a lot of pressure to hit lofty goals.
Chg is a great place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityDecember 2, 2014
I don't really understand the other reviews on here. Some of these people say it is a cutthroat business. They obviously have never worked in that type of environment before because it is not even close. This is a company that actually lives by its core values and truly cares about people. They don't just let go of people if they feel like it or if someone doesn't hit their numbers one week. They give people every opportunity to be successful. Just like any other company, there are teams that are better than others. There is a lot of room for advancement if YOU EARN it. It will not be handed to you. This is a phenomenal company and one of the best I worked at.
Pros
cares about their people, volunteer time off, good pto, on site health clinic, great culture.
Cons
pay
It's one of the best companies to work for in UTAH!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 26, 2014
If your going to be a recruiter, be careful very cut-throat business! They expect you to make about 60 - 80 calls a day and it can get brutal. Management is so so, depends which group your in and you don't get to choose. Burn out rate is pretty high in this industry, if you get stressed out easily this job is not for you! If you don't produce you will get fired within a reasonable time frame. And if your not doing well, they will micro manage.

I did everything they asked but luck wasn't on my side. People that work there are generally nice and the culture is fine. Bottom line is, can you get someone to move from one location to another for their new job? Keep in mind, people you are trying to relocate may have family and will they want to move to a so so location or rural area?
Pros
most people were nice.
Cons
too much pressure, micro manage, poor management, too many calls.
This was charity work
Client Developer (Former Employee) –  LDS ChurchOctober 29, 2014
I served a two year mission for my Church. This was all charity based work. Spanish speaking.
Pros
excellent personal development
Cons
no cons
Ranked on Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list five years running!
Marketing and Communication Specialist - Corporate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahAugust 28, 2014
Incredible leadership. A place were you can be yourself and develop your passions. CHG's core value of "Putting People First" is seen in every action and interaction. The people are smart, talented, supportive and fun! The hardest part of the job was there were not enough hours in the day to implement all the great engagement ideas. The best part -- being surrounded by amazing people.
Pros
leadership
Cons
lots of meetings
productive workplace
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 13, 2014
calling doctors all day 50+ required daily obc
would see if drs are avail to work
management is two faced here
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management
recruiter (Current Employee) –  fort lauderdale, FLMarch 10, 2014
This is a great place to work. There are pros and cons like every work place. Overall, great culture.
Pros
lunch time yoga, healthcare
Cons
no advancement opportunity. commission structure leaves much to be desired
Good culture
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Do not expect to make a lot of money in sales. It is a very hard process and will take a long time to make any money.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
Ugh.
Assignment Cooridnator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityNovember 13, 2013
This place is really great in theory. But when you dig in, you find a culture of sexism (boys club!) and favoritism. No way to grow, no way to transfer departments (believe me I tried!)
Pros
gym, lots of pto
Cons
everything else
Promising but not quite what I expected
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2013
The company overall culture is great. Unfortunately, the manager that I had to work with was not. The company has a high turnover and the team I worked for is constantly frustrated with management. I would advise to anyone that wants to work for the marketing team to be aware that this team is a very complex cliquish group of people. I learned a lot there but I am glad that I do not have to deal with management. Good luck!
Pros
tons of party time, very employee oriented in general, great benefits
Cons
management has a hard time applying what they learn and preach. no much room for growth.
Excellent company to work for
Corporate Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2013
CHG is the best company I have worked for. They value thier employees and the culture of Putting People First not only applies in the company but what they do for the community. They hire people who they know will fit with the group and add to the growth and strength of the company
Pros
onsite gym
Wonderful Company but..............
Hospital Credentials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 7, 2013
The company is # 3 of best companys to work for a reason. What ever you do do not work in the department I did.
benefits
Cons
managment
Disappointing place to work
Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahJanuary 8, 2013
When I first started with this company it was great. However, it should have been a clue that things would go downhill fast because all of the managers I interviewed with to get the job had all left the company by the time I started. I have actively started to look for a new opportunity. I would advise anyone looking to work here to be very leery about what they tell you and seriously do your research. I know they say you can't believe everything you read online but, I would not recommend them to anybody.
The Managment in my department were very hard to work with
Sr. Corporate Collector (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahDecember 28, 2012
The company as a whole is very pro-employee. How ever the department I worked in was very stressful, and promotions were one sided. If they liked you and you were loud and noticed, you were put on the fast track.
Some managers were great but there were a few in my department that made your day at work very difficult.
Pros
insurance benefits, employee parties, co-workers
Cons
management, stressful, one sided promotions and feed back
Great company
ACCOUNT MANAGER / CLIENT DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2012
I really enjoyed working with this company. They understood how to take care of their own.