CHI St. Joseph Health Employee Reviews

Its not a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 3, 2017
It was a learning experience not worth repeating. Lack of Diversity and serious issues with drug diversion. If you are a local you maybe okay but outsiders not welcome. HR horrible... Management horrible.... Leadership horrible.... Check them out on DEA.gov. The offer seems too good because they have serious problems.
Pros
Makes you stronger person
Cons
Leadership. Cliques, poor computer system, Not Magnet
Team based Outaptient and Inpatient therapy
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Navasota, TXMay 14, 2017
Providing therapy services to patients of all ages and diagnoses. Team based setting. Became knowledgeable with wound care and VAC placement. Enjoyed the pace of work and variety of patients.
Pros
wide variety of patients and skills learned
short staffed with no incentives
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 10, 2017
Continual turnover and low incentive to maintain quality experienced nurses. Direct management cares for employees. Pay increase comes in extremely low increments.
Pros
Director
Cons
Staffing
This company takes good care of their patients.
Lab Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 10, 2017
A lot of shifting going on right now. So many employees feel unsecure. But overall a great place to work. Best part of my job is helping others to achieve the healthcare needs.
Pros
Great set of employees
Cons
Many lay offs in the last year.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 6, 2017
I'm only a prn worker.the staff aren't very friendly I feel like staff are overworked & under paid! Telemetry is extremely understaffed which makes it difficult to do your job
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Management is incompetent
Staff (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 29, 2017
The job is slow-paced (if you are a person who needs more than just sitting around waiting for a person with flu-like symptoms to come along). There is no room for advancement. Management is awful and they have staff members they will cater to and others they wont. Staff members always call in sick and the ones who don't call in get punished by working harder. The work load is supposed to be for "urgent care" type visits only but you will soon find out when you work there that management will make you do occupational health work as well. If you don't play along with management you will soon be out the door. Management is unprofessional and likes to gossip about other employees. You will work 12 hour shifts but not always get a lunch break. I do not recommend working there at this time until management is replaced with someone more competent and professional.
Pros
They give you a paycheck.
Cons
Management, no lunches
St Joes
PHLEBOTOMIST/TRAINER FULL TIME (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 20, 2017
This was a fair place to work. Everyone was good and I learned alot.
I would recommend this place to work but you will work hard. They expect perfection which is only fair. I worked afternoons on a 7 on 7 off schedule. You never sat down during that time.
Poor place to work
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 11, 2017
Poor turn over rate, poor benefits, very low wages with little to no room in advancement unless your a nurse. Not too mention the lack of staffing. Overall, this is not a good company to work for
General Surgery Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 12, 2017
A typical day at work was very busy and could sometimes be chaotic. However I adapted to multitasking and I can honestly say I enjoyed the work. I loved being around patient's, the privilege of getting patient contact, and I enjoyed working with the physicians. The was a lack of management due to the manager having other obligations. The most difficult part of the job was there was a high turn over rate at the office, a lack of team work, and it was a very unwelcoming work environment.
This was not a good fit for me but many nurses have worked there for years
LVN (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 9, 2017
While this was not a good fit for me, I take full responsibility for that. I know many nurses who have worked at the facility for many years and are happy.
Pros
Cafeteria food is delicious, Support from peers
Cons
Floating
Was teminated by them along with an other in direct patient care.
Staff Nurse RN and Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDDecember 24, 2016
Different individuals are in the positions that I was familiar with when I was employed. Have chosen never to return to Nursing, but miss health care and the ability to help others. Twelve hour shifts are to long due to the fact they could turn out to be 16 hour shifts. Learned that in a college town, facilities can "eat their young". Hardest part of the job was pleasing everyone and putting myself and my family last. Used my Paid Time Off hours to fill in for low census days, so a true vacation of any length of time was an impossibility. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others, making a positive difference in their lives. The hardest part of the job was having to be two or more places at one time. .
Pros
Cons
Little control over some cares provided, supervision of those under me, and work hours.
Excellent learning environment
Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 20, 2016
I completed clinical rotations at this location and everyone on staff was very helpful. You could tell that they genuinely cared about your learning and wanted to increase your education.
it was ok
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 15, 2016
had been there a long time so I knew the job well. Loved working there. Typical day at work was very busy answering a multiline phone system, handling all types of personalities good and bad, working with security watching the cameras.
Pros
no one looking over your shoulder, workable hours
Cons
short breaks
A challenging and learning environment to work in
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 16, 2016
A typical work day varied due to the workload.
I learned what documentation is required by a physician to receive proper reimbursement.
Management was very supportive in our daily efforts.
Co-workers were very supportive and generous in sharing of information.
The hardest part of the job was commuting.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with staff and the flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Commute
Good department but improvements are needed
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 1, 2016
A typical day could be fast or slow. Work is my second home and just like any family problems arise. The hardest part of work is when the patient is given bad news. Taking care of the patients and making them smile is enjoyable. I do not know upper management nor do they know me.
Pros
I like taking care of the patients.
Cons
I feel they don't care. The CEO doesn't know me and I don't know him. The 11pm- 7a call.
Medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work. They train you on spot even if you do not have experience. It's hard to find good managers but when you find a good one it makes the working place so much fun.
Pros
Long breaks, educational classes
Cons
Working weekends, no raises
Helping people out
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  College station TxAugust 26, 2015
Checking in and out patients. Answering calls and making calls. scheduling patients faxes in and out going box.. loved my doctors and co worker I worked with
Cutting back on # of employees making harder to give patients the care that they deserve.
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 9, 2014
Too few employees to give good care to the patients.
Not able to leave floor for lunch breaks and not able to have 30 min. of uninterrupted time for lunch breaks.
Team work
PBX Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 31, 2014
I enjoyed working at St Joseph it was very high paced with a lot of incoming calls. I was able to learn a lot of medical terminology. Being in a small office my co workers, manager and I worked as a team.
Overall
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 20, 2014
It was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the staff and they helped me out a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI St. Joseph Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CHI St. Joseph Health Reviews by Location