CHI St. Luke’s Health Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Transplant Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2017
highs and lows , typical environment for the transplant world. Yet, very invigorating. Enjoyed very much helping patients and their families get through very difficult times.
Pros
working with patients and families
Cons
losing patients and families
Bad pay and management
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 7, 2017
You are overworked and severely underpaid in ultrasound dept within satellite clinics for CHI st. Lukes Baylor. If you are an echo and or vascular tech keep looking elsewhere.
Great culture with current uncertainty due to healthcare economy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
Its a special place. There are uncertainties due to changes in leadership. The culture is long rooted in its values and they care about employees by implementing programs to help employees find work life balance. Many opportunities and changes coming up to yet see.
Pros
Culture and Leadership Commitment
Cons
Organizational Changes
stressful
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
this is not a good place to work the let go hundreds of people because they were in debt
management shows favoritism to certain employees and also discuss personal information with of employees
Pros
pto
Cons
work schedule
Poor management
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Management does not see employees needs and desires for advancement,etc. Department is continuously understaffed and full time employees are required to work more than 40 hours per week.
Benefits
Cons
Understaffed
Worked for 17 years and new mgt comes in and is horrible
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2017
I used to really enjoy my job but new manager came in and pushed me out because her former assistant was laid off and she wanted her back. I was forced to leave and would of told upper management but they didn't care
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Productivity
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Supportive leadership
workplace culture
work life balance
flexibility of working from home
team work oriented
career growth
innovative thinking
caring working environment
Pros
free parking
Love working with my team
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2017
Great staff & friendly work environment. IT helpdesk support is very face paced. You will deal directly with physicians, nurses, admin and all other healthcare workers as end users.
Very rewarding place to work. Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXJuly 28, 2017
I loved my job at CHI St. Lukes. Great company that cares for their employees. Worked with an awesome group of people.
I am considering returning to work PRN.
I would highly recommend CHI to everyone.
Pros
Training in various areas. Great flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Not enough breaks. Only a short lunch break.
RN experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 26, 2017
Worked as patient care assistant at St. Luke's University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA. Although employees and management were highly encouraging and helpful, the staffing was often inadequate.
Work Elsewhere
BUSINESS ANALYST - QUALITY (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
Not a good company. Going out of business. They don't have enough nurses, and the only that are there are increasingly taxed and unsupported. Simple fixes are needed but unfunded.
Awful
Sr. Procurement Buyer (OR) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
CHI St. Luke's is a poor place to work. CHI is about to lose this facility because they weren't equipped to take on such responsibility and they have run it into the ground. :)
St Luke's was great, CHI stinks
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2017
first, all water coolers were removed and we were told we had to fill up pitchers in the sink for staff and patients

All physical therapy supplies to be ordered now have to be approved by an officer/supervisor, nurse (not sure what her exact title is but she is inept). We are limited to one roll of Theraband a month

useless meetings

productivity bumped up. The patient load was a good mix of sports, work injury, industrial medicine. Now its more like a SNF OP. We lost several great referring physicians
Pros
good staff that will probably leave soon
Cons
typical corporation buyout
What can I say
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 12, 2017
What can I say about my experience at CHI Brazosport, People dont quit jobs they quit managers and management. In the short time that CHI has taken over the only good thing to have come from it was the minimal pay raise. They have brought and added more stress to the work place than ever before. Calling off full time employees to meet their supposed numbers to maximize their profits. I Love the team and crew I work with but the atmosphere CHI has brought is at best compared to acid rain on moral.
Pros
My awesome crew that I have the priviliege to work with and learn from
Cons
Management, mangers, strictly profit driven care
Somewhat productive.
Desktop Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
Many legacy applications made it slow to upgrade software applications. Management made decisions without considering how operation would be affected. Many good people got laid-off because of poor planning and company getting over extended. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with many professional and capable people.
Healthcare
Manager, Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
Good place to work to advance you healthcare experience.

Recruited by VP, Operations and Services to launch an aggressive reorganization of department operations to achieve new objectives and increase productivity. Provided leadership and administrative oversight for a team of Telecommunications Specialists who resolved customer service issues.
Pros
Prestigeous company
Cons
24/7 Work week
Daily environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
A typical work day consists of monitoring patients vital signs. During the day I continue to make sure that patients are in the most safe and secure environment. I also help the nursing staff with administering medications and collecting specimens.
The most enjoyable part of the workday is seeing that a patient's condition has improved and that that can leave the facility in better condition that that came.
The hardest part of the job is dealing wit irate family members of patients. It does not happen everyday but when it does it can be very frustrating and makes the work environment very tense.
Overall the job is great and the management is excellent.
overall an ok place to work.
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
I function as a Surgical assistant where i help retract, suture and basically just assist my surgeon with everything he/she needs. I also function as a scrub tech when we need one.
Get out while you can!
RN (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXMay 17, 2017
Horrible place to work! I quit without even having a job lined up, it was so bad. Managers tell bold face lies, and hire people they know with fake degrees. ED
Pros
Clean facility, pay was good
Cons
Everything else, from supervisors to mid level mgmt
Project Coordinator, IPA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
Overall a great place to work. It is unfortunate that when another company buys you out, that they lose sight of why so many of us stayed. Great employees! Management different story.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI St. Luke’s Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5