CHI St. Luke’s Health

CHI St. Luke’s Health Employee Reviews

Loved working here overall
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 28, 2016
Working here was great and I loved it. Coworkers were great we were like a small family, and the benefits were pretty great too. The only problem was the location was slow from time to time so being able to get an environment that afforded experience with speed and execution wasn't always there. Some of the veteran techs were a bit lazy but besides that everyone there was still great to work with. Management style was open door policy and friendly.
Pros
Benefits, job culture
Cons
slow days, job security due to patient volume
Dissapointed
Clinical Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
Whether it's due to employee's are just burned out or something has affected the moral of some employees which of course brings everyone else down. Therefore employee's do not take pride in their occupations.
Pros
Some nice employees
Cons
Employess that take no pride in their jobs
Lot of changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2016
Heading in the right direction however a lot of turmoil in leadership and no clear vision that staff can get behind. Nursing shortage.
Pros
Sacred Vocations, chaplains program
Cons
No insurance for 60 days if you start the first of the month, will not pay for contraceptives, no illness bank so if you have surgery you loose money
Management,Policy, Procedure, Systems, Team work, Moving Around
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
Management telling you " I don't know your job" As far as I was concern I thought the manager on 9 Tower was telling me I can';t manage your position. Then months later in a meeting with another supervisor, "I didn't tell you that". Last minute training, micromanagement, trouble with here say, pay doesn't compensate with the cost of living, policy and procedures given to you last minute after you get a write-up. You tell management whats wrong with system and get hounded about the system after it had been sent to the managers attention that sometimes and somethings don't work. If you have problems with management, your not able to move to another Tower unless you been working for 6 months without a write-up. SUCKS!!!! I learned that if I come across a situation like this at another job to get out as soon as possible.
Pros
10 Tower and 11 Tower people are cool
Cons
9 Tower, take a visit on a surprising day :(
a wonderfull orginazation loved working for CHI st. Lukes
nursing coverage and clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2016
started my day sometimes at 6:45am- 3:15pm or some times at 12:45pm-11:15pm or 3:45pm-11pm loved my job enjoyed working with my coworkers the management was great and my job was time &coverage clerk what we would do is call every unit ask how many patient they had and staffed them with the amount of patient they had then if we were short of nurses and PCA and secretary we would call them at home and see if they wanted work overtime for the unit or sometime the unit had a suicidal patient and they needed a sitter so we had to find them a sitter over all I loved doing my job
Save yourself. Don't come to work here.
n/a (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
This company will drain the life out of you with its poor leadership and deceptive practices. Nothing here is thought out. If you care about your work or your patients this is not the place for you.
The hardest part of the job is leaving things you know need your attention undone because leadership doesn't understand how it effects patients or the company's bottom line.
Pros
I get a paycheck.
Cons
Poor, misinformed leadership.
great nurses!
Registered Nurse- Flex RN II (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 28, 2016
I work with amazing nurses and have a wonderful team! The only reason I am looking for another job is for additional hours.
Terrible place to work
Secretary/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJNovember 7, 2015
Management and management from Network work together to cover the toxic work environment. Even go to extremes and tell staff at meeting that they will not do anything about the complaints and will side with the manager. Very frustrating place to work.
Pros
Health Benefits - low deductible
Cons
low pay, favoritism, Network
Toxic Work Environment created and encouraged by Management
Admin and Support Services Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Employees are overworked and subjected to mistreatment. Some employees are openly racist towards people with immigrant background and they suffer no consequence. Management works by intimidating employees. There has been lot of turnover since the buyout. But management does not care. This is a sharp contrast from the fun work place this company used to be.
Cons
Lack of Job security and advancement. Skills and Experience and not valued.
poor work environment and no strong leadership
corporate human resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2015
High turn over due to lack of strong leadership/accountability. Not respected for my expertise and experience. Definitely a "good Ole boy" way of promoting employees. Benefits are ridiculously expensive for family with mediocre pay.
PCA - Allentown - East 4
PCA (Former Employee) –  allentown PASeptember 18, 2015
HORRIBLE place to work for

Lots of favoritism , backstabbing , lying management
They ask you to sign up for overtime and cut your hours by the end of the week
Very unethical supervisor , treat patients very unkind
Poor training and they abuse you since you can't take your breaks

Horrible horrible
The company has changed a lot in the last 2 years
Sr. System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2015
I love my co-workers.
The work environment is a little stifling.
We have recently been told we can work from home two days per week which is a nice perk.
Management in some departments seem to not trust their employees as much as other departments.
Pros
We get to work from home twice per week.
Cons
Micro-management
Productive and fun place to work
Non-Government Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Management is very friendly,Very friendly environment. The parking is terrible,but overall I enjoy the staff..

I enjoy Park n Ride it drops you off about 4 blocks from the building.
Pros
Park n Ride
Cons
Parking
High energy environment.
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I enjoyed working there. The co-workers that I'm leaving, many of them were really close to me. I worked there a long time, so many memories of my life.
Pros
Being able to truly make a difference in patients lives.
Cons
Not always able to have a lunch.
Great Hospital
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
I enjoy going to work everyday. The management listens to you and cares about you as an employee. I am happy to work for a place that I would go to myself if I needed medical care. The pay and benefits are competitive to other hospitals in the Medical Center.
The CEC's are just a dream place to work. Great working environment. Awesome Manager!
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 28, 2015
Great place to work!
The staff are amazing.
The doctors, just exceptional and gives the best care to their patient's.
The nurses are very experienced and truly cares for their patients and their families.
The fastest E.R. care I've ever seen.
Gives their patient the best quality care and truly makes them feel like they are family.
terrible!!!!!!!!!!
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  BethlehemApril 1, 2015
Was hired for a job here. Signed paper work and everything. Even took my picture for my badge. Didn't even get to start because they claimed that I was cursing in the office where I had to get my tb shot done. It was a complete lie. I had witnesses to back me up but they refused to even investigate. A complete waste of my time and my money. Never again. I don't reccomend this hospital to anyone. Not even as a patient. They're very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
everything is
Fun place to work with
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Enjoyed my co-workers, good hospital to begin my career and get some experience. Not too big or too small. Wish I could have got a little more experience.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Not enough experience
Productive work culture environment
Windows Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2015
Enjoyed the working in the CHI St. Luke's Health hospitals. I was in a project with CHI and need to travel all the hospitals locations in and around Houston. Co-workers and IT staffs are very cooperative.
Hospital wide changes
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
More career growth opportunities within the hospital would be a great start. I like the organization as entity. As the hospital changes occur their is less staff to meet the demand of the patients.
Pros
wellness bonus
Cons
short breaks, understaffed, company culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI St. Luke’s Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9