Chicago Bridge & Iron

Chicago Bridge & Iron Employer Reviews

Overall, a good company
Human Resources Shared Services Representative 2 (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: interoffice communications
CB&I purchased The Shaw Group in 2013 and has been transitioning the administrative staff into its corporate structure. My current position is being eliminated as part of this transition.
Fun workplace
Boilermaker/Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Deer Park, txJuly 17, 2014
easy work, management sucked but really that was it. Its basically a retirement home
Am an Estimator in the Civil/Structural Steel/Architecture Dept
Civil Discipline Cost Estimator - Level II (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: work in team environment
Cons: bearacracy
Serve as estimator for civil, structural steel & architectural (Buildings) areas for new and brownfield LNG and various types of Petro-Chem Plants. Work on projects nationally and internationally. Also maintain cost data bases for these projects. Projects range from $500,000 to
$12 Billion.
horrible environment to work in
Sourcing Analyst 4 - Lead Source Inspector (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: leaving the company
Cons: to many to list
This is a company that does not care about their employees, focused on profit only. The beatings will continue until the moral improves.
Productive and educational
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: great pay, great hours and great people
Cons: unstable industry
Always a new challenge, great co-workers and a wonderful company to work for. Everyone was always willing to chip in and give advise.
CB&I
Mechanical Supervisor (Current Employee), Covert, MIJune 15, 2014
Great place to work. Good hours. Good compensation. Good leaders.
Flexible
Structure Welder (Current Employee), Nederland, TXJune 3, 2014
Excellent place to learn. Competitive pay/per diem and benefits.
Good company
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 1, 2014
Pros: good people, good pay, good safety awareness, good work ethic.
Cons: specific to this location: management is ok, could be better. long hours, but it pays off.
Good company to work with, depending on the location.
You will learn a lot on the job and gain good experiance especially if you ask questions.
Immediate management is good, they try to work with the employees and needs. Upper management could use a little work.
Hardest part of the job is the lack of job security when on contract.
Most enjoyable is – more... the people you meet and get to work with (most of them). – less
One of Best engineering companys in world
Project Controls Scheduler (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2014
Pros: people, technology, pay
Cons: hours, work enviornment in an industrial facilty
Great company, great people, great pay. Unfortunatly to unforeseen family circumstances I had to move on
No vision, No drive, No Incentives
Engineer (Current Employee), Canton, MAMay 12, 2014
Country club type of enviroment. No incentive to exceed expectations, everyone gets the same raise. Rewards poor performing employees the same as high achievers. No training. Lots of old people, doing it the way they always have. No future planning no leaders. Boring a great place to retire and do little.
a good place to work
Warehouse Experditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: nothing
a good place to work learned alot about the warehpuse supervisor was a very nice person to work for and would work for him again
Disfunctional
Corrective Action Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 13, 2014
Lake Charles facility is not capable of successfully fabricating quality nuclear components for commercial nuclear power plants after several years of mismanagement. Regulator previously identified a chilled work environment.
Very safety oriented.
IronWorker/ Saw Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2014
Employees start shift off by feeling out JSA's and 5x5's to identify hazards and correct them before going to work.
Productive and very safety oriented
QA/QC Lead Welding Inspector (Current Employee), Beaumont TXFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great group of guys
Cons: no benefits or incentives
Great co-workers around I have worked with most of theses guys for years.Great safety team.No benefits or incentives for employees and low work hours.Most enjoyable part of job is just getting to come here and meet the guys that have become more like a family.Hardest part is descisions that management makes sometimes.Typical day at work involves lots – more... of dimensional and weld inspections.I have learned more about fabrication and welding here than anywhere.I have recieve certifications and safety training for many things. – less
Good Work Environment, but non-competitive wages
Subcontract Coordinator (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 22, 2013
Pros: work environment/culture
Cons: wages aren't market value
Culture/work environment at CB'&I is great, most people are friendly, and at times seems to reflect a small business mindset.

I've learned many things at CB&I because the company is very encouraging in regards to development and skill building in a wide variety of departments.

The only draw back to working at CB&I is the non-competitive monetary wages. – more... It is well known within the company that similar positions at other companies aren't of equivalent value. – less
Diverse opportunities with solid employment
Mechanical Field Engineer (Current Employee), Waynesboro, GANovember 19, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: weekend coverage
My position here consisted of an equal balance of desk and field activities. My management and coworkers were very personable, and the company has a high emphasis on safety. The opportunity for overtime and a good 401k are solid pluses for this company.
Productive & safe
Pipefitter Helper (Current Employee), Texas City, TXOctober 28, 2013
I like working for this company. Company supports employees going to school.
good place to work
welder fitter (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: 1week vacation and benefits
Cons: no scheduled breaks
Good company shift work isint far everbody good benefits and longevity work contracts.
Work Control Supt.
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: single source for information gathering and accountability of all disciplines.
Cons: indequate time to plan and prepare.
Model used for Nuclear Maintenance Outages required a lead in the War Room to control overall direction for the outage. I was required to manage all activities while working closely with all team leads and disciplines.
Productive, very enjoyable, caring, & safety orriented
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2013
Pros: opportunity, healthcare, pay, everything about this co. is great!
Cons: i found no cons.
I really can not find any bad things to say about CB&I, they were the best company I feel I have ever worked for. Pay was great, the people were great to work with, and the opportunity was always there if you were hungry enough.

1 2 3