Chicago Cares Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I love tutoring and refurbishing schools to enhance kids learning experience
Volunteer Primary Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2015
Always place yourself the position of the person you are leading. Be compassionate, everyone’s time is precious. With that being said, volunteer your skills unselfishly. The reward is serving the best interest of our neighbors. Inspire everyone around you no matter how bad you feel. Sooner or later someone will cheer you on and make your day.
Pros
Helping ours to reach their potential
Cons
Great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2014
• Worked with a team of volunteers to rehabilitate and improve conditions for a South Side school for the upcoming year.
Great way to give back to the community
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2014
I think this is a great organization that enables residents to participate in activities that help a local cause.
incredible work through corporate voluneering
Volunteer (Tutor, Teacher's Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2013
One thing I am very passionate about is giving back. Working for Chicago Cares gave me that ability; being able to beautify public schools in the Chicago area and lead different corporate volunteering project was the perfect way for me to give back. Every week we would take on another project painting classroom walls, making planter's boxes, and painting murals. Through this we were able to get others engaged in volunteering. Through this experience I learned it's not always the big things that impact someone's life, sometimes its just making an effort that makes the difference.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2012
Good volunteer experience working with all types of new people. Young and old will enjoy working with this company.
cutting down trees in the forest and preparing foods for people with diseases
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2012
i learned that help the community and helping other people can really be a good thing to do.
my co-workers were very friendly even though they were way older than me, it was still a very good way to learn how to work with others of different ages.
the hardest part of the job was learning how to use the tools they gave me to cut down the trees and to learn where all the food was located when trying to prepare it and give it to the customers.
the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and nature and about people i don't know and taking pictures with other co-workers for that short amount of time i was working there.
Pros
meeting new people from different ages
Cons
short breaks
Bobl
Serve-a-thon Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2012
This was a great experince the people were lovely, I learned alot about a non profit company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chicago Cares. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3