Chicago Cubs Employee Reviews in United States

World Class work place
Security Services / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2016
Working for the Cubs is not only a place to make money, but to make friends for life that become family. It is not uncommon to find people that have been there for over 10 years. Almost half the staff have been.
Pros
Free baseball!
Cons
Constant management changes
Productive and caring staff
Baseball Coach/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2016
Would love to stay but need higher income and also no room for advancement. The work atmosphere was great. Over all I did enjoy working for the organization.
It was a wonderful company
Parking and Transportation Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2015
The Chicago Cubs were a wonderful company to work for because they always took care of the employees and there was always opportunities to advance within the company.
Hardest part of job.
Player Development / Minor League Video (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2015
This is a job that required full attention. You travel to 140 plus game in addition to Spring Training. It can be tiring, but extremely rewarding.
Productive and fun
Head Baseball Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2015
Great three years of work, Management knew how to handle everyone's schedules and work around certain areas. Co workers all enjoyed work and being around the ballpark
Fun place to work with baseball included
manager/proshop (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 11, 2015
Had many good qualities in a job work as a team and individually. Where left to supervise and was micro-managed. Had time to manage and get work done and time to train the team. you had to work hard but had time to enjoy the job
Pros
very baseball oriented
Cons
all was busy
Under paid/ poor management
Parking and Transportation Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
We were underpaid. There was very poor management mostly did not listen to any of our suggestions. They mostly care about themselves. Sure it was cool seeing Wrigley Field everyday but they hired a new girl that did not read the handbook. Also, they did not turn on their walkies up loud and that is a safety hazard since i was in Parking and Transportation Ambassador. Irving Park parking lot poor lot loud trains and next to cemetery. Wish could have seen the live games inside Wrigley Field. Do not work there at night cause it is located in a very tough neighborhood cause of night games.
Pros
Beautiful ballpark
Cons
Poor Management, Under paid and unorganized
Poor organizational skills
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2015
The management team often ignored my scheduling requests and would schedule me on days that I was unavailable to work.
My co workers loved there jobs and were passionate, but the compensation was not enough to live off of.
Ugh. Soulless
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
They sure did like hiring hot girls. HR is a mess, they only want slaves and they turn them over each year. New ownership encourages a faceless, corporate environment.
Pros
beautiful workplace.
Cons
had to watch some billionaire frat boys slowly destroy an american landmark.
good info
cleaning crew, ticket sales, ground crew, security (Former Employee) –  chicagoDecember 18, 2014
I've watched the cubs since my child hood days it will be quite an experience to work for the Chicago Cubs
Great Compnay
Corporate Sales and Internet Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Handled group outing responsibilities. Lead all intern (8 total) in total sales.
Fun environment and Lively People
Crowd Managamnet (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2013
A day at Wrigley started pretty slowly being there a couple hours before a game but I did learn how to approach patrons there with that being my first job. Management started off the mornings with where we were positioned as we clocked in. The hardest part of the job were those patrons who were stumbling and instigating other patrons into confrontations, but the most enjoyable part was opportunity to stand near the field after games.
Pros
upbeat people, sports center, flexibility
Cons
belligerent patrons, rain delays
Great started job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2013
We typical went to meetings for the first part of work, u learn the do's and don'ts of customer service. Your supervisor gives u advise on how the particular day would go. After the meeting you find out how many and which co workers you will work with, which is always good because of the different personalities people have. The hardest part working for the company is the standing on your feet, but the best part is interacting with the public.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
short break
Great work
Crowd Control (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2012
Chicago Cubs overnight security ball park patroling ballpark and other building on site.
Making sure ball park is open for early deliveries. How valuable my resposonibles are and how management depends on me. The hardest is sleeping doing the day light hours and the most enjoyable is talking to the first time visitors.
Great place to work. People are always friendlu and outgoing
Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2012
I have been here for a 2 month contract and I felt I was part of the Chicago Cubs family. Great place to work
Pros
free lunches on game days
Fun at the old ballpark
Ticket seller (Former Employee) –  Wrigley Field, ChicagoNovember 28, 2011
When you love what you do it doesn't feel like work. The Chicago Cubs organization is like a family and made me feel welcome from day one. Good place to hone my customer service and sales skills.
Pros
steady work, get to be in the middle of the action, able to get tickets for my family and friends
Cons
rain delays and cancellations, rude customers, expensive tickets

4.2