Chicago Park District

Chicago Park District Employer Reviews

Love Kids
Recreational Leader (Former Employee), Cicero, ILFebruary 12, 2015
• Encourage safe and positive behavior to children
• Helped to facilitate indoor and outdoor play
• Monitor children’s play activities to verify safety and wellness
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of work environment
Fun and very productive
Junior Laborer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
This Particular job at the park was a breeze. I was a Windy City Hoops Recreational leader. There were minimal hours given but the job was fun. I refereed basketball games and assisted in helping young teens have a great afternoon of fun sports.
Park
Physical Instructor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: salary
A great place to work. Great way to get involved in your community. Take advantage of the play/learn culture of the park. This is where we will learn to live in peace with one another
Fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Maintaining safety in and around pool at all times. Teaching swim lessons, coaching swim team and working with public. Very well run organization
Fun work place
Seasonal Laborer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: helping to make our communities better
I've learned how to operate various equipment, meeting great new co-workers but the most enjoyable part of the job is beautifying the parks, beaches and playgrounds in our communities.
Enjoy interacting with Public
Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: no health insurance
Typical day starts with maintaining recreational grounds and checking on the safety of the facilities of the park. I check with supervisor to see if there are special events.
Great experience
Recreation Leader (Former Employee), Chicago , IL.January 12, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Although this was a summer position, I worked for this company for six consecutive summers. The management was great. I really enjoyed getting going to work. I have worked with all age groups of childern. We gone on many field trips. I was activity facilatator, as well as role model for these children.
Fun workplace
Recreation Leader (Seasonal, Full-time) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Great company to work for. Working with youth makes it a great environment.
day campers come to swimm
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free concerts in the park
enjoy working with the kids on the summer and teaching them how to swim the hardest thing is leaving them when the summer ended
Productive and Exciting Environment
Camp Counselor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2014
From 9 am - 3 pm, I was paid to have fun, essentially. This job was the most fulfilling in which I was able to do what I love, which is work with kids. From activities to field trips and swimming at the beach, I was able to facilitate activities that kept the children engaged throughout the day. I had amazing co-workers and there was never any hostility within the work place. My only complaint would be the heat, otherwise, I am grateful to have a job such as this to go to every summer.
Fantastic Experience
Master Electrician/ Lighting Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2014
Such a well run organization. Starting form the top, things are on time and processed easily. A gem of a company.
A exciting fun filled day with children and basketballs!
Recreational Leader (Current Employee), ChicagoDecember 5, 2014
On a typical day when the children come in from school and first do their homework. Afterwards we might go in the gym to play a game, (ex...LO games, Basketball, Floor Hockey, Football), or go into our games room where we have stationary basketball games, a WII gaming system, and other games like ping pong. My co-workers are amazing. We work as one big family at my location. The most enjoyable part of my day is going in the gym and interacting in the different games with the children.
full of summer fun
Youth Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2014
it was very engaging an fun. working with the youth is very fulfilling. my co workers made work fun. the hardest part was working in heat. the most enjoyable was everyday i went there, managment was great for the most part. i learned the influence i have on the youth is amazing.
Chicago Park District
Park Security Guard (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
Pros: career advancements
Cons: none given.
The CParkD has many job and career opportunities for its leisure and recreational culture.
See attached resume.
productive and fun work place
Activity Instructor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
a typical day at work is fun.i learned how to run a basketball game the right way.the hardest part of the job was getting everything put together
Recreational Leader
Recreational Leader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2014
Worked with kids from the age of 13 to 17. Assist in activities for the kids, Organize leadership in helping the kids with learning new games and actives. Worked one on one with Human Resources on a day to day to let them know the progress the kids were having for the day. Worked with the training program to develop new programs for the kids. Also went on all field trips to help with supervision.
fun and productive
Recreational leader, early childhood development (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2014
working with children, doing excerise, playing activities.
Wonderful Organization to Work For!
Wilderness Camp Counselor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
Pros: fulfilling
Cons: long hours
I absolutely loved working for the Park District. It was the best job I've ever had, and I definitely plan on being back!
Productive and fun place with Kids
Sports 37 (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2014
Pros: free luches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be me doing my everyday routine, gathering the children..proceede to teach them a new game everyday..Through this job ive learned you have to really have patients and always a positive attitude at all times.I never got in a conflict with none of my co-workers they really enjoyed working with me as much as i enjoyed working with them..we was a united team.Although the hardest part was trying to maintain three year olds because they are so little they sometimes was hard to control because they was so use to just running and playing all day.One of the most parts i enjoyed the most was seeing the kids actually have fun with the games that i thought..How they reacted.
Friendly, fun, professional workplace
Activities Instructor Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2014
Working for this company for the past ten years, I have been trained in many areas to enhance and broaden my work skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chicago Park District

The Chicago Park District owns and operates more than 8,100 acres of parkland that includes 580 parks, 26 miles of lakefront, – Read more

Chicago Park District Photos