Chicago Public Schools

Chicago Public Schools Employer Reviews

Self employed organization
FACILITY MANAGER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
Great small appraisal firm that focused on providing property evaluation services throughout the city of chicago. Company provided a number of jobs for at least 6 individuals.
Pushing Student Achievement
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work includes intensive instructional learning to push student achievement. The hardest part of the job is the amount of hours it takes to making sure your students are reaching the height of their potential. The most enjoyable part are the relationships fostered among staff and students.
Good work experience
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 21, 2015
This facility taught me that I can thrive in any work enivornment if I create a system for myself. Once you have a system every task that you set for yourself can be completed to the best of your abilities.
Large district with many differnet needs
Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2015
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: very large disorganized
CPS is a large district that spans many different neighborhoods. This hinders the variety of neighborhoods from getting what they need. For example students in neighborhoods with high crime need more social workers. Salary is good and benefits are great.
fun place
Custodian (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2015
great place to work if you love kids and want to see them succeed in life wonderful environment but have to love kids and teach as well
Stressful atmosphere for overcrowded classes.
Educator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: over crowded classrooms.
Staff had to work in overcrowded classroms, students were stressed. I enjoyed ard teaching. If the class arrangments were better it would have been less stress on everyone.
CPS / Transportaton Dept./ Bus Aide
Bus Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: everythng positive
I monitored special needs children and assured their safety on and off the school bus, during the commute to and from school. Through out the course of my employment here at CPS I learned the level of importance of the safety of children. My department value and always put kids lives first, under all circumstances. There wasn't really a hard part about this job. The hard part is flexibility. I'm a student so the set hours made it hard. Besides i was only getting four hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the kids! The kids made my job fun.
Fun work environment
Garden Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2015
I enjoy coming to work here everyday. I like that it is a great place to work for up and coming young professionals. Love it!
Devotion to Students
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2015
Great Work Enviroment. Just do not get caught up in the polotics of the job. Keeping your focus on the educational goals is key.
Learning experience
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2015
Pros: support system, union, hours, time off
Cons: politics, gossip
There are pros and cons working for CPS. However you learn in good and bad circumstances. Supervisors are available easily and respond within a reasonable time. Teachers and staff come together to put on performances for the children.
Perfect for Teachers to advance
Technology Coordinator III (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2015
Its an great company to work for especially for teachers.If you are part of the support staff job security may not be the best. Please make sure you thoroughly ask about your role before accepting the job !!!
enjoyed this job
Customer Service Rep (Employee Benefits) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2015
I enjoyed working for CPS, the days and hours were great and the location but it was temporary. I worked in the benefits department helping employees with getting ins started
Workplace Culture
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: preparation periods
Cons: time to collaborate
Chicago Public Schools is rich with various cultures. Teachers learn about how people from different parts of the world live. Students learn how to appreciate differences.

It is an extremely enjoyable profession if you are good at what you do. The students are interesting and enjoyable to teach.
great place to work
Professional Development Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great summer opportunities
Cons: none that were observable
This is great place if you love to work within an urban setting and supports the teachers with great union representatives.
Great people
Application Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
I was pleasantly surprised that the staff encourages personal development and believes in each of its employees. I have had a great experience.
good
Teacher, English (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2015
It was a great place to work. Overall great experience this summer. Faculty is very responsive to each other and the general staff and the kids were an absolute pleasure.
a good place to work
Lunchroom Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Assisted students entering, exiting and while on school bus. Maintained disciplined on the school buses and referred misbehaving students to the principal for disciplinary action and completed routing list and related transportation forms for the purpose of communicating sequence of bus stops. I also performed office duties as directed by principal
cps
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: more vacation
Cons: more politics
Expericence at CPS was not bad.I enjoyed meeting all kinds of people. I enjoyed specially working with high school students.
I worked as a Substitute Teacher for Chicago Public Schools.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: being able to work at different grade levels.
Cons: what was challenging was resolving conflict.
A typical day would be reporting to a school principal and getting instructions on what classes I would be required to fill in for.
Job security is poor
Physical Education teacher, BEST HS (Former Employee), ChicagoJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: risks, job security
Job security is poor. Many school closings.
It is a good job. People are good, students are good but with recent school closings I need to explore other avenues.
The company, CPS, is a good company in some areas. The area I've been employed in is more risky because of the high risk area I've been working in.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chicago Public Schools

The Chicago Public Schools is the nation's third-largest school district and the second-largest employer in Illinois, with more – Read more

Chicago Public Schools Photos