Chicago Public Schools

Chicago Public Schools United States Employee Reviews

Great Work place
Custodian (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 27, 2015
Great teachers, aids, and Helpers I had fun the time that I was employed. The community was great and the students respected the staff and the school
Exciting and a great learning environment
Youth Leader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 26, 2015
I learned how to create an inviting environment for new students and how to be a leader in stressful situations. My boss was extremely nice and helpful through the job process.
Productive, Fun, Appreciative
Clerical (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: My own days and hours
Cons: Not enough work, temporary
Phones, working close with other Administrators
Importance of Early Childhood
Great and Appreciative
Fun and easy going
Heavy lifting before elevators
Enrolling new and returning students
Productive work place
School Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
not everyday in the educational world is the same
enjoyed helping parents and students
Under the general direction of the school principal, performs any of several specialized clerical functions in a large public school facility, or performs a variety of responsible clerical functions in a small public school facility; and performs related duties as required.
Productive Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
I follow the English Department's schedule. Daily I am apart of Co-Taught instructional classes where I supervise/observe/teach and am responsible for a caseload of student with learning disabilities to successfully pass high school courses. The most enjoyable part of my day is the interaction with the students and exposing them to highly prepared learning environments and tasks. When I am not in the classroom I am assisting the Case Manger with office related tasks and legal documents that go along with the compliance of individualized Education Programs per student.
education
Guidance Counselor Assistant (Current Employee), miles davis magnetApril 15, 2015
Provides direct support service to individual students, small groups, and classrooms,Provide direct service to students in the classroom
very nice place
building engineer class 1 (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 13, 2015
Pros: vacation days and days off
Cons: layoffs
once you find your rhythm its all down hill, great people i have worked with. would like to have retired from CPS.
found a great family there
An adventure everyday
Assistant Principal (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
No day is the same for me at Chicago Public School. My typical day involves communicating with students, parents, faculty and staff. I've learned to build teams and meet people where they are no matter the title.
Engaging work day educating young minds
Teacher- Wacker Elementary (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 3, 2015
Pros: Resources
Cons: Length of my classes
I work with 3 to 5 year old children. The children learn social skills and emotional self-control in "real time." They learn through their experiences and I find "teachable moments" when I can help the student learn to manage frustrations or anger. I have learned how to let children work out their own problems and when to intervene.

my classroom environment is structured. I use a curriculum that engages the young mind through many hands-on activities that enhance their learning preparing them for the next grade level and beyond.

I have one assistant who I work with daily. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of my day is watching and listening to the skills the children have learnt.
Challanging work environment
Area Facility Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2015
Every day was a new adventure. it was exciting the be constantly from many different sources=contractor,supervisors,principals and parents.
When you serve one another your best
Lunch Room Manager (Current Employee), 5250 S. RockwellMarch 27, 2015
It is important to be professional on the job because other people are watching you. We as a human race lean from each other. My day are busy and productive teaching, showing and leaning.

When dealing with staff it can be a task to say the less,this is why we have meetting , training classes,rules,and prcedure. If you train your staff you will always provent problem from happening some of the time. The harded part of management when you are short handed, call off,and private problem but thing happen. When you see the kid eat an enjoying the food,then it is all worth it.
Self employed organization
FACILITY MANAGER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
Great small appraisal firm that focused on providing property evaluation services throughout the city of chicago. Company provided a number of jobs for at least 6 individuals.
Pushing Student Achievement
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work includes intensive instructional learning to push student achievement. The hardest part of the job is the amount of hours it takes to making sure your students are reaching the height of their potential. The most enjoyable part are the relationships fostered among staff and students.
Good work experience
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 21, 2015
This facility taught me that I can thrive in any work enivornment if I create a system for myself. Once you have a system every task that you set for yourself can be completed to the best of your abilities.
Large district with many differnet needs
Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2015
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: very large disorganized
CPS is a large district that spans many different neighborhoods. This hinders the variety of neighborhoods from getting what they need. For example students in neighborhoods with high crime need more social workers. Salary is good and benefits are great.
fun place
Custodian (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2015
great place to work if you love kids and want to see them succeed in life wonderful environment but have to love kids and teach as well
productive work place where we as employees work as a team to ensure the educational benifits of the children.
Head Teacher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2015
Pros: parents always bought us lunch
Cons: when my child is sick and the school calls the job, it is imparitive that i talk to the school administrative.
Reading books, doing circle time with the class, implementing shapes, numbers, alphabets and colors into daily lesson plans. keeping in contact with the parent(s) to ensure that the child is learning and make sure there are not any concerns the parent want to maybe address. Making lesson plans. Taking attendance. Potty training.
Stressful atmosphere for overcrowded classes.
Educator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: over crowded classrooms.
Staff had to work in overcrowded classroms, students were stressed. I enjoyed ard teaching. If the class arrangments were better it would have been less stress on everyone.
CPS / Transportaton Dept./ Bus Aide
Bus Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: everythng positive
I monitored special needs children and assured their safety on and off the school bus, during the commute to and from school. Through out the course of my employment here at CPS I learned the level of importance of the safety of children. My department value and always put kids lives first, under all circumstances. There wasn't really a hard part about this job. The hard part is flexibility. I'm a student so the set hours made it hard. Besides i was only getting four hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the kids! The kids made my job fun.
Fun work environment
Garden Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2015
I enjoy coming to work here everyday. I like that it is a great place to work for up and coming young professionals. Love it!

1 2 3 4 5

About Chicago Public Schools

The Chicago Public Schools is the nation's third-largest school district and the second-largest employer in Illinois, with more – Read more

Chicago Public Schools Salaries