Chicago Public Schools

Chicago Public Schools Employee Reviews

like the fact that they will take you to camp
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 27, 2015
Pros: good learning
Cons: long breaks
like the fact that they will take care and talk me to the and I them about anything thats going on with you but the most part I like the fact that they help polple
it was a great experience
Tutor/Mentor, (Former Employee), Chicago ILJune 24, 2015
fast food can have its ups and downs . from customers to the co-workers . but the job was a good experience similar to all fast food but just a different environment to how they operate their service. id work there again.
found the company to be a good learning experience
Assist Crossing Guards (Current Employee), Chicago,IllinoisJune 23, 2015
Pros: getting to know the children
Cons: working and getting along with other staff members
Learning all the rules and regulations pertaining to Chicago Public Schools as far as the kids are concern. I found the company to be a very educational.
Great Place to work
Special Education Classroom Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2015
Pros: Helpful staff
Great place to work. Wonderful staff and administration. There are no typical days as the students and staff always bring something new and exciting to the table each day!
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Computer Literacy Teacher K-8 (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great professional development opportunities
Cons: Parking
CPS has really done a great job at preparing me to become a successful educator. I work with a wonderful staff that is caring and dedicated to their profession. I enjoy working with in a diverse community and helping students achieve their goals.
great place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), chicago ,ilJune 16, 2015
its a great company to work for helping other is a great feeling seeing young minds grow is so amazing and a lot of my co workers are driven young individuals
Creative passion for teaching young children.
Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 8, 2015
Pros: Educating young people
Cons: Being bullied by the micromanagement.
After more than twenty plus years of teaching in the Chicago Public Schools. I have observed that many of my colleagues are burned out,cynical, and plotting early retirement. Many others feel that was have so much more to give. Our only only quest is for opportunity to reach more students and to have a deeper impact on their educational development. I work very well with others and I still have a creative passion for teaching young children and I hope I will be given an opportunity to try. I teach from my heart and the love is there and it is witnessed on the child's face.
Productive, Nice
HR Generalist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2015
Pros: Holiday off
Cons: no lunch break sometimes
Productive, multi-tasking, not the best, hard working, pleasing everyone, helping others. Some days are better than others
One of the most rewarding jobs ever
Child Welfare Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 4, 2015
Pros: Helping others find the greatnes inside of them
Cons: Not being able to have more time with certain kids due to my possition as a sub
Provide assistants to client(s) Teacher and Staff of CPS schools. Supported child(ren) on their daily events. Made assessment on child(s) development, assist in advocating for client in obtaining services maintaining communication among client .
This job was a daily reminder of the blessing of life. It continuously gave my drive . being apart of a bigger picture that pushed children in the direction of greatness , I couldn't have asked for a better organization to be apart of.
CPS
School/Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Chicao, ILJune 4, 2015
Pros: Helping special needs children
Cons: Not enough parent/teacher interaction.
I loved this job because I enjoy working with children. The staff worked well together because we wanted the best for the children. Leadership was nice as well.
Rewarding however, can be challenging.
Parent Resource Advocate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: Family oriented staff and summer breaks
Cons: Poor communication style
A typical day at Chicago Public Schools can be rewarding as well as challenging. I have learned how to adapt in a fast paced working environment. Management communication style can be challenging to deal with however, adaptable. My co-workers are very helpful people who are generally team players. The most challenging part of the job is the communication style and culture of Chicago Public Schools. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children lives change daily, In addition to seeing the end result once the school year ends.
Constant Change and Unorganization from Senior Leadership
School Operations Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule
Cons: Judgmental Upper Managment
The Bureaucracy of Chicago hinders the education programs and the constant influx of employee turnover and mismanagement of human capital due to the poor policies and personal opinion vs. concrete supervision.
productive and fun working with all the student's making sure they receive a healthy breakfast and lunch.
Lunchroom Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches for the students
Cons: none
a typical day at work pulling my breakfast and lunch and to start preparing breakfast for 300 student's, after breakfast prep and prepare lunch, prepare fresh salad daily.the most enjoyable part of my job is when the student's tell me how much they enjoyed there lunch.
You Will Learn Alot About Yourself
Special Education Case Manager (Current Employee), ChicagoMay 20, 2015
I started my career with CPS at 24 years old, and I've learned a lot about myself in the meantime. You will learn very quickly whether you are cut out for the work involved in being an educator for this district. It can be very fulling, but you have to have the passion, heart, and compassion for those days that are really tough.
It was a pleasure to work for CPS, It taught me all the necessary traits that I have today.
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
Pros: It gave me the experience I have today, trained me with classes, and the education necessary for my Stationary Engineer title.
Cons: Co-workers that would not co-operate to make the jobs easier for all workers.
My co-workers were very hard working and co-operative in any field that I was assigned to. Each department did their job and the days were full and satisfying.

Any Chief Engineer were teachers with experience and their attitudes and dispositions were always positive. They followed the motto "if you don't succeed, try, try again".

The hardest part of the job to me was when someone was absent and I had to cover thier job also. But with anything, it was something that had to be done.
Interesting Opportunity
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Pros: Mentoring and Touching young lives
Cons: Behavioral management
I enjoy working with children. Even though some of these children may be facing some challenging situations, I feel that I am honored to be able to assist them in their educational goals and to mentor them.
hard work
Guidance Counselor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: poor long range planning
Excellent start, lousy finish. AGEISM lefty me out in the cold looking in. I started as a teacher and became a counselor.
wqdqwedqw
Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2015
Pros: qwedqw
Cons: wqeqwe
I am writing to share some transition news. I have recently accepted a new role in New Orleans, and will be making a move to the South this weekend. I will be taking on the role of Campus Director for Relay Graduate School of Education, New Orleans.

I am excited for the transition and new opportunity. I am intent on making my professional mark in HBCU leadership. This role, along
Working as an Educator
Teacher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2015
A typical day of work was spent helping others reach their goals. I learned that you must have be compassionate and have a heart to work with people of any age. I have managed children/youth and I have collaborated with a team that had desires such as mine. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching others achieve. The hardest part of the job is working with those who will not work with you, but against you for selfish reasons.
jewel
Teachers Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
jewels was one of my best jobs i worked all over from carts to cashiers...I worked with all type of people i worked from sun up to sun down..

1 2 3 4 5

About Chicago Public Schools

The Chicago Public Schools is the nation's third-largest school district and the second-largest employer in Illinois, with more – Read more

Chicago Public Schools Salaries