Chicago State University Employee Reviews

Not sure my position was needed
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2017
Not a busy work atmosphere, just there to fill a position. Part-time position that required that I work for 90 days and I'm off for a month, and reapply for 90 days. No payment for the month off.
Pros
I did get a position in the job I applied for
Cons
No benefits or experience gained.
Fast paced environment.
Upper Bound Program Dormitory Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
Working with young students was a really great experience. I truly enjoyed working for the Upper Bound Program at Chicago State University. Most enjoyable part was being able to travel to different cities.
good time to work
DBMS -Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
manager and co employees are very helpful.workplace culture.the most enjoyable part is celebrating festivals.once or twice in a month
are typical days .
Stressful
Director, CTRE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
With no state budget for over two years, the staff has been slashed and everyone has had to perform additional duties. There is no job security. Most departments do not take responsibility for their job functions.
Our University
Academic Advising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2017
CSU produces more Black graduates than any other school in the state. A great place for people interested in helping people of color attain their educational goals.
Good Place to learn
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2017
Masters program has an Advanced curriculum which suits current industry. And Staff is very encouraging. The faculty is very interactive and their coursework is excellent.
Chicago State Clerk
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2017
As a work study my managers had me run errands such as deliver/pick-up mail and data entry. I worked the Math department and they were highly organized. I learned multitasking is unavoidable, but I learned from senior employees from the university about not only the tasks assign but how to develop myself as a person. The hardest part about the job was working with the old fashion copier making some tasks longer than I'd like. However getting to chat with professors as people and not teachers made it cool.
Pros
Office events
Cons
Limited resources
Great place
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
Great place full of great people that actually believe in the school. Chicago State is full of so much culture and knowledge and should be tapped into more than it is.
Productive atmosphere.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  9501 S King DrMay 22, 2017
Cleaning facility, mop floors, sweep floors, vaccum floors, shoveling the snow, empty the gutters, plant flowers, mow the lawn, service attendants with positive attitude
Pros
Free lunches, long breaks.
lucritive learning environment
College Work Study (CWS) office assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
i love everything about Chicago state. the environment is friendly and appealing. the education is top of the line and well diverse. the university itself has stood tall for well over 150 years.
Easy to get to from my home.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
School has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, senior management is not qualified for their positions. The university is in the process of hiring a new President.
Benefits
Cons
No sense of urgency
Fun place too work very professional
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2017
One of my best crews true culinarians care about what they do from start to finish wasn't always as so but showing them the passion and drive and how important and satisfying it can be too operate as a team made us strong .
Pros
Food made from a scratch kitchen
Cons
Broken equipment
Good Students
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR ● Department of Sociology (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
Chicago State University is a good teaching school that serves students who are often marginalized from and within higher education. This is why the institution is so important.
Great place to make a difference
Associate Vice President and Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2017
Chicago State University is a wonderful place to make a difference in the lives of students. What an awesome way to invest in the future. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students. The benefits are excellent as well.
Productive work enviroment.
Grant Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2017
Productive workplace with an excellent student body population that is eager to learn and enter into the workplace. Growth potential at all levels in this organization.
Pros
Student Involvement
Cons
lack of funding
Chicago State has a Great Curriculum
No longer employed at Chicago State University (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Chicago State is a great Higher Learning Institution, but have faced budget problems for the last several years. I have worked for CSU for more than 14-years and I have confident that the Institutional problems will get better.
decent coins while going to school
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Close distance to my house. Make money while going to school and they will work around your school schedule. No hassle and if you need help,they will help you.
Pros
Good with hours and quiet
Academia
Counseling Graduate Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
CSU is a state school that has a diverse student population. There was a academically nurturing environment. I enjoyed working with the students on a daily basis.
Pros
Work in a culturally diverse community
Cons
Illinois state budget crisis
productive
MRS research student (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60628December 25, 2016
in the sense that through the research program, positive results has been realized which is seen in the daily lives of minorities within the school neighborhood.
Cons
good health care
Detailed work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2016
My boss was great to work for. She gave me challenging work that keep me busy and interested. I learned about how to keep and update detailed records.