Chicago Transit Authority

Chicago Transit Authority Employer Reviews

Productive and fast pace work environment
Bus Servicer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
A typical work shift would include driving forklift, cleaning inside and outside of public buses, and transporting heavy machinery around garage.
Productive and fun place to work.
Bus Servicer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Locate my busses prepare my work station and get started cleaning. Learned the importance of punctuality and hard work.
Interesting work, smart people, change in management can be tough
Coordinator, Marketing Research (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2014
When the front office changes, life tends to be in flux for a period of time as they're getting up to speed regarding initiatives.
A place full of adventure
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2014
Pros: eating with the kids and going on activity for free.
Cons: no breaks at all ....unless emergency
The days would be long and hard sometimes never knowing what to expect.You don't always get what you put in at work the kids are challenging enough but so is management. The co-workers are like all other jobs seeing who can stand out the most with the higher management or superiors at any means necessary. The hardest part was seeing the kids leave and – more... not knowing what to expect from the outside world.The most enjoyable part was being respected by them. – less
Stepping stone
Benefit Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: employees benefits
Working only Monday- Friday. I like getting exposure to the customers by volunteering to be an information specialist.
Under paid.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2014
Pros: medical benifits
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
I am stationed in the loop area and as a result I meet interesting people and also learn a lot about my beautiful city.
The position is not secure, you can be replaced easily.
getting people where they are going on time and safe
bus operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2014
I don't want to bad mouth CTA it just wasn't the job for me back then.
loved working with the public
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2014
Pros: the work
Cons: new hires are hired on a pt basis
cta is the second largest public transportation in the country
if you are a people person you will love this job
great job
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: violent city
loved this job daily, its just the city was becoming to violent to raise my children, assisting costumers, giving directions, driving , learning new places,
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
A great place to work if you would like to take your customer service skills to the next level.
Challenging, productive, never boring
General Manager (Former Employee), 567 W Lake, Chicago, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: never boring
Cons: on call 24 hours a day
My position with Chicago Transit Authority included Acting General Manager and Manager II Rail Operations; Capital Projects. Part of my responsibilities was to effectively coordinate construction activities with safety and efficiency of employees, contractors, and customers with the various construction companies. My experience includes meeting goals – more... set forth with CTA facilities, maintenance, and rail operating personnel in a manner that satisfied the contractor's and CTA's needs.

This included interacting with a diverse population: from very educated to uneducated, wealthy to poor, and people with various handicaps.

The most difficult part of the job was always being prepared for Chicago's weather: from twenty degrees below zero, to temperatures in excess of one hundred degrees, sunny to windy. I wasn't just in the office, but had to respond to emergency situations and inspect sites in the field.

The most enjoyable part of the job was at the completion of projects; knowing how hard work and preparations had paid off. – less
Required people who were able to multi-task and complete jobs in a timely manner
Diesel Mechanic/Maintenance (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 26, 2014
Pros: stability and benefits
Cons: no flexibility in schedule.
Overall was a very good experience. Worked for 25 years in the same capacity but at different locations within the company. The hardest part of the job was having to work outside and maintain a schedule to ensure the buses were always working properly and on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people.
Heavy Maintenance Mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
Pros: the pay was good for the time and the overtime was always present
Cons: working different shifts due to non senority
Repair Transit buses for the City of Chicago/ Started out as a bus cleaner and advanced to bus mechanic. The transit company sent me to training so as to become a mechanic. Managers and supervisors were helpful at times. I made several friendships thru-out the years and still have contact with them until today.

Since this was a heavy maintenance job – more... it was difficult adjusting to the variety and size of bus parts. Very easy in this industry to get physically hurt. I enjoyed the training given to me and having to meet some really good instructors. – less
excellent
Full-time Bus Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2014
Pros: excellent
Cons: excellent
Productive and fun workplace. excellent customer service.
Loved interacting with customers
Full-Time Bus Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2014
Pros: you have a win win situation working with them.
Cons: n/a
If you enjoy people and adventure CTA is the place to be. Set routes family oriented company.
Great job
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2014
The company made up rules as the day go by. Your co-workers are great helpers and they stick together.
Not a good place to work anymore
BUS OPERATOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: per hour pay rate
Cons: everything else
The company has changed tremendously for the worse. Bad management and unfair discipline tactics.
acceptional, needs better beneftss for workers
Customer Service Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2014
Overall a good company, I would just like better benefits, schedules constantly fluctuate.
Great company to work for
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2014
This company was a great one to work for. There was much growth for me there and I was able to raise my child and balance work and family well. They have wonderful benefits for you and your family and a great pension plan for your future. I loved working for Chicago Transit Authority.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2014
If you get a full time position its worth it but if its part time good luck.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chicago Transit Authority

The CTA is focused on making its ETA.┬áThe Chicago Transit Authority operates┬áthe second-largest public transportation system in – Read more

Chicago Transit Authority Photos