Chicago Transit Authority

Chicago Transit Authority United States Employee Reviews

my time
. (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2014
not good. It wasn't a very good experience, but I'm ready for a better experience elswhere.
a good place to work
Certified switchman (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2014
a typical day at work consist of putting out trains for service and then laying up trains for storage. taking trains in and out of the shop. throwing switches. making and breaking up trains. my co-workers became my second family. the hardest part of my job was working in the rain or snow over the electricity. working with great people who value and respect their job just as much as you did.
Daily work day
Certified Rail Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2014
A typical day at work is first of all being well rested. You must be professional and customer friendly assuring the management you will be very productive.
Fun Work Place.
Bus Operator / Line Instructor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: inclement weather
Fun and enjoyed meeting different people. Moving through the city of Chicago seeing and experiencing different ethnicities. Really enjoyed the job.
ok
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, IlNovember 15, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: the public
its was okay: work hard play hard..........................
Overall good company to work for
Bus Operator/Line Instructor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2014
Excellent Employer was able to use my customer service skills daily
Customer Service
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work for me will be assisting a person with a need or providing them a solution to a problem. My previous experience was traveling around the city of Chicago helping passengers arrive to their destination in timely matter. The hardest part of my job was not being able to get my passengers to their destination on time due to traffic or unforeseen accidents.
CTA is a Good Place to Start
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2014
Pros: free rides on buses and trains
Cons: not able to become full time
I've been working for CTA for 1.5 yrs. It is ok. It is difficult to become turned over (Part Time to Full Time). I hope something will happen in the next 1.5 years. If not I will have to do something else.
It is an excellent opportunity to work with the public.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2014
The typical day involves you using all the customer service skills obtained to date. For me this job was extremely rewarding, but does not pay enough starting out.
fun place to work, good people, clean and safe
Data Entry Clerk - Law Department (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
Pros: love the people i worked for and with
Cons: hated working downtown
Data Entry Clerk – Law Department
On daily basis I receive assignments which have been reviewed by examiners (Supervisors). I review and sort out into 3 different categories (1. Previous Case 2. New Case 3. Blind Case)
Number File Jackets for new Cases Research to conduct to track and match reports and documents received in the claims department daily.
Transport information from CLD program into Imanage program for future electronic reviewing by Manager, Supervisors and Claim Analyst Assigned to.
Keep a log on the file that go Litigated.
Opening the daily mail preparing the reports/correspondence for daily review by the claims Department Examiners.
Closing files
DM2000 Program
An unsafe workplace
Bus Operater (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: cta has great benefits and pay.
Cons: cta has an unsecre work environment.
Working for CTA has its good days and bad days. Some days you come to work you dont know what street you may have to work or what time you may get off. I learned how to be a defensive driver, greet cutomers, handle fair disputes, not to get into agruments with customers and how to stay on schedule. Some of the people you work can be difficult, not caring about time management. The hardest part of the job is that some customer are rude and want to hurt you. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday.
Environment is ok
Combined Rail Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2014
No benefits. I only worked here while I finished school, then moved on. Very flexible with hours
How i like working for chicago transit authority.
Railservicer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Its a growing company. You can move up. There are friendly people. You can retire with a nice nest egg. you never have to pay for transportation. good company to work for.
Public Transportation at its finest
Various Positions at Chicago Transit Authority (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: management changes at senior management level
I grew up working at the Authority and definitely believed in the product that we were selling to community. We were responsible for providing the best possible service to the public as possible. I learned how to be a true team player and respect the individual gifts that each member of the team brought to the table. I was privileged to be able to work with multiple departments within the organization and able to satisfy the needs of my internal and external customers.

What made each day enjoyable was every day was a different day. Even with the changes in management, I was able to maintain my focus and stay motivated while encouraging my staff members to continue to do their best every day.
Chicago Transit Authority
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
I enjoyed my assignment at CTA. I met a lot of people and enjoyed helping the customers with the transit system.
Some Good people!
Project Consultant - Business Systems (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pretty good place to work. Learned quite a bit over 9 years about buses and trains.
Good company to work for with plenty of room for advancement
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: irate customers
CTA is a great company to work for and you are given the opportunity to advance as long as you can prove that your job performance is up to speed. Most of the co-workers are great, as you will meet a lot of people and deal with many personalities.
Typical work day
Bus operator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2014
Pros: meeting different people each day
Cons: benefits, time management
Driving the bus is not a difficult job. What makes the job not easy to handle is i am not allowed to help those who are in need. I have a schedule that I must follow at all times.
A very exciting place to work and grow.
Flagman (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2014
I really enjoy my employment with CTA. I have been introduced to good and helpful people that want to help you grow.
Fast Pace, 24/7 environment
Senior Manager, Drug/Alcohol Compliance (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisAugust 21, 2014
Exciting, excellent benefits, hard working co-workers and accountability.

About Chicago Transit Authority

The CTA is focused on making its ETA. The Chicago Transit Authority operates the second-largest public transportation system in – Read more

Chicago Transit Authority Photos