Chicago Transit Authority Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you are a people person
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago,ILOctober 6, 2015
It's a great position to have when you enjoy working with the public and being a help to others; I love it for these reasons.
Easy day
Part-time Bus Operator/CDL Class B (Current Employee) –  CHICGOAOctober 3, 2015
ok job decent check. good money the passengers can be the most difficult part of the job during work. Benefits aren't the best and you get a pension.
Great Co-Workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago,IllinoisSeptember 29, 2015
Great place to work if you do not have small children...work schedules are hectic especially for bus and train operators
Fun place with Ping-Pong table
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2015
Great job,Love the driving ,meeting different people from all walks of life.Great Company of people to work for.Getting customers to there destination was a task in itself.always have to be prepared for all kind of weather conditions.Being safe is the most thing on the job,your safety as well as the customers.
Pros
money
Cons
Dealing with the people of the street.
Cta
Car Servicer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2015
The typical of day working for Cta was fun i learn a lot of new things i meet alot of new people.The team i work with was very nice.The management was very respectful.The hardest part of the job was clean the trains after a night game.
good Company and excellent benefits.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Very good Company to work for.with a great benefit package and new state of the art equipment. However the job has high strees levels.
Pros
New Equipment
Cons
short breaks and rude passengers
ok
Vice-President of Transit Operations (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 8, 2015
It was a good company to work for. When new management came in, they requested other to resign. I would work for them again.
A very demanding position that I love the challenges.
Senior Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2015
As a Senior Procurement Administrator, I was always given the critical automotive contracts that could stop bus service such as tires, batteries, diesel, etc.

I procured other very important commodities such as transit buses, trucks, parts from drawings, etc. They were important, but if the CTA ran out of diesel fuel for lack of a contract, that would be a disaster. If the CTA had to order a fleet of cargo vans a month later, it would be an inconvenience.
Pros
It was very rewarding to be responsible for so much that affects operations.
Cons
My door to door commute was 5:30 am to 8:30 pm.
productive great work place, interactions with the public
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2015
very great company to work for, I Learned a lot. A work day typical will consist of dealing with the general public. Management was very professional and willing to help you out daily. my co workers were very kind and helpful as well. the hardest part about the job was the scheduling. the scheduling was all over the place each and every day. the most enjoyable part of the job is me helping customers out.
Not there long enough to review. It was a temporary position
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2015
I was only here as an intern for the summer. The work I did was straight data entry. It was fine but not challenging. My coworkers were pleasant.
Best employer due to environment and customersl
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  chicago IllinoisAugust 25, 2015
CHicago Transit is a very good job though it is hard to get hired on full time. I would suggest other individuals to apply for customer service, and never get discouraged on waiting for employment.
it was great to work there with my cowokers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  chicagoAugust 24, 2015
i was sick a lot at t his job a ot of work and health issue it was oka enjoyed working with cowoker and customer where enjoyedje
The establishment was professional and friendly.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2015
The staff was warm and comfortable the place was a place. I enjoy working with the public. I love helping people and being able to exercise my people skills.
stressful
Professional Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2015
Very stressful and hard to balance,very hard on the body, the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Very friendly environment with assistance at every corner
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy my job as a Customer Service assistant for Chicago Transit Authority.I get to meet and assist new people, have the option to upward mobility, always have someone to assist me, and absolutly love my wage.
Pros
Helpful and room for growth
Cons
Not enough overtime
My skills are being challenged
Reception Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2015
I was responsible for inputing data into oracle to stock equipment. I became familiar with oracle and I learned data entry. The office was small so I didn't have much interaction with other people. Management basically kept to themselves. The volume of the work was the most difficult and the inputting of the data was the most enjoyable.
Pros
The routine responsibility.
Cons
The volume of work
Chicago Transit Authority
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at consists of dealing with a diverse group of people on a daily basis, their differences, attitudes etc. Management's job is to ensure the daily functions are performed correctly and in accordance to CTA's rules, policies and procedures. The hardest part of the job is trying to please everyone, but I've learned that it's only a job and not to take anything personal. I represent the company, and when people vent to me, they're actually frustrated with the company, therefore, I dont take it personal. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people. It makes me feel good knowing that I made a difference. Some of my co-workers only do what is required to fulfill the daily tasks but some, like myself, go above and beyond the call of duty to assist others.
Pros
Picking my own schedule
Cons
Poor health insurance
...............................................
Manager, Bus Maintenance (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 2, 2015
Maintenance Manager for Chicago Transit Authority. Fun work place with supportive management. Chance to grow within company and the company does a lot in order to develop their management staff.
i love interacting and being a peoples person when it came to the passengers
Part-time Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
I enjoyed driving for this company until they downsized back in 2009 and the benfits were great. my co workers became my best friends to this day
Dangerous job environment with good pay
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2015
Great pay and good benefits.
Dangerous work environment.
Schedule is all over the place unless you
got the seniority to choose a constant schedule or area
of work. Other than that the job is easy, besides dealing with
difficult riders.