Chicago Tribune Employee Reviews

productive and very fast paced
Drivers Helper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
Excellent workplace, employers are friendly, employee's are a pleasure to work with, over all great environment, reasonable routes, trucks are great as well.
great work environment but no future
Ad Planner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2017
This is unfortunately not a growth industry for my skill set. The opportunities kept shrinking. The people who I worked with however were the best in the business.
Pros
great people to work with
Working Hard
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2017
Its an productive workplace, the job is not hard at all. You learn new things as you work. The management could be a lot better. Your days at work are smooth and enjoying.
Great hours and pay!
Home Delivery Rep (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Typical day was around 3-4 hours, door to door sales, made $100+ on most days. Great Management and awesome coworkers. Learned alot about selling, people, how to communicate better, the job helped me become a better person overall .
Pros
almost everything
Cons
working in bad weather
Lead Ad Creator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
The Chicago Tribune is a dynamic, fast paced place to work with great people. It is different every day which is the best thing.
Overall great company, fun work enviornmant
Unloader/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2016
Chicago Tribune was a great organization but business got slow. The work environment was great, great benefits, management were competent. The pay was great at the time, and hours were full time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
loss of hours due to cut backs
Hard work
Inserter Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2016
Chicago Tribune is a company that works it worker s hard with hardly no pay. They don't appreciate their employees..most jobs show there appreciation to their employees but get none at Tribune especially if you go in as a temporary. This is a good job of your trying to make fast money but not permanently.
Good Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPERSENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2016
Loved the job when I was there, left with great customer service skills and some great coworkers as friends for life. We were a family there
Reputable Company
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILOctober 19, 2016
I am not with this company and I will not recommend them to anyone I know. The owner doesn't invest any money into fixing equipment.
Work experience
Dock Coordinator, ROP Dock (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2016
I enjoyed all aspects and dynamics of working at Tribune. The experiences that I learned as well as the people that I encountered will always have an impact on my personal and work arena.
Pros
Flexibility with schedules, supportive staff and teams, opportunity to learn different job duties
Fun
Team Leader Sales (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at the Chicago tribune included going door to door selling product and making sure i reached my own personal goal of 10 sells a day.
Professional, experience work environment
Senior Manager, Audience Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2016
Provided me the opportunity to work for a nationally recognized leader in the media industry focused on providing the best in print and digital information.
Productive and fun to work with
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2016
My time at Chicago Tribune was wonderful, it was temporary in the beginning but turned out to be there for 2 yrs, people there were very friendly and all got along well
Any tasks that was given to me I did it with full dedication and 100% and when needed assistant they didn't hesitate and helped me getting the task done easier and faster.

It was great and enjoyed it thoroughly..
n/a
Elite Staffing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2016
i like it just need more hours only work 4-5 hours a day and i work midnight so its very easy and no stress i would love to be full time
Great Co-Workers
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2016
The company has gone through significant changes over the years. I have met many lifelong friends working for this organization. Not sure how recent changes will impact overall company direction.
Easy work but people there have they head up there butt
PAPER HANDLER/NEWSPRINT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2016
The work is easy and you are working alone but they only give you three days out the week and you get paid every two weeks and the checks be about 360 and I cant survive of a job like that.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No hours
keep you busy for a few hours
Newspaper Delivery (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2016
I think its a good job if you like to move around every morning just for a few hours to deliver some newspaper for some extra cash.
Excelente oportunidad de crecimiento
MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2016
Debido hacer una empresa enorme y con una gran trayectoria en los medios informativos como publicitarios hay la posibilidad de que cualquier persona con desicion y las aptitudes tuviera un buen crecimiento laboral
Pros
Una empresa grandes
Cons
Ninguno
Productive Workplace, Continuing to Strive for Excellence!
SR Administrator Coordinator /Time Keeper /Payroll (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2016
Overall a nice place to work. Enjoy being a part of the team. Enjoy the rush of a fast paced environment while continuing to succeed!
not for anyone to work at
Newspaper Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2016
does not pay right worked more hours and less pay do not like the places worker didnt work the boss was a jerk dislike and long night
Pros
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chicago Tribune. Our community is ready to answer.