Chicago White Sox Employee Reviews

Great co workers, quick paced environment
Group Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 31, 2017
Overall, the Chicago White Sox is a good company to work for. However, management has been going downhill for the past few years and could greatly use a facelift. Employee morale has declined and unfortunately people are starting to drop like flies. If you enjoy a fast-paced and intense work environment I would highly recommend to work for a sports team like the White Sox.
Pros
Free lunch, fun atmosphere
Cons
Poor management and lack of employee morale
Great opportunity, worth the struggle
Minor League Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2017
Minor league baseball is a struggle, as the pay and living situations are usually not great. But its awesome to get paid to play a game and live out the dream of one day making it to the MLB.
Pros
getting paid to play baseball, living the dream
Cons
pay isn't great
Manager of Central Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
An absolute AMAZING place to work. Love my co-workers, and bosses. The culture is very positive. Employees are very close to each other. Often, the co-workers choose to spend their free time with each other. We've stood up in each other's weddings, Godparents to each others children. It's simply fantastic.
Pros
Major League Baseball, Free Lunch, Free Parking, Other Employees
Cons
Management can be a little old fashioned.
good
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2017
love it. fun place to work, fun people. baseball is fun, your co workers are fun and the fans are fun. I loved it, will always go back if they want me back. Team is not that good but oh well.
Public Relations and Ethnic Outreach Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Fun place with a light atmosphere. Was allowed to step outside my role many times and expand creatively to build my resume and become a more well rounded professional.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no cons
Extremely fun workplace with a great view
Sox Split Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2017
I absolutely love my job with the White Sox. The job is much more than just selling 50/50 tickets. It is interacting with the fans and serving as another customer service outlet. It is learning about everything that CWSC does during the year to better inform fans about where their money is going.
Great Experience
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2016
An opportunity to work in sports and gain great experience. The pay is low and its even harder to sell in a crowded market. Fun place to work for! Great people who work incredibly hard to put a great product out there.
Pros
Free lunch, comp tickets
Cons
low pay
Fun work environment and surrounded by positive people.
Park Att􏰂raction Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2016
I really enjoy working for the White Sox. Not only am I a huge Chicago sports fan, but I couldn't ask for a better work experience. Working with children is always exciting because you never know what to expect from them. I work with children as young as 2-14 years old and they always but a smile on my face. Working here has taught me people skills, responsibility, working in teams, and to always be a encouraging person. The work space is outside and always a fun environment, located in the upper left field. I can't wait to go back this season. Go White Sox!
A day at work
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 28, 2016
A day at work would include getting to the field at around noon and hitting early in the cages. After that would have a team stretch and throwing session, and once we were done there position players would take batting practice on the field. Once we were done with batting practice we would eat some food and proceed to taking in and out which is a defensive routine. After this we would play the game and sometimes have to lift weights after the game. And repeat this for 140 games a season.
nice outgoing spot
concession (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2015
the customers are baseball fans and are typically outgoing nice spot to work at. You geta meal ticket to eat for lunch. You can pass the time by in no time if you do the work that is required of you.
Professional Baseball Player
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ; Winston-Salem, NC; Birmingham, ALAugust 22, 2015
A team player who contributed on a daily basis to be successful individually and as a whole. Enjoyed the physical and mental demands that the season and environment creates.
Enjoyed my job as being able to help players reach their potential
Hitting Instructor, Class A Level Rookie league (Former Employee) –  Great Falls MontanaAugust 3, 2015
working in a field that i loved, being able to help players, as a former player everyone was eager to learn from my experience
Pros
Travel was a plus
Cons
no cons
warm atmopher
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
Working at the Sow park is and actual dream it's fun and you meet wonderful people and also great customers Sox taught me how to be responsible and how to work as a team player.
Pros
great food, co worker, customer service
Cons
away games
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2014
Great environment to work in. Everyone is very helpful, and you get what you put into the job. Definitely embodies a work hard/ play hard mentality.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
great place to meet new people
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
be on time to work
I learned how to run an entire gas station on my own.
management taught me how to run the gas station on my own.
I barely met my co workers.
hardest part of the job was mean customers needing my service.
most enjoyable part of the job was receiving my check stubs.
Fun to play baseball everyday and get paid to do it
Professional Baseball Player (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 22, 2013
Love playing baseball everyday and traveling across the country.
Great Experience
Game Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2013
Working for the Chicago White Sox was an amazing, beneficial experience for me. I had a lot of responsibility, was always on my feet, and worked on a very tight time schedule. I was constantly interacting with guests, entertainers, and fellow employees in order to ensure that promotions and events going on around the park were going smoothly, and as planned. Everyone I met at the White Sox was very welcoming. It was a great environment to work in, and there was a lot of collaboration between the different departments.
Pros
Free meals, friendly people
Cons
Short breaks
Multicultural Marketing and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2012
Good place and great culture . Great internship program. Recommendo to anyone trying to get into sports.
Its a great workplace.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2012
It was a long day and always busy it made the day go by fast. I learned a lot about how it works in the sports station. The managers where nice and made sure that the showed you the right way to work in a place like that.The hardest part was being on your feet for so long none stop. Everyone was really nice and I loved seeing the customers so happy and enjoying themselves.
Pros
its a clean and enjoyable place to work for.
Fun work environment
Intern, Sales Department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2012
Sold season ticket packages
Was also in charge of new season ticket holder open house planning
Good group of coworkers