Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

amazing people and great place to work
Kitchen cook (Current Employee) –  Centerville, UTNovember 21, 2017
i learned quickly how to communicate with one another and to work in a quick fun environment. great management and great flow of work. Would recommend working at chick fil a to anyone
Environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2017
Make sure you are fast paced , hard working and nice! Willing to have different positions based off of when you're scheduled. May work outside if scheduled during lunch hour.
Fun day
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2017
A typical work day at Chick Fil A is very up beat fast pace. If your having a hard day or trying to get something off your mind a day at work will keep your mind off your problems. The hardest part of the job is customers who are not happy and are taking the outside problems to you . The most enjoyable part of the job is the different event Chick Fil A participate in.
Pros
Free food breaks if you work 8+ hours
Cons
short breaks
Good First Time Job
Logistics Coordinator and Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, NCNovember 20, 2017
Worked the morning shift starting at 5:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M. with a 30 minute lunch break in the middle. Learned to work in a relatively quick-paced environment. Pretty good first job for making low-wages.
fast paced
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 20, 2017
great teamwork utilized here, great opportunity for advancements, everyone around you works hard and takes pride in assisting the customers with great customer service
Pros
free lunch
Cons
little to no break if busy
Every Chick Fil A is different
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 20, 2017
Some Chick-fil-A's are good to work for, it all depends on the operator. The one I worked for had poor management and were always short staffed because they didn't pay enough to life (bills). With the majority of the workers adults with families, they would have to work 12 hour days to make ends meet.
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXNovember 20, 2017
Fun place to work at. Fun co-workers. Management is very understanding and flexible with work schedule and hours. Understanding. Only bad thing is very low pay, and no set hours.
Pros
Management works very well with your schedule and days off
Cons
Very low pay
Great first place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VANovember 19, 2017
It’s a great place to work . Fast paced. SOME managers are really good at what they do. Employees are awesome . Sometimes managers tend to get catty but that’s at every Work place . Pay is good for fast food
Pros
$7 free lunch
Cons
scheduling
Not very fun
Front Counter Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2017
Too demanding , not organized, I didn’t like working here because the managers try to run the whole store but they do not know got to take one single order.
Good but tiring for pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30342November 19, 2017
I enjoy working for chick-fil-la but the pay just doesn't match the work ethic. It is a great envoirment overall and I don't see many things wrong with it besides the amount of pay they give.
Cons
Pay
Stressful and exhausting but enjoyable coworkers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 19, 2017
I had the opening shift and an hour drive to work every morning, so I was up at 330 every morning. We had the busiest chickfila in town, right in the middle of schools and a hospital. Once I got past the exhaustion and stress of the quick nonstop pace, there were the crazy customers. With the company's policy on politeness and customer service (which is great), we had to stand there and take the berating from the customer with a smile, whether or not they had a legitimate problem or were just trying to make trouble. However, during the slower times, it was actually really fun. When I had the time, I was able to interact with the customers more and focus on the 2nd mile service. Overall, my coworkers and managers were amazing. None of what I said is really on the company, but this was my experience, and it was a stressful and exhausting one.
Pros
Small discount on an entree for break
Cons
Short breaks, extremely demanding
poor management, doesn't work with hours
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 19, 2017
While under separate management I learned a lot about working with guests and how to better serve them. However, after a change in management the place went downhill. Favoritism played a huge role in the day to day life. A typical day at work was very fast paced and involved a lot of work with low pay - unless you were a favorite. I did enjoy working with customers and serving them, just not under the management that took over.
Pros
free break food / Worked with guests
Cons
did not give enough hours / low pay
Busy workplace with wonderful staff.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 17, 2017
The staff was always very friendly. The fast paced work environment makes the shifts seem to go by fairly quickly. After the probationary period (three months), you usually get a slight pay raise.
Pros
Home-like feeling, Free entree.
Cons
None.
Good experience
Chick fil a (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 17, 2017
This was my first job so it was a fun experience, and also because the pace at this job is always fast . I was glad this was my first job because it was my foundation of how to work when i would get another job.
Fast and busy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 17, 2017
Never a moment where you just relax, the environment is always busy. Constantly taking orders and restocking items. Overall it is a fun place for younger students looking for work.
Great experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLNovember 17, 2017
This job will truly teach an individual self control and responsibility, you must keep a positive aura with you at all times and be tolerant of customers regardless of how irate they may be.
Pros
Discount on lunch break
Cons
Work conditions can be very hot outside and sometimes there is rain
What you make it.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALNovember 17, 2017
At the particular location I work at the culture is sort of different due to the University being at the center of our business. With many college students like myself working the work environment can get hostile at times. At the end of the day the hard workers stand out to get the job done.
Great family atmosphere
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 17, 2017
Team player attitude, fast paced, always closed on Sunday and popular holidays. Very family friendly. Creates team building skills as well as multi- tasking skills.
Pros
Free lunch when working
Cons
Always on your feet
Good place if you plan on staying long term
Cook (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GANovember 17, 2017
Being a cook at chick-fil-A is not easy it super fast paced the front workers rush you when you can’t do much about it decent job but I would make it a career
Pros
1$ meals
Cons
Short breaks low pay
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2017
How to make milk shake on my second week of the job it was very fun experience.Mangers was also kind but hard workers, the enjoyable part was when customers had kind personality.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.