CHICKEN OF THE SEA

CHICKEN OF THE SEA Employee Reviews

Productive job with long hours.
Lead Man (Former Employee), Lyons, GAMay 5, 2015
A typical day at work was me getting my people to the work area to begin working. I put labels on cans made sure the line was running the way it should be. I was a machine operator and trained employees who was on my line to become machine operators. The hardest part of my job was the long hours everyday and the most enjoyable was I was the lead man and I had the chance to show people what I knew to help them grow with the company.
Really needs an Union!
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lyons, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: they give 3 breaks, work is easy.
Cons: they don't have an good health plan, you are not guaranteed to work for the company permentant.
They have very strict rules and when you mess up, they are quick to want to replace you. When you first work there you are working as an temp. and have to bid for an job. I think that is ridiculous. The job is very easy and another thing i don't like is that last day of the week you don't know what time you are getting off on night shift which i think is unfair.
Looking for a job in Dublin, ga.
Manager of Production Planning (Current Employee), vidalia,gaFebruary 23, 2015
A growing company with excellent people/ teamwork spirit.
My day at work consists of management of 130 people.
The most enjoyable part of my job is reaching company goals and watch my team smile. the hardest part of my job is firing people.
Good Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lyons, GANovember 29, 2014
Pros: the experience of learning different areas
Cons: the management.
It was a fairly good place to work at. You learnt a lot about the things you may need to build your own house. I learnt plumbing, paints, gardening, and also I learnt different piece of wood. The co-workers treated you with respect because they had the same rules as cashiers but management wasn't worth the job, they treated the cashiers with no respect.
Overall the job itself was great.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lyons, GANovember 12, 2014
A typical day included operating my machine and performing regular warehouse duties. I learned alot from my peers about being promote and patient. I think management needs to be improved to make the company run smoother. The hardest part of the job was the 12hr/shifts 5 days a week. I loved the hands-on experience working on my machine.
Productive environment,
Food Safety Auditor (Former Employee), Lyons, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: learning the process of canning tuna.
Cons: the hours that i was working at the time was a 10 hour spilt shift.
A typical day working at Chicken of the Sea was completing GMP and Food Safety Audits. I would choose an area and pull the Standard Operating Procedures and audit the employee working the area that day to make sure the employee knew how to properly perform the job. I learned Basic HACCP for canning tuna, and how to take and give constructive corrective criticism. The hardest part of the job was when I would try to perform a job that I was not familiar with while I was completing the audit. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around some of the employees that were on the lines trying to out work other lines.
UNFAIR
Repack Assembly Line (Former Employee), Lyons, GAMay 8, 2014
I APPRECIATED THE OPPORTUNITY GIVEN BY THIS CORPORATION BUT I WAS NOT PLEASED WITH THE SUPERVISION.
Great place to work, but went through financial hard times
Purchasing Planning Manager (Former Employee), Lyons, GAFebruary 8, 2014
• Developed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Work Instructions, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the purchasing/planning department
• Ensured departmental compliance with all applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures; initiated any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations
• Assisted with preparation of annual budget; monitored status of budget; identified budgetary changes in patterns; assisted in planning long and short term capital purchases for the department and/or the Utility; secured prices on equipment and vehicles for departmental use in preparing budgets
• Conducted or supervised internal audit of financial transactions, funds, and records; coordinated audits by external auditors; located documentation to assist auditors in conducting audits
• Submitted forecasts to allocate product against annual contracts with both domestic and international suppliers
• Monitored/analyzed trends and market conditions for the present and future pricing, lead-time, and availability
• Negotiated pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors.
• Strategically interviewed, identified, and qualified potential new vendors or suppliers in order to secure more cost-effective sources of meats, ingredients, and packaging
• Implemented and enforced supplier and vendor guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements
• Monitored inventory levels to assist the company’s cash position
A productive and fun work place with very nice people.
shiner (Former Employee), Lyons, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: get gift cards and win money.
Cons: standing on feet for 12 hours and shorts breaks.
A typical day at chicken of the sea was to do your job, laugh and talk, meet production and go home. Management was great. I loved my co-workers. There wasn't anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was when we would draw tickects and when money.
Growing company who gives back
sales (Current Employee), NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: growing company
Cons: lack of communication at times
Very friendly environment. great team to work for. The most challenging part is learning the seafood industry as the sell all kinds of seafood product. Learning the lingo, for example the size of shrimp per pound per bag. The co workers are very helpful.
there are always something to do and its a year round job
line loader (Former Employee), Lyons, GANovember 3, 2013
Pros: cool environment and personal items kept safe
Cons: short brakes and no overtime
load the conveyor belt with product
learned to make important decisions when necessary
maintaining and assure everything is done on time
co-workers were easy to get along with
hardest part of the job is working solo, handling position alone
most enjoyable was being chosen for other tasks when needed done
This place was not fun to work at
General Laborer (Former Employee), Pago Pago, ASSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: no comment
Cons: hard labor, disrespectful people, do not receive what you work for, highly short breaks, unsanitary
Because of the cost of living, the pay did not equal the amount of work put in for the day. There was no overtime paid to the "manual" laborers. I remember I worked 12 hours and got paid less than a days' work. The co-workers were okay, some of them. The others were highly disrespectful especially to a person who is quiet like me. The hardest part of the job was receiving a pay check undesirable. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off for the day.
IT IS A FUN PLACE TO WORK
FISRT AID ATTENDANT / PLANT NURSE (Former Employee), Lyons, GAApril 11, 2012
Pros: bonuses for shirt campaign
Cons: first aid care
I ENJOYED WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY. THEY GIVE A LOT OF TRAINING TO EMPLOYEES.

About CHICKEN OF THE SEA

Tri-Union Seafoods tries hard to unite seafood lovers under the Chicken of the Sea and other banners. The company, which does – Read more