CHICKEN OF THE SEA Employee Reviews

Very quite
Deductions Representative (Accounts Receivable) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2017
Nice work place- Manager, supervisor very nice- Work as a team.
Bad part is they are moving the company to LA. Have a set off friends to have lunch and chat.
Pros
Summer casual
Cons
Relocating
Not a good work place
Tray pack/ Bundler operator (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAMarch 16, 2017
This is a very hard company to work for. If you are one minute late from break or anything for that matter you will be wrote up. Although they have insurance its very expressive and doesn't carry much coverage. The supervisor there are some what mean. They think they can talk to any way they want to including threatening to fire you for someone else's mistake or failure to work
Pros
Cons
Everything about the jobs there are cons
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAMarch 15, 2017
Make sure you greet customers as they enter once you have collected the order(s) thank them and give them time in which their food would received (ready) after all clean up.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Nice work environment
Sanatation lead (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Not enough hourly pay for the job task. The supervisors that are in charge know very little about job and responsibilities of others they are in charge of.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Supervisor Wack of knowledge of the job
Bad management
Recut (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GADecember 28, 2016
The managers are unprofessional and inexperienced..my co workers were great and we worked well as a team..i remember the incident of me getting fired..the whole situation was handled unprofessional..
Pros
Spinning the wheel on monday's
Cons
Lazy management
productive
Production Tech (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GADecember 14, 2016
Claxton poultry is a great experience.i enjoyed my stay at claxton poultry. I really wish I didn't have to leave claxton poultry. we dealt with chicken.i worked in pricing.
Alright
Loin Feeder/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GANovember 1, 2016
Not the best not the worst. Great supervisors. They have monthly drawings where everyone has the chance to win throughout their time at the job. Overall it's an alright place.
Easy working place
Forklift Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAOctober 17, 2016
I drove a forklift all day pulling and stacking orders. The best part of this job was coming in in the mornings. Management made the work place very inviting. My co-workers were easy to get along with and they made the day fun. The hardest part of this job was nothing.
productive workplace, very clean and sanitary.
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 26, 2016
I learned about handling Tuna. I think the job was properly obtained. The work was not very hard and they offered proper training.
Pros
4 day work schedule
Cons
Tuna smells horrible
My co-workers
Inventory Clerk, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAOctober 22, 2015
To be able to work with the people that were in the same department as I was made the job flow a lot easier because we were able to get along very well with each other, which made production and quality of the product better.
Pros
opportunities for over time
Cons
poor health benefits
productive
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAJune 11, 2015
very organized workplace
the people are friendly
easy to get overtime hours
pay is not that well but reasonable for the work you do
easy to move up if you work hard
Productive job with long hours.
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAMay 5, 2015
A typical day at work was me getting my people to the work area to begin working. I put labels on cans made sure the line was running the way it should be. I was a machine operator and trained employees who was on my line to become machine operators. The hardest part of my job was the long hours everyday and the most enjoyable was I was the lead man and I had the chance to show people what I knew to help them grow with the company.
Really needs an Union!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAMarch 23, 2015
They have very strict rules and when you mess up, they are quick to want to replace you. When you first work there you are working as an temp. and have to bid for an job. I think that is ridiculous. The job is very easy and another thing i don't like is that last day of the week you don't know what time you are getting off on night shift which i think is unfair.
Pros
They give 3 breaks, work is easy.
Cons
They don't have an good health plan, you are not guaranteed to work for the company permentant.
Looking for a job in Dublin, ga.
Manager of Production Planning (Current Employee) –  vidalia,gaFebruary 23, 2015
A growing company with excellent people/ teamwork spirit.
My day at work consists of management of 130 people.
The most enjoyable part of my job is reaching company goals and watch my team smile. the hardest part of my job is firing people.
Good Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GANovember 29, 2014
It was a fairly good place to work at. You learnt a lot about the things you may need to build your own house. I learnt plumbing, paints, gardening, and also I learnt different piece of wood. The co-workers treated you with respect because they had the same rules as cashiers but management wasn't worth the job, they treated the cashiers with no respect.
Pros
The experience of learning different areas
Cons
The management.
Overall the job itself was great.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lyons, GANovember 12, 2014
A typical day included operating my machine and performing regular warehouse duties. I learned alot from my peers about being promote and patient. I think management needs to be improved to make the company run smoother. The hardest part of the job was the 12hr/shifts 5 days a week. I loved the hands-on experience working on my machine.
Productive environment,
Food Safety Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAAugust 19, 2014
A typical day working at Chicken of the Sea was completing GMP and Food Safety Audits. I would choose an area and pull the Standard Operating Procedures and audit the employee working the area that day to make sure the employee knew how to properly perform the job. I learned Basic HACCP for canning tuna, and how to take and give constructive corrective criticism. The hardest part of the job was when I would try to perform a job that I was not familiar with while I was completing the audit. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around some of the employees that were on the lines trying to out work other lines.
Pros
Learning the process of canning tuna.
Cons
The hours that i was working at the time was a 10 hour spilt shift.
Unfair
Repack Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAMay 8, 2014
I appreciated the opportunity given by this corporation but I was not pleased with the supervision.
Great place to work, but went through financial hard times
Purchasing Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAFebruary 8, 2014
• Developed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Work Instructions, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the purchasing/planning department
• Ensured departmental compliance with all applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures; initiated any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations
• Assisted with preparation of annual budget; monitored status of budget; identified budgetary changes in patterns; assisted in planning long and short term capital purchases for the department and/or the Utility; secured prices on equipment and vehicles for departmental use in preparing budgets
• Conducted or supervised internal audit of financial transactions, funds, and records; coordinated audits by external auditors; located documentation to assist auditors in conducting audits
• Submitted forecasts to allocate product against annual contracts with both domestic and international suppliers
• Monitored/analyzed trends and market conditions for the present and future pricing, lead-time, and availability
• Negotiated pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors.
• Strategically interviewed, identified, and qualified potential new vendors or suppliers in order to secure more cost-effective sources of meats, ingredients, and packaging
• Implemented and enforced supplier and vendor guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements
• Monitored inventory levels to assist the company’s cash position
A productive and fun work place with very nice people.
shiner (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GAFebruary 5, 2014
A typical day at chicken of the sea was to do your job, laugh and talk, meet production and go home. Management was great. I loved my co-workers. There wasn't anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was when we would draw tickects and when money.
Pros
Get gift cards and win money.
Cons
standing on feet for 12 hours and shorts breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHICKEN OF THE SEA. Our community is ready to answer.

CHICKEN OF THE SEA Reviews by Location