Chico's FAS Employee Reviews in United States

Busy, exciting, friendly, hardworkers
Assistant to Senior Vice President-Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 23, 2016
Coming from the Medical Field, this position has taught me the start to finish in designing women's clothing. Very fast paced and long hours. I have never worked with such great people who are always upbeat, hard working and dedicated to the business whether a good day of business or bad. The hardest part of my job would be learning the timeframes of the different seasons. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to learn something new everyday in a totally different field then what I am use to.
Pros
Summer Hours
Cons
Healthcare
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 19, 2016
Wonderful place to work, great associates and wonderful customers.
I love helping our customers find their perfect outfits and we have great team work in our store
no work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCAugust 17, 2016
Not fair within the values of the company. will not be happy when we make our numbers. the customers are great though, no growth opportunities within the company
Unfair practices
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denville, NJAugust 16, 2016
The atmosphere at Chicos is pressure filled and unfair at multiple levels. They expect full availability yet may cut your shift with little or no notice. You are competing for sales with sales managers who are already getting 40 hours and bonuses as opposed to your (as little as 4 hour work weeks).
The management team clearly show favoritism when it comes to scheduling and provide hours to employees who are willing to do their less desired tasks. Claims that hours are based on performance are false, since the manager spends hours manipulating the schedule to her desired outcome once the computer has released it.

District Managers and Regional Mangers allow unfair business practices to continue as long as the store is performing and making their numbers.

Also, attempts to contact Human Resources are made difficult and only meager attempts at placating are encountered. No results or steps are taken to investigate or remedy a situation once complaints are brought to light.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks depending on scheduling
A company truly focused on the customer experience!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 4, 2016
What impressed me about Chicos from day one was their intense focus on providing excellent customer service and empowering their associates to provide just that!
Fun Productive working envirnoment
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work for me was managing the unexpected from visits by corporate executives, to receiving, logging in, and distributing as many as 200 boxes of stock. I learned how to work with folks who thought differently than me and to soothe "ruffled feathers" when needed. The hardest part of my job by far was our whole store inventory accomplished in one day! We always made it! The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying a customer's need. This always gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

Managed entire store inventory including; day to day, monthly and year end needs. Ensured that all inventory items were correctly received and distributed. Effectively juggled multiple priority tasks including large stock orders and multiple positions to eliminate personnel shortages. Incorporated thoughts and ideas of team members working towards a cohesive plan providing excellent customer service. Exceeding customer needs and expectations was by far the most enjoyable part of my job.
The manager always makes sure there's snacks
Sales Associate/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJuly 23, 2016
The manager always makes sure there's snacks in the break room area, she does it out of the kindness of her heart and her own pocket.
Under the current store manager this was a healthy, productive work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJuly 20, 2016
This is retail. Customer service and sales are the highest priorities. The store has high merchandising standards and has taught me a lot about good branding and merchandising. It is a consistent brand and delivers a consistent image through out its many stores. They appreciate and reward hard work and making sales plan.
Chico's isn't a place to work if enjoy spending time with your family.
Universal Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 17, 2016
The work hours a Chico's FAS can be horrible for a new employee. The hardest part of the job is my work schedule; I'm never off on the weekends, I've worked on every holiday, and I never have time for myself nor my family.
Pros
Nice working enviroment
Cons
Horrible work schedule
great place to work
fashion desgner (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2016
Overall used to be a great place to work. Benefits are still great but the work life balance is tough. To their credit, management is working hard to fix the problems.
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 2, 2016
Great place to work, i enjoyed every moment at Chico's. This company really cares for its employees and offers benefits. Big call center operated 24/7 with various associates such as Sales stylists, customer service representative, IT, Supervisors. All hands on deck operation to provide faster service.
Love clothing
Sales Associate- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 29, 2016
Loved dressing my ladies every day. I always loved the latest fashion styles. The turn over in this particular store is and was high. I love people in general. There was nothing hard about the position.
Productive and fun work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
Great opportunities to advance in this company. The co-worker make this place pleasant and a lot of fun. We all work together as a team to reach our goals.
Great Company/Awesome benefits
Induction/Picking/Packout-Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJune 20, 2016
What a great feeling to love to come to work and have fun with your employee's while reaching the goal set for the company for a given day.
Your job is not a positive place to work if you have a negative and non sympathetic manager!
Store associate (Current Employee) –  Potomac Mills, VAJune 6, 2016
It's a good company.
•You don't get enough hours
-The way your hours work are by how much you sell, so if you're not selling well..then you don't get a lot of hours. Which is ridiculous because, you're kind of stuck in a bad position..it's hard to get your sales back up to the positive if you don't have any hours.
• Awful salary
- You don't get paid enough for what you do
• Manager does not have the correct mindset and skills to work with employees, many of my fellow employees feel the same way. Does not reinforce positivity and praise of employees, which is imperative if you want your staff to succeed and excel.
Productive and fun place to work
Picking Associate (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 17, 2016
How to take on multiple task at a high percentage rate.Bring a good attitude to work everyday. Work hard with quality and efficient work.
picker and packer
Picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Chicos, it was a fun place to work and I enjoyed the people there, everyone was real nice to me. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for 12 hours straight. I learned so much about the things that they do and bring to the people around everywhere.
Most Amazing to Work, Learn and Grow
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 16, 2016
Chico's has provided the most excellent corporate environment that I have ever experienced. Associates are hard-working and dedicated because of the value placed on respectful communication with customers and co-workers alike.
productive and fun work place to work
Gift wrapping (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 12, 2016
I learned how to use a pallet jack, the other workers there are helpful, there was nothing hard about the job. what I liked most about the job is it is a great experiment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
customer service
Winder Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 11, 2016
An open variety of people with a varity of personalities liked when the customer left the conversation feeling at ease of how we left the conversation.
Pros
great oppurtunities for advancement
Cons
too many stipulations on who gets what posistion