Chico's FAS Employee Reviews

Review for Hillcrest Family Services
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Work/ Life balance was not good...I was replaced with two people - star rating would be a 2 - would not let me change. I was replaced by two people. Overload of work, minimal support from management. Learned an extreme amount about the counseling industry. Actual counseling was my favorite part of the job.
Pros
Loved counseling
Cons
Low wages, poor work/homelife balance
Under the current store manager this was a healthy, productive work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJuly 20, 2016
This is retail. Customer service and sales are the highest priorities. The store has high merchandising standards and has taught me a lot about good branding and merchandising. It is a consistent brand and delivers a consistent image through out its many stores. They appreciate and reward hard work and making sales plan.
Friendly Staff
Chicos Style Expert (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed the whole time I worked there, unfortunately I had to leave because I was unable to maintain a standard of living with the pay and hours provided. If I would have been able to provide for myself better, I would have loved to stay. Everyone who worked there treated me like family, and it was always an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Fun work environment, great management
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Management issues, they bring in new management and they keep who they like.
Senior Coordinator, Sales Audit (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 2, 2016
Worked their 10 1/2 yrs let go to cut backs
They are bringing in College kids who due their internship at Chico's then they hire them to take over employee jobs who have been their for yrs.
Pros
Health club, clinic
Cons
Bring in young management who Do not care about the dedicated employees
Poor Management
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 2, 2016
The work is basically enjoyable except the higher management and executives are extreme micro-managers who do not give you a chance to do your best. Much frustration and unhappiness.
Friendly and talented co-worker. Fair compensation and benefits
Pros
Great co-workers, good work-life balance, fair salary and benefits
Cons
Micro-managing executives
Chico's isn't a place to work if enjoy spending time with your family.
Universal Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 17, 2016
The work hours a Chico's FAS can be horrible for a new employee. The hardest part of the job is my work schedule; I'm never off on the weekends, I've worked on every holiday, and I never have time for myself nor my family.
Pros
Nice working enviroment
Cons
Horrible work schedule
No viable room for advancement
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, GAJune 16, 2015
Work starts after exercise and a review of the goals for the day. It can be very fast paced when the workload is heavy. The staff must learn to adjust to each task as it becomes necessary. Management has definitely changed over the years and there has been a lot of changes with the company as sales have fluctuated. It has been a joy to work with many different types of people from different backgrounds.
Pros
A great shift schedule
Cons
Insurance benefits are too high
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  winder, GASeptember 16, 2015
excellent benefits, many shift available, discount in the inside store.
equal opportunity of growing. excellent management.
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 2, 2016
Great place to work, i enjoyed every moment at Chico's. This company really cares for its employees and offers benefits. Big call center operated 24/7 with various associates such as Sales stylists, customer service representative, IT, Supervisors. All hands on deck operation to provide faster service.
A company truly focused on the customer experience!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 4, 2016
What impressed me about Chicos from day one was their intense focus on providing excellent customer service and empowering their associates to provide just that!
a place to work comfortably and at your own pace
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 20, 2016
i would make and pack boxes. send them on the line. make sure orders were correct. put orders together. i was trained to work in different departments in the warehouse as well.
Nice place terrible benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNAugust 16, 2015
Management was difficult to work with and typically would undermine employees. Benefits are lacking, although the environment was very pleasant.
Be careful
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 19, 2016
This company has had many layoffs over the years. Many hard and seasoned staff are/were let go to make the numbers work for board of directors.
Pros
Benefits are okay.
Cons
No future growth or job safety.
fun place to work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 8, 2015
i love working here, great benefits, great customers and fabulous coworkers! everyday is different from the next because you always have new cujtomers
Chicos a great place to work
Sales Lead/Mgr (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CADecember 10, 2014
Chicos was a wonderful place to work. Great sales team, great products, and I learned most of my management skills from that store. I would love to work at another positive place like that in the near future. The most enjoyable part was unpacking the beautiful shipment and merchandising the floor. The products were so well made and beautiful. Everyone loved doing the jewelry when that came in to unpack. Management was very fair and great with employees. I loved our team. I was lead sales so I would have to coach others to show them goals for the day and tasks to be done. It was enjoyable and rewarding when we made sales plan.
Pros
great discounts on items at store.
Cons
health care benefits could have been a bit better
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 19, 2016
Wonderful place to work, great associates and wonderful customers.
I love helping our customers find their perfect outfits and we have great team work in our store
no work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCAugust 17, 2016
Not fair within the values of the company. will not be happy when we make our numbers. the customers are great though, no growth opportunities within the company
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 3, 2016
The customers are stubborn, they are mean, and they treat the employees like scum. Occasionally, there is a nice customer who makes you happy to be at work. Your fellow employees will try to steal your commissions and they will almost run you over to get to the customers first. Long hours will little reward.
Love clothing
Sales Associate- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 29, 2016
Loved dressing my ladies every day. I always loved the latest fashion styles. The turn over in this particular store is and was high. I love people in general. There was nothing hard about the position.
I worked for the past 7 years as a part time employee of Chico's FAS as an ambassador
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 17, 2016
I worked 27 years as a social worker for the State of Alabama and the past 7 years as an ambassador for Chico's FAS. I greeted customer and assisted them in whatever was needed. If I was unable to assist customers I referred them to a sales person. I learned the grace of meeting people and being helpful. I loved and got along with each worker. The hardest part was being on my feet for my work shift. The most enjoyable part was meeting and inter-acting with customers and other employees