Chico's FAS Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly enviroments
Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
Great job; wonderful working environment. Management was very flexible with my hours. it was a pleasure to be apart of that team.
Chico's was a great experience
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I love serving people so my favorite part about working at Chico's was serving our customers

I enjoyed set the daily goals for the store and employees and LOVED when we meet or exceed our sales goals

The team worked truly as a team. Everyone was always willing to help one another become a better employee and striving to exceed the customers expectations

They offer a bonus on each and every sale so you are the captain of your earning potential.
Pros
A great work/life balance that is hard to find in retail
Cons
Advancement opportunity limited;
Very Stressful place to work
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Management is rude, disrespectful, and they do not care about their employees at all. i have so glad i do not work here anymore. they do not pay well.
mixed feelings
Seattle, Wa - Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 29, 2016
i loved a lot about this company and job. I mainly love the customer base and the co workers i had. upper management went downhill once CEO changed. I left when a lot of changes where being made due to not liking the culture that was beginning to form. They also do not pay
Productive fast paced environment
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 29, 2016
Very well run company - blended in right away - coworkers were great - worked on a salary plus commission so I had to be self motivated. I learned to work with all personality types, which was the more enjoyable part of the job. I had a fantastic manager who was nice , yet motivating - I learned how to become self motivated.
Pros
Excited to meet people on all levels of life.
Cons
Part time - no healthcare
Exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 15, 2016
very busy, bettered my multitasking skills, management and co-workers where awesome, hardest part of the job would be making sure every piece of clothing had a tag, most enjoyable part of the job was seeing new faces everyday.
Pros
customer service
Cons
commission
Productive and fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mayfair/Brookfield locationDecember 5, 2016
Customers were always a pleasure to work with
There was lots of busy work
The most enjoyable part of my jobs was being on the floor and helping my associates complete outfits for our customers
Productive school of retail
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 30, 2016
I begun at SOMA Intimates as a Assistant Manager where I learn all management process like recruit, evaluates and coaches associates through develops strategies to increase sales.
Good Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2016
Even as a part-time employee at Chico's, I was entitled to receive health benefits. I received a base wage plus commission on all the sales I made. The management was caring and helped me to improve my communication and sales skills. I'd work there again. It's a good place to be.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, mentorship
Cons
Physically demanding.
Love Chicos, Don't Love Some of the Policies
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NORTHEASTNovember 22, 2016
Pros:
This is a great company to work for, a true family culture and all the people are pretty great, including upper management.
Pay seems better that some competitors, easy to make personal bonus money .. not so easy to hit monthly targets.

Cons:
Online returns being taken out of store sales is demoralizing to management and staff.
Market is too saturated in some areas, hard to get customers loyal to your store.
productive and fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 17, 2016
work from home its a good place for stay at home moms. I had no manager behind me its work at your own pace. always busy especial during the holidays.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
A great company who lives by its values
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 17, 2016
Chicos is a company that practices its #1 value of customers first at all times. Always on the cutting edge of fashion. It was a pleasure to work with an amazing group of leaders.
Sales Associate, Style Expert (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 16, 2016
Chico's was a great place to work. There was ample chance for advancement. They offer mostly part time work, and in most cases, no benefits. Therefore, their staff is primarily persons of a certain age, who do not require benefits.
Pros
All good
The Hiring Manager was great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2016
The culture is specific to the level of appreciation that a company gives their employees. This company was great to work for when we had a team that was coherent.
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
Open 7 days a week
Assistant Merchant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 13, 2016
Great place to work; undergoing restructure to better the companies future. Must be organized and able to multitask to be successful at your position.
Productive and fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 3, 2016
Great chance to meet wonderful people. Hardest part was the inconsistent schedule due to inadequate staff, but that is something that could change easily with additional associates.
Love the clothes and customers
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 2, 2016
I love the clothing and I helping women find the right items for their shape and size. The hardest part of the job is being expected to drive numbers up on days when there are more returns than sales and the sales staff is blamed for the numbers being poor. The best part of my job is seeing a woman's face light up when she sees herself in an outfit or outfits that I've helped her pick and she feels beautiful.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inconsistent schedule and no benefits
Struggling College student
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 1, 2016
Not a job for a College student trying to pay tuition.Every simple job for retired woman or men with a lot of time on their hands.Managers are wonderful and helpful,understanding when it comes to school.But the pay barely pays my rent and hours are very little.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short breaks, Slow days, pay
Terrible demeaning treatment of employee meaning myself
Sales assiciate (Former Employee) –  Deer Psrk, NYOctober 20, 2016
Worst retail experience I have ever had and I have many years in retail. The manager constantly brow beat you and told you what u we're doing wrong sarcastic and ruthless. She stole your sales which were commission on top of her own plus her salary and bonuses. No breaks . Just my worst retail experience . Pay horrible for all my experience . I would NEVER recommend this company especially the one I worked for in Deer Park ranger outlets!! beware!!
Pros
Cons
No breaks, sales cut throats, psycho manager in Deer Park
Flexible work environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHOctober 7, 2016
- either preparing store for opening or closing; assisting customers, resolving customer issues
- how Chico's customers are different in other regions of the country and adapting to a new kind of customer
- management is laid back and flexible to staff and customer needs
- co-workers are easy to get along with
- adjusting to a smaller volume store
- meeting new people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chico's FAS. Our community is ready to answer.