Chico's FAS Employee Reviews

Fun retail store
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXNovember 11, 2017
I enjoyed Chico's. It was fun to see new merchandise come in. All the customers were great. The clothing line is awesome. Our discount was wonderful.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Selective mentoring
Sr Coordinator Bank Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 6, 2017
Managers lacked the ability to mentor associates and showed a lack of respect to reports.
The best part was going to the gym during lunch or after work.
Pros
Health Center on Campus
Cons
Lack of department meetings.
Do not work for Chicos FAS companies
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 5, 2017
No home life balance as was stated. You have a schedule that constantly changes with little to no notice. This company is a joke and i would not recommend anyone to work here. Listen to others in other reviews. There is a lot of favoritism in stores and with corperare management. Older ladies acting like children. Environment is okay but again you deal with a lot of ridiculous issues from other employees. Too many tedious projects to do that are a waste of time in some stores.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
No coverage, no set schedule, horrible management, favoritism, no home life, too much to do with little time given
Nice work environment
SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
Chicos is a overall nice and relaxed place to work. The management is fair and honest. Like any other retail job the day to day work has highs and lows but overall it is a pleasant place to work.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marco Island, FLOctober 29, 2017
This is a fun place to work with nice people. Management was great to work for and was easy to work around my schedule. The pay is not great though and I would recommend Chico's raising their pay.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Not a great place to work
Merchandise Planner - DTC (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 27, 2017
I relocated to work at this company but the culture was not very pleasant and wasn't a friendly place to work.

Managers are not very good at relating to workers and their is not enough support for employees. The job is extremely stressful and the people are not friendly.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Very competitive
Poor
Merchandising/Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 24, 2017
NO respect for employees or there families. Does not show any support for new mothers with sick children. No benefits will use you up and make sure they adjust the hours not to become a fulltime employee.
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 23, 2017
The company overall was a good experience and customers were the best part of my day. Typical days were busy with new merch being put out and changing around all the products. Never met the region manager and very rarely had interaction with corporate.
Mean Girls
Sr. Executive Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 20, 2017
Chico's has lost it's culture. If your not in the in crowd you are on the line to get fired. It's not about your skills its about who you know in Chico's.
Great Job!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 20, 2017
This job really expanded my knowledge with management. Because of the management experience I received in this company in has opened me up to so many other opportunities .
Chicos salary is less than most customer service phone representatives
CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE ASSOCIATE Chico's FAS (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAOctober 17, 2017
The pay includes bonuses however associates are divided up supposedly by percentage so that associates who meet metrix are the ones who get all sales calls, while associates who do not meet the top twenty get all customer service calls. This has divided the team spirit that Chicos supposedly encourages in the company. This does not give the associates who take customer service any chance of getting on the top 20. This is the typical day at work. I have learned many new things about selling clothing, accessories and shoes. The hardest part of the job is how associates are critiqued on phone calls as not everyone says the same exact things. The company has a script they want everyone to say the exact same thing. The most enjoyable part is receiving calls from customers who appreciate you for a good job done!
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Poor management
Culture that rewards hard work
Director, Brand Marketing Strategy (Chico's Brand) (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 16, 2017
Chico's promotes transparency and advancement across the family of brands. Collaborative cross functional teams work towards the success of the brand, the company and the individual.
Decent enough work place, but unable to separate business from personal
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 16, 2017
The people who generally shop there are extremely "entitled" individuals-- and they will throw it in your face. I am unfortunately biased on this particular thing as I have little patience for persons who will turn their nose up at anything and everything. Most of the coworkers are friendly enough, though a majority of them are in their late 40's and up-- this makes for competitive business and a lot of back work for the younger associates who the workload gets shifted onto. On too many occasions do the associates become cut-throat with each other and forget to separate business with personal since the work is able to be commissioned. They then sulk in their duties and don't really interact with the clientele properly (i.e.- becoming snappy with them or dismissive), or they are stood chatting away among themselves and just wave a hand at a new walk-in.
Pros
discounts, commission, project management
Cons
attitudes, high-stress, low-pay
Great training, Outstanding Product
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 15, 2017
Thorough training in Chico's culture of selling. Product is easy to sell as it's a very well made, affordable product. Love my management team. Bonus structure is adequate.
Pros
product, training
Cons
short break time, could use another 5 minutes
Great work place.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAOctober 13, 2017
Good management and good coworkers. I am looking forward to working with Chico's everyday. We sometimes wish that there would be work everyday, but it is okay for some slower seasons.
Great until new store manager
Assitant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
I was with the company for three years and got promoted twice. I love the clothes and working with the customers, but my store had three different managers during my time. The current manager is why I left. She is controlling and takes all the sales. I spoke to the district manager but nothing was done.
Not a store for a shy person. You must be agressive to make $$
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 10, 2017
Typically your work schedule depends on if the store makes its' numbers. So you only received your schedule one week in advance. District manager is extremely wired!! You may or may not receive an annual raise. But you are still expected to give 100%, which I did.
Pros
some great team members
Cons
district manager; mall hours
Fun place if you are a people person and love selling.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2017
I left because some of the women were too greedy. Otherwise I enjoyed the work and working with the women customers and suggesting outfits to fit them. My manager, Ann, was super. I learned never to work another job on commission with other women.
Pros
Fun atmosphere.
Cons
Too much phone work and time off the selling floor.
opportunity for advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 7, 2017
I genuinely enjoyed my time working for Chico's. I worked for a fabulous store manager and district manager. The company provided fair benefits as well as a generous bonus structure.
it was a nice place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Fairview, PAOctober 5, 2017
Chico's was my first real bartending job again I learned a lot it's just a place that again there was no room for advancement I was looking for somewhere where I could work my way up and possibly become a manager and being a bartender there is no room for advancement at a place like that
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chico's FAS. Our community is ready to answer.