Chico's FAS Employee Reviews

Flexible work environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHOctober 7, 2016
- either preparing store for opening or closing; assisting customers, resolving customer issues
- how Chico's customers are different in other regions of the country and adapting to a new kind of customer
- management is laid back and flexible to staff and customer needs
- co-workers are easy to get along with
- adjusting to a smaller volume store
- meeting new people
Where are the hours?
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boutique, USOctober 2, 2016
We have a great work team, but Chicos hires a lot of part time sales associates for one store and there are SO few hours given! Some weeks you may not have any hours! Over a two week period, it's often no more than 15 hours! Forget having hours after the first of the year. The boutique is run by management only! It's financially impossible to work here unless you have another income.

I love everything about the position itself. We help clients find what makes them feel beautiful.

Our personal discount is very good.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
Very Low Hours if Part Time!
great first job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAOctober 1, 2016
this is a great first job for someone who has never worked. it can also be good for a person needing to get back on their feet.
workplace
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 29, 2016
i was working at chico's and i was sorting clothes and jewels and winter stuff getting ready for Christmas and i was checking the prices on the clothes and jewel and i really enjoyed working there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Nice environment to work in
SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 28, 2016
The women are wonderful to work with and the customers and fun to interact with. The products we sell are beautiful and we keep up to date with the latest trends.
The People and clothes discount make it a great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 21, 2016
The people are great and the discounts on clothes are awesome! Another great perk is the onsite gym that is available 24 hours 7 days a week. Lots of leadership changes which changes the culture often. Leadership ask for your feedback and input, but Director level does not utilize the input of their leadership team which would help offset pitfalls and increase morale.
Pros
Company Store, Gym and People
Cons
You have no voice to drive change, no support and stress levels can be high
a place to work comfortably and at your own pace
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 20, 2016
i would make and pack boxes. send them on the line. make sure orders were correct. put orders together. i was trained to work in different departments in the warehouse as well.
Be careful
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 19, 2016
This company has had many layoffs over the years. Many hard and seasoned staff are/were let go to make the numbers work for board of directors.
Pros
Benefits are okay.
Cons
No future growth or job safety.
Very productive and fun place to work great co-workers
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 16, 2016
Increased sales through excellent customer service while coaching team to
achieve goals and build customer rapport   Decreased shrink results by controlling all aspects of the retail business  Controlled payroll expense, and kept under budget with a full staff
Pros
BONUS SYSTEM PRETTY GOOD EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT
Cons
DON'T LIKE TO FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO OVER BARE THE CUSTOMER
Review for Hillcrest Family Services
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Work/ Life balance was not good...I was replaced with two people - star rating would be a 2 - would not let me change. I was replaced by two people. Overload of work, minimal support from management. Learned an extreme amount about the counseling industry. Actual counseling was my favorite part of the job.
Pros
Loved counseling
Cons
Low wages, poor work/homelife balance
Poor Management
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 2, 2016
The work is basically enjoyable except the higher management and executives are extreme micro-managers who do not give you a chance to do your best. Much frustration and unhappiness.
Friendly and talented co-worker. Fair compensation and benefits
Pros
Great co-workers, good work-life balance, fair salary and benefits
Cons
Micro-managing executives
Management issues, they bring in new management and they keep who they like.
Senior Coordinator, Sales Audit (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 2, 2016
Worked their 10 1/2 yrs let go to cut backs
They are bringing in College kids who due their internship at Chico's then they hire them to take over employee jobs who have been their for yrs.
Pros
Health club, clinic
Cons
Bring in young management who Do not care about the dedicated employees
A fun place to work, shop, and feel beautiful
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 27, 2016
Chicos FAS is a great company. It was a fast paced job that always keeps you on your feet. Management is well trained, but very corporate. There was little rooms for mistakes. Co-workers were fun, but the job is very competitive. High sales goals were stressful and hard to accomplish during slow seasons. I loved the fast paced environment. It was enjoyable to meet so many different people, and help women feel beautiful.
Pros
Fashion shows, Fun atmosphere
Cons
Short hours, short breaks
Busy, exciting, friendly, hardworkers
Assistant to Senior Vice President-Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 23, 2016
Coming from the Medical Field, this position has taught me the start to finish in designing women's clothing. Very fast paced and long hours. I have never worked with such great people who are always upbeat, hard working and dedicated to the business whether a good day of business or bad. The hardest part of my job would be learning the timeframes of the different seasons. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to learn something new everyday in a totally different field then what I am use to.
Pros
Summer Hours
Cons
Healthcare
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 19, 2016
Wonderful place to work, great associates and wonderful customers.
I love helping our customers find their perfect outfits and we have great team work in our store
no work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCAugust 17, 2016
Not fair within the values of the company. will not be happy when we make our numbers. the customers are great though, no growth opportunities within the company
Unfair practices
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denville, NJAugust 16, 2016
The atmosphere at Chicos is pressure filled and unfair at multiple levels. They expect full availability yet may cut your shift with little or no notice. You are competing for sales with sales managers who are already getting 40 hours and bonuses as opposed to your (as little as 4 hour work weeks).
The management team clearly show favoritism when it comes to scheduling and provide hours to employees who are willing to do their less desired tasks. Claims that hours are based on performance are false, since the manager spends hours manipulating the schedule to her desired outcome once the computer has released it.

District Managers and Regional Mangers allow unfair business practices to continue as long as the store is performing and making their numbers.

Also, attempts to contact Human Resources are made difficult and only meager attempts at placating are encountered. No results or steps are taken to investigate or remedy a situation once complaints are brought to light.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks depending on scheduling
A company truly focused on the customer experience!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 4, 2016
What impressed me about Chicos from day one was their intense focus on providing excellent customer service and empowering their associates to provide just that!
Fun Productive working envirnoment
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work for me was managing the unexpected from visits by corporate executives, to receiving, logging in, and distributing as many as 200 boxes of stock. I learned how to work with folks who thought differently than me and to soothe "ruffled feathers" when needed. The hardest part of my job by far was our whole store inventory accomplished in one day! We always made it! The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying a customer's need. This always gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

Managed entire store inventory including; day to day, monthly and year end needs. Ensured that all inventory items were correctly received and distributed. Effectively juggled multiple priority tasks including large stock orders and multiple positions to eliminate personnel shortages. Incorporated thoughts and ideas of team members working towards a cohesive plan providing excellent customer service. Exceeding customer needs and expectations was by far the most enjoyable part of my job.
The manager always makes sure there's snacks
Sales Associate/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJuly 23, 2016
The manager always makes sure there's snacks in the break room area, she does it out of the kindness of her heart and her own pocket.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chico's FAS. Our community is ready to answer.