Chico's FAS Employee Reviews

Temporary
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAOctober 3, 2017
This job is basic temporary. The company is a good company to work for if you can get on permanent. The pay is a little low. But the work is easy, a little fast paced especially through Christmas.
Ok place to work
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 24, 2017
Ok place to work, but if working 12 hrs a day, need to have better pay. Other then that it is a ideal job for someone just starting out, or a high school graduate.
Pros
A the weekdays off
Cons
Low pay
all about shar
Field Trainer, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 21, 2017
The company had unreasonable accounting around driving email among their customers. Customers whom are at the baby boomers age who don't want you to email or have their personal information. The dm lied and was dishonest they are about them selves not about their people
Wonderful staff
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Clothes sell themselves, lovely environment, wonderful staff, team players, low stress, great pace flow. Training is wonderful. Very low turnover in staff.
Pros
Employee discount
Nice place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHSeptember 13, 2017
It was a nice place to work. The benefits were excellent, Work life balance was good except during busy season. The product has changed over the years but the quality is still there.
Love this place
Picker (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 13, 2017
Love the people. Work was great. Just scan and load the correct amount and more on. The fast pace and the friendly people made work even better. If I was able to work there again I would
Pros
team work all around
Cons
non
Flexibility in work schedule
Sales, Stage Set and outstanding customer service (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZSeptember 12, 2017
Great for part-time work. The hardest part of the job was not knowing well into advance what your schedule to work is. The best part of the job were getting to know the customers.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
low wage
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNSeptember 11, 2017
Coming from a job that was very stressful, the atmosphere was fun and easy going. Everyone is very helpful, down to earth, easy to get along with as well as supportive.
Great Place to work
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 10, 2017
Love this place, I really learned alot. I enjoy going to work each day. Pretty secure , always opportunity for growth. Many training opportunists and such
It was good while it lasted...
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 9, 2017
It's changing now, but at one time this was not the best place to be. You feel so insecure in any role due to the instability of the company. I do miss my team they were (are)great!
low stress job but poor management
lead (Current Employee) –  Auburn, GASeptember 6, 2017
Low stress high energy job. you need to be self motivated or you will not do well. Hardest part is dealing with the constantly changing management.Each new manager comes in with a different agenda. Hard to advance.
Pros
low stress
Cons
management
Fun place to interact with clients
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYSeptember 5, 2017
My duties at Chico's consisted of opening or closing of the store in a support role to the Store Manager and Assistant Manager. My focus was on client service and sales. Interacting with clients for sales was always exciting. The best challenges I faced were when a client would come in with a product return and I would convert that into a sales opportunity.
poorly managed
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2017
I have work for Chicos for 5 years and have found that the managers from the District to the Assistant are unorganized and poorly managed on all levels. They have unrealistic goals and it should be a requirement that a person in management have some form of prior education in the field of management. I am pretty much dealing with managers that are unqualified to lead and manage.
pretty good
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAAugust 27, 2017
the new CEO will run this business to the ground very soon. but its stable the bonus is excellent and the pay is average, no real advancing though. the holiday season is hectic.
Pros
monthly bonuses
Cons
no real advancement
great product and clientele
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Twp, PAAugust 26, 2017
Loved the clientele and the products. I love sales and for having been a job in a retail environment, I was able to schedule my hours based on my family needs fairly well.
Pros
product and clientele
Cons
hours, benefits
The original business platform was quite brilliant in its new way of defining the retail missy customer
Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 24, 2017
The company lacked infrastructure and lost ground as leadership shifted in mid 2000.
Competition was fierce and I felt as if the company leaders lost their focus for what their previously enormous success was based on.
Pros
Concept on which business was started
Cons
Lack of focus on company/customer identity with the resignation of a company leader
Working at Chico's
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 22, 2017
You work under pressure because there are goals to comply with. The workplace culture theory is great;respect, integrity, vibrant spirit, customer is first. I love retailing because it let you create that connection with customers.As Manager you have to comply with different areas:operations, administrative work,merchandising, visual and team building and development, daily monitoring and coaching.The hardest part was to keep a peaceful and fun environment, you have to work daily to keep the team motivated. The most enjoyable part is when you see real appreciation from your team, a smile because of customer satisfaction, and when your boss tells you that "You are an Amazing Leader".
A great place to work.
Top 50 Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 20, 2017
Great opportunities career and upward mobility. Learning environment that builds solid skills applicable in all retail environments. Solid work life balance.
Customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 19, 2017
I got a chance to build relationship with my customers. They would recommend me to their friends and family because of my style expertise and customer service.
Chicos- Failing Retailer
Merchandising, Accessories/Swim/Lounge (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 19, 2017
In 2012, I was offered the "opportunity of a lifetime" to move to Florida and work for one of the industry's top retailers. They offered full relocation and VERY competitive compensation.
The truth is, management does not like associates who want to run their business. They only want soldiers or robots who do as they are told. The possibility of growth and development is minimal.
Chico's has now gone through several restructures, leaving those who are impacted with very little severance.
It is, sadly, not a great place to work, as they claim...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chico's FAS. Our community is ready to answer.