Linux System Administrator / Level 2 Support Specialist Market Data Banking Linux New York USA
Must Be A US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Please only apply if you have the required Skills in Linux
Leading market data provider to the investment banking world currently have a urgent role for a Linux Systems Administrator / Level 2 Support Technician
Location: Chelsea Area of New York
A system administrator and Level 2 Support role having good knowledge of the majority
with 3 years or more Linux Systems Administration experience and also 1 of the areas listed and a degree:
- Network Infrastructure (WAN, LAN, VLAN)
- Network Communications (BGP, TCP, UDP)
- Server Hardware (remote access, fault diagnosis and firmware upgrades)
- Market data applications
Additionally the following knowledge is desirable:
- Good knowledge of International financial markets and financial market data
- Real-time systems
Applicant must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical and systematic problem solving skills involving multiple disciplines
(networking, server hardware, O/S and application)
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure of time
- Ability to handle multiple maintenance projects and work to strict maintenance windows
- Can-do attitude
Providing Linux administration under defined infrastructure projects and deep (level 2)
technical troubleshooting for problems with real time data systems submitted
from the L1 Support Desk, other parts of the business or direct from
clients. Resolve 75% of technical questions yourself, liaising with
specialist internal networking and development teams on the remainder.
This is a highly technical position, requiring good analytical and problem solving
skills; not just desktop or user support. Familiar use of Linux command
line tools and standard log files essential as part of duties.
Candidates are sought at junior to intermediate level and will be given training in real time
market data systems and other applicable trading technology.
Salary $40,000 to $60,000 per annum + bonus + benefits
For more info please email CV.