Child & Family Services Employee Reviews

summary
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Middletown Rhode IslandMarch 29, 2015
Pros: i like the days that i work.
Cons: i dont really like overnights
I work with trauma? adolescent children . we prepare activites for them , we help them with life skills project, we provide clinician time. we help them when they need someone to talk to. i learn that every child is different in there own way. the coworkers are great we all get along. and work as a team. the hardest part about the job is sometimes its emotional frustrating. the most enjoyable part about the job is that we get to help these kids.
productive and rewarding job
PARENT AIDE AND PARENTING PLUS PROGRAM WORKER (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: no benefits
Supervise children and their birth families visits. Learned patience and good communication. Management and co workers were supportive. Hardest part of job was taking children who were scared to see their parents to their court ordered visits. Most enjoyable part of job was when parents did what court ordered and got their kids back.
Fun place to work; flexible hours; family friendly
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), New Bedford, MAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere, generous benefits, flexible schedule
Cons: too few to mention
Working at Child & Family Services has been a great experience. There are very few times I don't look forward to going to work in the morning. A relatively laid-back atmosphere usually awaits me, even when there are deadlines to be met. Management is very flexible when asked for any time off due to family situations. Of course, there are challenges, like at any other job, but the staff I work with – more... (and Management) tend to make things easier. Being a non-profit agency has a lot to do with what I have described above, but it also means that, as an accounting clerk, I cannot aspire to more than I have achieved. Though the pay and benefits are relativley generous, there is no way to advance in my career, hence, my looking for a job. Too bad, because Child & Family Services is a great place to work! – less
Headquarters