Child Care Associates

Child Care Associates Employee Reviews

Great stepping stone for gaining experience
Head Start Teacher (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Way too much paperwork
Even though I was there for a short while, I still enjoyed it. It is pretty laid back but still has a routine schedule to follow. The staff was very nice and helpful.
Fun and exciting workplace
Family Service Advocate (Current Employee), Fort Worth, Tx.June 9, 2015
Pros: Great paid benefits
Cons: no complaints about this company
Working at Child Care Associates has been very beneficial to me, It has allowed me to obtain my degree in my chossen career, I have had the best supervisors that has help me grow mentally and phsically< I really enjoyed working with the people who I have came in contact with. Child Care Associates has some onderrful staff in great positions,
Descent company
Child Development Specialist (Former Employee), Abilene, TXMay 27, 2015
I contracted daycares for subsidized child care. Provided technical assistance to day cares. Recruited and promoted for Texas Rising Star Certification.
Enjoyed my experience there
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2015
Child Care associates was an enjoyable employment experience for me. There is nothing negative i have to say regarding this company.
Loved working for Early Head Start, great center and staff
lead teacher toddler (Former Employee), Fort Worth TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits. great environment to work in.
Cons: no cons
I was a lead teacher in the toddler room.
They gave us a lot of materials to work with the children

They offered a lot of training in the field

The director had your back

Wonderful co-workers.
Assist families and children
Regional Director-routinely (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: assisting families
Cons: healthcare, staff retention
Hiring/staffing, review of daily operations per Texas Minimum Standards, Head Start Performance Standards, company policies and procedures.
Review of compliance/non compliance issues, create training plans, create and monitor corrective action plans, time and attendance of staff, management of center level staff, management of content area components.

Assistance of social services to children and families.
Support
Preschool/Head Start Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: hours you work
Cons: discrimination is the biggest one out of a very long list
I do NOT recommend CCA for employment. They treat their employees terrible. There is harassment, discrimination, they are not consistent, they are hypocrites and there is NO SUPPORT at all.
Please go look somewhere else.
Great Place to work
Child Care Coordinator (Former Employee), TexasMay 16, 2014
Pros: beneficial to families and company is in tune with staff
Cons: centers need a little pick up up
Enrollment of families into headstart centers. Assist with finding funding for families to assist with daycare cost
ok
Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Cons: low pay, too many programs in one school, benefits are ok, too much papper work
ok place to work for if you don't plan to make a career out of it
Interning was a blast!
Intern Recruiter (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Everyday was something new. I enjoyed learning from my mentor, who really inspired me to continue my career in recruiting. Would recommend working here!
A great "foot in the door" job if you are pursuing a career with children.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, and weekends off.
Cons: overworked and under paid, not being able to have celebrations, meeting and working with people who are not humble and carry their attitudes on their sleeves.
Childcare associates is a great place to work for teachers and teacher assistants who love children and looking for employment. I wouldn't recommend making a career choice out of it though. Go to school get your degree and find a better suited/paying job. The time 8:00-2:30 is great for the children which gives teachers time to plan after the children have gone home. They provide training on subjects that are suitable for the job. Some trainings are fun and then others are just down right boring and have you thinking did I really waste my gas to come to this? The management have you thinking that they are professional but at the end of the day they are not. Sometimes it seems as though everyone was not on the same page about the rules and regulations. One person would have you doing one thing and then another one would come out and say it's wrong. It seems that CCA didn't care who they hired just as long as they had someone in the classrooms. They demote well suited people and put people in their place that can't do the job. They don't have active teachers at most of the centers so the teacher assistants are stuck doing the job without the pay. The directors that are "leading" the centers simply just do not know how to run a center. Either they do too little or do too much and they don't know how to talk to their employees and be humble. There is so much that we are restricted to do for example celebrating birthdays and holidays. The hardest part is seeing lack of parent involvement at home. Yes we teach the children at school but if the parents are not assisting at home it means nothing. The most enjoyable part is being able to help children grow and meet their goals as well as meeting new families. CCA is a great stepping stone job just don't make it into a career. You will surely see alot of wolves in sheeps' clothing.
Wonderful program not only for low income families but for all families. Every child needs a head start.
Early Head Start Teacher (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: working with children and the ability to refer them to diff programs to help in their development.
Cons: pay sucks, not about the kids just about making the company look good when coporate visits
The most enjoyable part on the day was putting a smile on a child's face and just knowing you made a impact on a child's life rather it was teaching them how to ride a tricycle, potty training or teaching them their first and last name. Co-Workers are great, but director shows favoritism and rules don't apply to all only some, be it parents, kids, or employees. Expectations are too high and pay is too low. When we did receive a raise after 4 years it was 7 cents. Great work experience with working with kids, you can't help, but to get attached to the kids and their families.
it a very good place to work becuse you are teaching a child life
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2013
Pros: we cook lunch and the teacher are more welcome to eat with students
Cons: we have 30 mins breaks and very good benfits
my reveiw is it was a good place to work at. i enjoy the chidren because i want to make to them feel good about them self
Children
child care assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2013
I worked with the company for 5 years. It was very fun I loved working with the children.
Great Place to work for
Insurance (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2013
love working with the insurance and patients. no hard days unless computer crashed other than that love working with my co workers and doing things together
Good atmoshphere, dedicated staff.
Technical Support Analyst II (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 25, 2013
Good atmosphere for staff, dedicated to helping families succeed.
It was a good job. Coworkers were great to work with, enjoyed being able to get out of the office to do meal monitors
Food Program (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 4, 2013
Pros: working out in the field
Cons: raises were usually only 3%
My supervisor let me set my hours example: 8am t0 5pm or 9am to 6pm. He was very flexible with me since my granddaughter was living with me.
Nice place
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free health insurance
Cons: poor pay
I enjoy working with the people here. Nothing hard about this position.
Fun place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee), EllisJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: good management, great benefits
Cons: non
Great place to work. Great benefits. Love the children and parents.! Want to come back!
Fun workplace
Financial Management Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2012
Pros: great benefits, distance was very close to home.
Cons: short breaks.
Process incoming claims into the database. Process all 2450's into my notebooks. Process checks for all vendors. prepared monthly 2455's. Took all incoming calls regarding child absences at child care centers. Checked all check proofs to make sure they were accurate. Had a great amount of communication with all vendors.The most overwhelming part of this job was reaching the deadline in the beginning of the month, when all vendors turned in all of their claims. The most enjoyable part was working with a great group of ladies and having great teamwork.

Child Care Associates Salaries