Child Care Associates Employee Reviews

A great "foot in the door" job if you are pursuing a career with children.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Childcare associates is a great place to work for teachers and teacher assistants who love children and looking for employment. I wouldn't recommend making a career choice out of it though. Go to school get your degree and find a better suited/paying job. The time 8:00-2:30 is great for the children which gives teachers time to plan after the children have gone home. They provide training on subjects that are suitable for the job. Some trainings are fun and then others are just down right boring and have you thinking did I really waste my gas to come to this? The management have you thinking that they are professional but at the end of the day they are not. Sometimes it seems as though everyone was not on the same page about the rules and regulations. One person would have you doing one thing and then another one would come out and say it's wrong. It seems that CCA didn't care who they hired just as long as they had someone in the classrooms. They demote well suited people and put people in their place that can't do the job. They don't have active teachers at most of the centers so the teacher assistants are stuck doing the job without the pay. The directors that are "leading" the centers simply just do not know how to run a center. Either they do too little or do too much and they don't know how to talk to their employees and be humble. There is so much that we are restricted to do for example celebrating birthdays and holidays. The hardest part is seeing lack of parent involvement at home. Yes we teach the children at school but if the parents are not assisting at home it  more... means nothing. The most enjoyable part is being able to help children grow and meet their goals as well as meeting new families. CCA is a great stepping stone job just don't make it into a career. You will surely see alot of wolves in sheeps' clothing.  less
Pros
benefits, and weekends off.
Cons
overworked and under paid, not being able to have celebrations, meeting and working with people who are not humble and carry their attitudes on their sleeves.
Wonderful program not only for low income families but for all families. Every child needs a head start.
Early Head Start Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part on the day was putting a smile on a child's face and just knowing you made a impact on a child's life rather it was teaching them how to ride a tricycle, potty training or teaching them their first and last name. Co-Workers are great, but director shows favoritism and rules don't apply to all only some, be it parents, kids, or employees. Expectations are too high and pay is too low. When we did receive a raise after 4 years it was 7 cents. Great work experience with working with kids, you can't help, but to get attached to the kids and their families.
Pros
working with children and the ability to refer them to diff programs to help in their development.
Cons
pay sucks, not about the kids just about making the company look good when coporate visits
**************DO NOT WORK HERE****************
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  AbramsSeptember 24, 2015
PLACE IS UNPROFESSIONAL! children are not educated at the center i worked for.
Director made fun of disabled employees, cursed at workers and though the Headstart center was a place to hangout instead of doing their job.
The pay is horrible as well as the benefits (benefits are cheap but has the littlest amount of coverage).
Company said they would assist in helping get your CDA that is a lie. The person in charge of handling that drops the ball completely,
Whenever you call HR the phone just rings and no one ever returns messages,,,,
Pros
some centers gets summers off with pay
Cons
everything, I would not advise anyone to work for this company.
Excellent place to learn and build future career in education.
Lead Bilingual Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2012
I have the opportunity to be in two different educational centers. I started as a assistant teacher then I was promoted as a teacher then as a lead teacher. This was my dream job. I love working with children from 3-5 years old and parents that really care about their children early education. In addition, my co-workers and center director helped me grow and they were always willing to support me. I have to leave due to maternity and I wanted to be a home with my new baby. However, I always keep this job in my heart.
Pros
parent involvement, great environment, great place to grow
Cons
no cons
Fun workplace
Financial Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2012
Process incoming claims into the database. Process all 2450's into my notebooks. Process checks for all vendors. prepared monthly 2455's. Took all incoming calls regarding child absences at child care centers. Checked all check proofs to make sure they were accurate. Had a great amount of communication with all vendors.The most overwhelming part of this job was reaching the deadline in the beginning of the month, when all vendors turned in all of their claims. The most enjoyable part was working with a great group of ladies and having great teamwork.
Pros
great benefits, distance was very close to home.
Cons
short breaks.
Fun and exciting workplace
Family Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, Tx.June 9, 2015
Working at Child Care Associates has been very beneficial to me, It has allowed me to obtain my degree in my chossen career, I have had the best supervisors that has help me grow mentally and phsically< I really enjoyed working with the people who I have came in contact with. Child Care Associates has some onderrful staff in great positions,
Pros
Great paid benefits
Cons
no complaints about this company
It was a good job. Coworkers were great to work with, enjoyed being able to get out of the office to do meal monitors
Food Program (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 4, 2013
My supervisor let me set my hours example: 8am t0 5pm or 9am to 6pm. He was very flexible with me since my granddaughter was living with me.
Pros
working out in the field
Cons
raises were usually only 3%
Assist families and children
Regional Director-routinely (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2014
Hiring/staffing, review of daily operations per Texas Minimum Standards, Head Start Performance Standards, company policies and procedures.
Review of compliance/non compliance issues, create training plans, create and monitor corrective action plans, time and attendance of staff, management of center level staff, management of content area components.

Assistance of social services to children and families.
Pros
assisting families
Cons
healthcare, staff retention
Support
Preschool/Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2014
I do NOT recommend CCA for employment. They treat their employees terrible. There is harassment, discrimination, they are not consistent, they are hypocrites and there is NO SUPPORT at all.
Please go look somewhere else.
Pros
hours you work
Cons
discrimination is the biggest one out of a very long list
it a very good place to work becuse you are teaching a child life
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2013
my reveiw is it was a good place to work at. i enjoy the chidren because i want to make to them feel good about them self
Pros
we cook lunch and the teacher are more welcome to eat with students
Cons
we have 30 mins breaks and very good benfits

Want to know more about Child Care Associates?

Ask a question
Great job for learning
Lead Head Start Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 27, 2015
Daily responsibilities include but not limited to Plan and implement daily learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical growth and development of children to improve readiness for school;; Include activities that support the social and emotional development of children; Constantly observe children and maintain child assessment records.
Pros
Great place to learn
Loved working for Early Head Start, great center and staff
lead teacher toddler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TXFebruary 25, 2015
I was a lead teacher in the toddler room.
They gave us a lot of materials to work with the children

They offered a lot of training in the field

The director had your back

Wonderful co-workers.
Pros
great benefits. great environment to work in.
Cons
no cons
Great stepping stone for gaining experience
Head Start Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2015
Even though I was there for a short while, I still enjoyed it. It is pretty laid back but still has a routine schedule to follow. The staff was very nice and helpful.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Way too much paperwork
A day in the life
Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 1, 2012
On a typical day I am in charge of the knowledge and welfare of my students. I teach in a three year old classroom and am constantly faced with new and exciting explorations of the world around us.
Pros
children
Cons
healthcare
Great Place to work
Child Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 16, 2014
Enrollment of families into headstart centers. Assist with finding funding for families to assist with daycare cost
Pros
beneficial to families and company is in tune with staff
Cons
centers need a little pick up up
ok
Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2014
ok place to work for if you don't plan to make a career out of it
Cons
low pay, too many programs in one school, benefits are ok, too much papper work
Enjoy coworkers
Program Support Mentor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2015
I have learned a lot more about the child care system and how it works and functions. My co-workers are amazing people to work with.
Interning was a blast!
Intern Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Everyday was something new. I enjoyed learning from my mentor, who really inspired me to continue my career in recruiting. Would recommend working here!
Great Place to work for
Insurance (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2013
love working with the insurance and patients. no hard days unless computer crashed other than that love working with my co workers and doing things together
Descent company
Child Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 27, 2015
I contracted daycares for subsidized child care. Provided technical assistance to day cares. Recruited and promoted for Texas Rising Star Certification.