The Finance Director will define and oversee the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support organizational growth. Reports directly to the CCRC executive director and oversees financial operations, provides financial information an analysis to the director and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
1 Analyze and oversee the creation of financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
2 Assist the Executive Director in creation and oversight of all financial, project/program, and grants accounting
3 Coordinate and lead the annual audit process and 990 filing, liaise with external auditors, the Executive Director, and the finance committee of Board of Directors
4 Lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director
5 Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior staff current on department and organization financial status
6 Manage organizations cash flow and forecasting
7 Oversee bi-monthly payroll process, audit process to find efficiencies
8 Implement a robust contracts and financial management/reporting system
9 Ensure that contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support the operational requirements
10 Update and maintain all necessary business policies and accounting practices; update and maintain the finance department’s policy and procedure manual. Communicate and present the financial status to the Executive Director
11 Clarify and streamline agency’s fiscal P&P
12 Attend meetings of the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
13 Train, supervise and evaluate assigned fiscal department staff
14 Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts
15 As a member of the senior management team, Analyst will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development.
16 Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, accounting, finance or closely related field.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detailed-oriented
- Experience/knowledge with major computer software accounting program
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to the CCRC’s mission
- Part-time position : 25 - 30 hours a week
- Salary will commensurate with years of experience and education level
- Benefits: pro-rated Medical, Life, Section 125, 403b Retirement, Sick Leave, Vacation Time
The Child Care Resource Center is a private non-profit agency created in 1988 as an initiative of the Nord Family Foundation. The Child...