CHILD CARE RESOURCE CENTER Employee Reviews

very laid back
Provider (Former Employee) –  childs homeJuly 25, 2017
it's babysitting, nonetheless it has its ups and downs. Kids are always going to be kids and parents are going to be parents, work schedule is a accommodated to the parents work schedule.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
considered self employment
Good 1st FT Job
Program Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 12, 2017
It's a great place to start your first full-time job. This companies focus is to provide subsidized child care to low-income families. Their number one priority is to remove any barriers in the process of qualifying parents for child care. They promote quality customer service.
Pros
Make a difference in your community
Cons
Managament inconsistencies
Good Company for NON-Profit
BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 10, 2017
Good Company for starter job, Advancements are possible if you're liked, Management had high turn over, Culture was laid back but professional. The hardest part of my job was the drive, I actually enjoyed working for the company.
Pros
Benefits Program
Cons
High turn over
Great Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
Although i was on a short temporary project. Relaxed and professional atmosphere. The management staff were very knowledgable and I would live to go back for a permanent position.
Bad environment
Grant Accountant, CCRC (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 11, 2017
I hate this company and I do not like the management. They treated employee like children. They lie to employee and they stole the money from the Government
Pros
No break
Cons
Not good environment
Great work experience!
Supervisor of Provider Payments (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 6, 2017
Love this place. Lots of opportunity to move around and relationships within are, for the most part, positive. I have been employed here for 11 years if that says anything.
Pros
people
Cons
salary
Friendly Staff
Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 18, 2017
Contracted as Health Specialist for home-visitation for pregnant and postpartum women. Great staff, excellent resource for children under 5 and families within the community.
Fullfiling and great to gain experience for careers that deal with children.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 16, 2017
I worked as a caregiver for my sister to her children. I worked early mornings from 4:00am to 10:00am. Daily routine included providing breakfast every morning at 7:00am, afterwards I would bathe and dress them for the day and/or prepare them for preschool. Between 8:00am to 9:20am would be playtime, then afterwards I would clean surroundings and prepare the children for their pickup time. Loved the company of my nephews and nieces, they made my job fun and fulfilling. Great bonding time, and also helped me improve multitasking skills. Most difficult times on the job were when the children would have bad days and were mood, however, I would uplift their moods by entertaining them with music or children's educational shows. Patience is key.
good place to work
Program Trainer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 3, 2017
enjoy the work environment and staff. Helps the community and parents that are looking for child care or early preschool programs. Great benefits and 403 program.
amazing place and amazing people to work with
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Managers and co-workers are working toward a common goal, and the work culture cultivated a very friendly environment
very professional and job environment. great management, they are very helpful. Would love to work there again.
Pros
N/a
Cons
great hours, off weekends, friendly environment
ok
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CADecember 7, 2016
ok i guess i dont want to keep writing i had a blast it was fun catchy and stipid can i be done already fun tured annoyed i want to do it and be done.
Pros
gym
Cons
short breaks
CCRC Review
School Readiness Manager, Interim (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 14, 2016
The agency is committed to children and families, which includes the children and families of the staff who work for the agency.
under paid
Costumer services (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 27, 2016
I didn't like this job the salary was too low for what i was doing and the drive was too far. the only good thing was working with the children
Pros
the children
Cons
the pay
Most experience that I got in my career life was here
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 14, 2015
Fully responsible for the design, evaluation and communication of innovative and cost-effective benefits plans. Maintain benefit plan enrollments, status change records, and documentation. Act as liaison between insurance carriers, brokers and employees; resolve benefits-related problems. Plan and implement a program for Injury and Illness Prevention Program. Maintain accurate employee records utilizing the agency’s HRIS system. Coordinate the negotiation of annual insurance premium renewal rates. Worked hand in hand with outside representative including 125 Plan Administrator, and employees, with regards to benefits administration. Develop, recommend and evaluate new and improved policies and plans. Respond to confidential income verification, i.e., mortgage loans applications, social security inquiries. Coordinate well organized annual open enrollment/Attend unemployment insurance hearings. Conduct safety meetings and Implement Safety Fair Event.
My job was productive.
Provider (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 10, 2015
I was able to encourage children to work hard daily and try the best and that was all they can do. The company, parents and I worked as a team and that what was best for the kids to grow and become better individual then and now.
Pros
I was able to care for children
Cons
I needed to make more money.
Provided great service to community
Sr. Administration & Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 5, 2015
Provided great service for working moms. Three different department corporate, voucher and suppoort for personal child care.
Work for the Finance Director assist with payroll, billing and administration employee benefits.
bad
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CANovember 6, 2015
The environment in the center I was assigned to was tense. The superiors are not professional. It is understandable that in our job description it is stated to as asked as well. They go far and beyond with that. At times I find myself focusing on other duties as opposed to my own.
Pros
descent pay
Cons
too many changes
Energetic workplace to work with children
Basic Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 29, 2015
Prepared and served nutritious meals and snacks for non-school aged children. Maintained a safe environment at all times, coordinated age appropriate activities.
Excellent Child Care Resources
Child Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 7, 2015
Collect observations to assess children's developmental stages. Gather resources to support parents during their child's development. Conduct presentations to coach child care providers.
It's a fun office to work at. Love what we do but the pay is not the greatest.
Family Fees Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 18, 2015
We help low income families pay child care. I love my job, enjoy working alongside my co-workers and the relationships we get to have with the families we serve.
The CEO, Michael Olenick, he's great. When the company was forced to lay off people, he was informative of what was going and did everything he could not to lay off people.
Once funding was available, the company was quick to rehire many of the people that were previously laid off.
As much as I love working here, the pay is not the greatest.