CHILD CARE RESOURCE CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

Most experience that I got in my career life was here
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 14, 2015
Fully responsible for the design, evaluation and communication of innovative and cost-effective benefits plans. Maintain benefit plan enrollments, status change records, and documentation. Act as liaison between insurance carriers, brokers and employees; resolve benefits-related problems. Plan and implement a program for Injury and Illness Prevention Program. Maintain accurate employee records utilizing the agency’s HRIS system. Coordinate the negotiation of annual insurance premium renewal rates. Worked hand in hand with outside representative including 125 Plan Administrator, and employees, with regards to benefits administration. Develop, recommend and evaluate new and improved policies and plans. Respond to confidential income verification, i.e., mortgage loans applications, social security inquiries. Coordinate well organized annual open enrollment/Attend unemployment insurance hearings. Conduct safety meetings and Implement Safety Fair Event.
Provided great service to community
Sr. Administration & Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 5, 2015
Provided great service for working moms. Three different department corporate, voucher and suppoort for personal child care.
Work for the Finance Director assist with payroll, billing and administration employee benefits.
Fast paced but fun
Supervisor-Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 28, 2015
My experience being that I work at the front is never predictable. It can be extremely busy or extremely slow. We may have angry patrons or patrons who are very thankful to be in our program. My experience in the ten years I have worked here has for the most part been nothing but positive. I love the people I work with and I really enjoy my team. I like helping others whether that be the external customers or my employees to excel.
Pros
Flexibility with schedules
Cons
No longer receive extra pay for waiving benefits
My job was productive.
Provider (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 10, 2015
I was able to encourage children to work hard daily and try the best and that was all they can do. The company, parents and I worked as a team and that what was best for the kids to grow and become better individual then and now.
Pros
I was able to care for children
Cons
I needed to make more money.
Great for entry level
Administrative Assistant/Manager (Former Employee) –  CHATSWORTH, CAMarch 15, 2013
Great place to start for entry level. Easy to get comfortable. So beware! Great vacation and benefits and schedules are usually set scheduled.

Pay decent but difficult to advance due to
Dependency of state funds.

Seek opportunities when available company great
For those seeking a career in human resources,
Social work, and teaching.
bad
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CANovember 6, 2015
The environment in the center I was assigned to was tense. The superiors are not professional. It is understandable that in our job description it is stated to as asked as well. They go far and beyond with that. At times I find myself focusing on other duties as opposed to my own.
Pros
descent pay
Cons
too many changes
Fun to work for, love the one week of at the end of the year
Human Resources Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 15, 2012
Fast paced, learned a lot, enjoyed working there.
What I enjoyed the most was my job, and it was a fun working group.
Due to management turnover it was times when the morale was low.
Pros
the week of at the end of the year with pay
Cons
not very good raises
Fun work environment and amazing staff
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 27, 2014
I loved working for this non profit. The staff is all around amazing and make it feel like your second home. I loved working with families who were in need of child care, and taking a little less stress away from their lives. This agency is great.
Pros
love the work environment
Cons
the pay and benefits are not the best
Cool place to work
Fao Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAAugust 18, 2012
very cool place to work, helping low income families improve their lives is very inspiring. Great benefits and holiday and vacation time.
Pros
informative trainings and great people to work with
Cons
favortism and job security
Energetic workplace to work with children
Basic Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 29, 2015
Prepared and served nutritious meals and snacks for non-school aged children. Maintained a safe environment at all times, coordinated age appropriate activities.
Excellent Child Care Resources
Child Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 7, 2015
Collect observations to assess children's developmental stages. Gather resources to support parents during their child's development. Conduct presentations to coach child care providers.
Great Mission Statement/ Poor Salary
Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth,CAApril 1, 2014
I love the company's mission. Great leadership, poor salary- no raises.
It's a fun office to work at. Love what we do but the pay is not the greatest.
Family Fees Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 18, 2015
We help low income families pay child care. I love my job, enjoy working alongside my co-workers and the relationships we get to have with the families we serve.
The CEO, Michael Olenick, he's great. When the company was forced to lay off people, he was informative of what was going and did everything he could not to lay off people.
Once funding was available, the company was quick to rehire many of the people that were previously laid off.
As much as I love working here, the pay is not the greatest.
Great county funded job to work for
Contract Monitor/ Fraud Dept (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 1, 2012
As a contract monitor for the county of Los Angeles it was hard to work a fast paced job when reviewing in detail each child care provider and parent. Detail was a must and that's understandable.

I learned a lot from the county and how they take care of the parents and providers to help parents work. I recommend the job to anyone who cares but it's hard to look pass the ones that do fraud and thanks to them we had to be extra careful on how we audited the files. Any good person would succeed in this job.
Pros
got to learn how the county funds are used to help parents
Cons
not enough staff to audit thousands of files
Good for the experience
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJanuary 29, 2015
This job is good to gain the experience you need to then move on to next job.
Pros
experience
Cons
management
A well organised company, which is a fun a safe place to work at
Teacher Assistant, Robert Fulton Head Start (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 5, 2014
I was a teacher assistant, but the thing that i like most of it was that me and the other assistant and the teacher would take turn teaching. I had the opportunity to teach the children and see how they reacted to me. I also had the opportunity to see how other tough and saw their strategies.My co-workers were great .Well sincerely i think anything was hard. The best part of the job was seeing how the children were learning and especially the questions they ask. They are surprising.
Pros
i did not work saturday or sunday
excellent environment and professional
Payment Technician (Former Employee) –  van nuys, caNovember 8, 2013
Working here was well balanced, through out the day I would estimate and process timesheets for various child care providers assigned to me. I would see them at the front office if requested by reception, so I had face to face interaction with my customers. My co workers were awesome we would go on walks for our breaks, very enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was making sure that deadlines were made with all timesheets being precessed. The most enjoyable was meeting and helping customers face to face; it gave me a break from being at a desk all day.
Pros
long breaks
A job that allows me to grow and expand in the organization.
Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 26, 2012
A job that allows me to grow and expand in the organization, and where I can make a positive contribution to the growth of the firm, and that is so interesting that I am motivated to continue educating myself to the best that I can be in this field.
productive team
child care provider (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CADecember 28, 2014
helping children it what this company is about. I have had learned how to properly care for young children .
provide care for my 5 year old niece.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 16, 2014
Provided care for my 5 year old niece from 3pm- 2am. Helped with her homework, reading, & math. Feed & showered her, made sure she was well rested for the next day of school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHILD CARE RESOURCE CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

CHILD CARE RESOURCE CENTER Reviews by Location