Child Center of NY Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
you learn how to tutor and help children. Family oriented, and the staff is about team work
Home Visitor (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 23, 2017
Child-first mindset and attitude, which given for the company name, shows their dedication to bettering the lives of the youth. Friendly environment..
Pros
flexible hours and friendly staff
Cons
short hours
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 10, 2016
greatest part of the job, was working with the children.
the hours were flexible.
the management & the coworkers were great
it was a learning experience
No support from management
Afterschool Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYAugust 5, 2016
The job was creating project-based lesson plans for a group of up to 17 middle school age children in whatever subject you were teaching (I did art). We were supposed to create the lesson plans with modification based on children who were excelling or falling behind in the lesson, and fill out reports to hand into our supervisor.
However, the supervisor gave none of the group leaders much guidance. All of the leaders there where school kids with little to no experience working with children (which they made apparent when everyone was hired).
Pros
Working with the kids were fun
Cons
No support or guidance from supervisor
productive
Part Time Teacher’s Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 18, 2016
Assisting scholars with homework help. Then engaging scholars in a fun project based learning activity. Difficult to capture and maintain the attention of some scholars, due to the fact that they have been in school all day, and after school requires the scholars to stay in school for another 3 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the happiness on scholar's faces when they finally understand their classwork. The most rewarding part of my job is seeing scholars become excited to learn.
Cons
only 3 hours a day
very produtive
Youth Leader/Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work is greeting your kids finding out how thier day is going so far, have they learned anything new, is their anything they are willing to to share and also finding out and making sure they ate for the day and their well being. My job is very energetic, full of life and i look forward to going there every day, I also look forward to the children that i interact with on a daily basis They are a such a delight, their personalities, they way they think, learn and how they grow. They admire and look up to us as role models which we set and give good guidence, patience and love.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with different personalities and attitudes, these children have different backgrounds and different ways of living so we have to help them learn and adjust to new and different ways of life and sometimes this makes it difficult because they are stuck in thier own ways. Ive learned that our children come first because they are our future. I know this for sure because i also have one of my own.
Average work Place
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 22, 2015
Your on a structured schedule, becomes boring because your doing the same thing almost everyday. You learn how to work and cooperate with children and use your skills to enhance the children's learning. Co- workers are more to themselves not really outgoing. The hardest part of the work is balancing out all the work that is thrown at you at one time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the children.
Wonderful working environment helping kids enhance educational skills
COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 15, 2014
Great working environment, down to earth staff, great program to enrich educational needs.

I've learned that in this kind of environment you can make a difference in your students lives, and in your own.
Pros
great staff, easy to move up, willing to go beyond for these kids to have the best experience
Cons
there are non
Security & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at work was taking care and teaching toddler basic knowledge, for ex abc, 123. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching each child grow individually.
I had passionate colleagues
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 19, 2013
I learned the power of politics. I believe that they need to align their job descriptions and organizational charts.

Want to know more about Child Center of NY?

Ask a question