Child Development Inc. Employee Reviews

It's a good job field to work in and it helps give more time to spend with the family
Child Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  FPOOctober 26, 2016
I love this field you get to teach the younger kids everything they need to succeed and just help them become something more than them selfs
Its a goof website were u could find good jobs within your area
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2016
Just a site that help u with jobs in your area that well fit u and what u love to do. You all find people the best up to date jobs within people area you all a good website to go on when u want to know what jobs hiring at the moment
Hired on contract position with Account payable Dept
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 23, 2016
It was Good company to work for, I got Hired through Indeed.
They sign me up for 3 months.
And they ended contract in week.I thought it will good oppurtunity for returnship for Moms who wants to go back to work.
there managment is not good.
Great Place to Work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 22, 2016
I had a great experience working here. The staff was great, and there was plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company.
Child care educator
Child Development Teacher (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 16, 2016
I had work with children for ten years and will love to stay in the field. I enjoy children. Have experience in teaching and enjoy when a child learn thru playing expedience. Fulfill every child needs with the best education learning. Ensure the safety of a child providing safety learning.
Execellent multicultural facility with hands-on, creative activities for play and learning.
Preschool Teacher - Practicum (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 3, 2016
CDC at Oxnard college offers a diverse, hands-on, creative, safe and nurturing environment for young children in a multicultural format that enriches the life's of children and families. The staff is friendly, open and genuinely care about their students, families, community and staff.

I learned a lot about utilizing recyclable material's for lesson plans.

My supervisor was inspirational and encouraged my creativity and ability to put together educational activities for the children that could be easily duplicated at home with simple household items.
Pros
Caring environment for staff, child and families
Cons
Shortage of funds for materials
Children dont come first
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 13, 2016
The all mighty dollar is more important then the childrens education and well being. Because of this there is a lot of teacher turn around and moving of classes & rooms causing constant inconsistency for the children and staff. Ten yrs there & I got 2 yearly raises. Lots of paperwork & expectations other then being with the children but you dont get time to do it cause you have a class from open to close. Staff is constantly getting hurt doing extra tasks like janitorial work, landscaping, moving things etc. And when a staff gets hurt & cant preform they let them go even after being there or many years and being a top teacher.
Great place for preschool and school age children to learn and grow
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Suisun City, CAApril 6, 2016
Works 5 days a week 40 hours per day.
Works with preschool children during preschool operation hours in Am/PM sections.
Works with school age children during after school hours.
I learned to adapt CDI/CDC culture, learned to implement High Scope curriculum, and learned to work with school age children.
I am learning to use positive leadership skills to take the lead in classroom and supervising other center staff when site supervisor absented. I am willing to support individuals who are not familiar the DRDPTECH-2015. I am learning how to cooperate with community licensing personal to review the qualification and limitation of the center and ensure no healthy and safety hazards that could harm any individuals.
I meet some great teacher, manager and supervisor individuals here, and I am happy to work with people who are kind, competent, and have great CEC knowledge. I am inspired by one teacher who has great people skills, and willing to support others about the CDI/CDC culture.
I feel comfortable to take different work shifts to support other co-workers when needed.
Pros
Great meal menu, great relationship between center staff and administrators, short commutt distance.
Cons
Often changed of working schedule. Cost of healthcare.
fun workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 29, 2016
working with children all day is a great opportunity for both the staff and the children. You able to teach children something and watch them grow. You are dealing with the children more than you are with other adults
Pros
working with children
Cons
military base so children and staff leave all the time
Amazing place to work
Student Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 20, 2016
The teachers are also mentors and have been working in the same place for over a decade. They all continue to educate themselves in the field they are in by attending conferences and taking classes about the field of education.
Productive and a fun place to work
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  USAF Academy, COFebruary 4, 2016
I learn different thing about the kids everyday what they like what they dislike, i just really enjoy being with the kids everyday
Fun working with the Children
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Thurmont, MDJanuary 22, 2016
A typical day includes working with the children. Also, making them understand roles and rights.
I have learned that children find there way to earn what they want. Also, I've learned not all the children have the same abilities.
My co-workers are enjoyable, helpful, and caring of others.
The hardest part of caregiver is making children comfortable at a new learning center.The most enjoyable time is seeing the children grow and become successful.
Pros
Provide me with meals
Cons
Late nights
Great place to work & grow!
Assistant Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 15, 2016
I absolutely love going to work everyday. I am the Assistant Site Supervisor and enjoy learning the duties of a Site Supervisor in this role. The company is professional, well run, has high standards and is very well known. I am happy to be part of CDC.
Pros
Opportunities to Grow and be Promoted
It was a alright work place.
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2016
Most days at work was great and some was stressful. I learned to take care of children like you would with your own. I learned different tasks go with different age group. I also learned that some children do things at there own pase. Management was alright I guess and my co-workers great.
acceptable
Little Fish Preschool Academy (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 14, 2015
I enjoy working with children. Working with this company has really showed me the pros and the cons. They value their employees.
High level of job responsibility and requirement with VERY low pay.
Center Administrative Support Specialist (CASS) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 29, 2015
Was very disappointed with CDI/CDC as company to work for. Level of responsibility is very high, demands are very high, pay is very low, very little support if any from management, even when overtime is needed to complete work responsibilities, company will not approve but expectation is to meet constant deadlines no matter what; Centers are not well supported by Operations, working with children and families is rewarding. A typical work day is non-stop busy, challenging and more to do then an 8 hour day will allow for. Moral is low at the centers and high turnover rate.
Pros
Lots to do, very busy, time flies
Cons
Pay does not match job description or level of responsibility
Fun Program for Enriching Children's Lives
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 22, 2015
A typical day on the job involves planning and implementing the curriculum and club activities that are based upon the children's interests. Collecting examples of their art and other documentation of their daily experiences for posting in their DRDPs.
Friendly and productive place to work
Center Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CANovember 3, 2015
I had the opportunity to learn and grow in a very short period of time. My supervisor was amazing and had great people skills. My peers were awesome and hardworking always a pleasure to work with.What I enjoyed the most was having the opportunity to help others on a daily basis.
Good at first...then you see the Light
teacher (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 1, 2015
I don't know where to start.... But Management is very poor. Not enough prep time is given or taken away. There isn't enough trainings given. Your hours are not guaranteed even if You started as an full-time employee. No Appreciation as an employee whatsoever! They just want to see the negative in everything! See a lot of favoritism with director and staff and Children! Teachers are not provided enough teaching materials. The lunch and snacks are not enough for children because they are always hungry. And they can't get More! Do not work here!!
Pros
Relationship with kids
Cons
To Many
frustrating work environment with very little chance of advancement
Teacher (School-Age) (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAOctober 31, 2015
This company presents a notion that they would on job advancement but very rarely will do so within the company. The company takes advantage of their employees and show not appreciation for the work done by those at the center level. The importance seems to be placed on those in the high levels of management and often cuts corners to make more money. The company claims to follow certain curriculum but will not provide the time and resources allowed to create a great program.
Pros
free lunch, rewarding relationships with families
Cons
poor management, no advancement, compensation, no appreciation as an employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Child Development Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.