Child Nutrition Employee Reviews

Very productive
Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, TXMarch 17, 2017
learned to be a team player. I would help prep food and serve. i loved the people i worked with. i enjoyed interacting with the kids. Enjoyed going to work.
Fun but fast paced environment
Child Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCNovember 30, 2016
I truly loved working there, you interact a lot with the staff at the school but the children was the light of each day for me, never a boring moment.
Running the cash register and assisting (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2016
My typical day at work will be, working in a environment that i can succeed and being able to move onto the next chapter. Typical day at work stress free, laid back, get along with my coworkers.The hardest part of the job is always getting the feel of the job and how to part your knowledge into the hands of the job.Most enjoyable part of the job is when you had succeed and learn everything the boss show you and the coworkers has teach you along the way.
Great job to have if you love working with kids.
Assist in the feeding of children (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 6, 2016
A very fast paced environment. There is something that needs to be done from the time you clock in until it is time to go home. It's great working with the kids and providing them with nutritious meals.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 28, 2016
It was a great and safe environment. Definitely a long term job placement. The longer you work there the more money you can make. Monday-Friday job with paid holidays and a summer break.
working with awesome children
CN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAAugust 24, 2016
I was in charge of the salad bar a elementary school here in Bay Point, ca. I had to educate the children and myself also, about the importance of eating healthy. I would wash, cut and prepare all fruits and veggies daily for the next school day. I was on a team of 5 and i always help my team members if they needed the extra help. I also follow the proper rules to prevent contamination in the kitchen. Cleaning daliy.
Pros
meet beautiful motivated innocent kids
Loved my job
Child Nutrition Tech (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJuly 14, 2016
While I loved working as a child nutrition tech, i.e. Lunch lady, the higher up bosses were not trustworthy and would throw the rest of us minions under the bus in a heart beat. But working with the children and really helping the children that were not able to buy food was rewarding.
Pros
Putting a smile on others faces
Cons
higher up management
Child nutrition
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCJuly 11, 2016
At 8:00 am my day started with preparing lunch for the students, prepping food for the next day, serve the children rang the children up on the cash register.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
the pay is per moth "monthly"
job is awesome
assistent (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDApril 12, 2016
Management at some schools suck. Would be a great place to work if the management treated everyone fair. summers off. work hours were good. i had good hard working co-workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
great team work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJanuary 26, 2016
the over all experience with a team and the kids was great. new management came in and changed a lot of policies that caused a lot of people to leave making it an uncomfortable environment.
Pros
team work
Cons
lunch time and pay
Great place to work with great people.
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 26, 2015
This was a great place to work my co-workers were great and my manager was amazing and I learned a lot of personal skills that I can take with me to other jobs. My job was very fast paced but overall it was very fun. My day would go by extremely fast and it worked good with my schedule.
Pros
Free lunch, Off before 5, Benefits
Cons
Monthly pay, 3 week Intersession
Fun place to work being able to see the many people light up.
Cafeteria Aide (Former Employee) –  Bolivia, NCJuly 17, 2015
A typical day at work would start at 6:30 a.m. I was never late. I would get my cleaning cart ready. Check to see if any rooms needed immediate attention. I learned that people no matter what age or gender just wanted respect and to meet the needs of healthy living with someone that truelly cares. I learned that the elderly are really mostly children in older bodies they want what everyone else wants. The management at my time of employment there was going thru many changes. They were hard but fair for the most part I seen three administrators in my time there. My co-workers were fun fair and easy going I could talk to them. I would always try to help if they got in a bind and needed the extra help. The hardest part of my job was the constant changes they had us do one supervisor would want things done his way then we would get another supervisor and then things would have to change to meet their way of doing things
Pros
early hours time
Cons
short breaks and not alot of credit where credit was due
Assisted in providing Students 9-12 grades meals
cook (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 17, 2015
Learn portion control when it comes to serving students proper amounts of nutrition. The hardest part of the Job was having to deal with other ladies who spent a large portion of there time talking rather than multi-tasking, and having to pick up there weight in order to get the lunches prepared on time.
Pros
Free meals, time with children on holidays as well as weekends
Enjoyable work place with great co-workers
Driver, Ventura Unified School District (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 23, 2015
I worked for this company for .5 years I truly enjoyed all my co-workers. Limited hours and limited summer work. The benefits the company offers are adequate with other companies. Management is good and offer a lot of training to maintain certifications. They have work offered through the summer months, and regular vacations through the school year. I would work for them again if I lived in the area.
Pros
holidays off with pay, flexible hours for personal obligations, incentives for work performance.
Cons
pay is once a month
An environment to make a difference in a child's life.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMay 19, 2015
A typical day of work involved preparing and serving nutritious meals to students as well as keeping accounting record of meals served at full price, reduced and/or free meals for each student. My manager was very supportive with an open door policy that made the kitchen run smoothly. My co-workers and I were team players who helped each other to accomplish our daily goals. While checking in weekly deliveries, lifting heavy supplies was challenging but we all worked together to stock inventory. Seeing the children everyday and getting involved with their happiness by working with teachers who also cared deeply for the students was the best part of this job!
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of children.
Cons
Very physical, strenuous labor.
Experiencing a hobby
School Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland Neck, NCDecember 11, 2014
I experienced a hobby that I have been doing for a long time. I call it a hobby because when you love your job and what you do for a living it becomes a hobby. I loved being around the kids and making sure that were serviced right. My hobby consist of interacting with the kids everyday, assembling the food serving lines, and assist with meal serving. I monitored activities of the cafeteria staff to ensure that we all were in compliance with the state guidelines, policies and child nutrition procedures. While working with Nash General Hospital, I enjoyed serving the patients and Nash General staff workers because they always made sure to tell us how important our job was to them as well us.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare
fun place to work, love the kids
nutrition technician (Current Employee) –  hooper, utahJuly 20, 2014
loved my co workers, cooked food for 500 children daily, my manager is awesome,
Pros
close to home
Cons
no benefits and cutting hours
Self Employed
ChildCare Provider (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 23, 2014
A typical day at work begins with children dropped off at 6:30 AM.
Depending on time of year will either feed and send children off to school until afternoon, then preparing snacks, and dinner.
We try to find fun and creative things to do, like make crafts, go on walks or to a movie.
During summer going to the beach, parks, day trips, and lazy days, all while supervising and making sure the children have healthy meals and snacks.
The hardest part of the job is keeping children of different ages happy with the same activity.
The most enjoyable part of the day is telling stories, and just having fun with the children.
Pros
Can carry about with my daily business, and have time with family at home.
Cons
Juggling after school activities, dentists and doc appts, resolving conflicts.
Good job
Child Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCDecember 5, 2013
Good job to have, and everyone is a team player. I enjoyed coming to work everyday.
Team work and good place to work
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2013
I come in pull out my cashier station items. Then pull out items to prep. Make them,jump in and help where needed.I enjoy the kids and love the staff.
Pros
nutritional meals
Cons
short breaks, limit time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Child Nutrition. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2