Child Nutrition Employee Reviews in United States

great team work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJanuary 26, 2016
the over all experience with a team and the kids was great. new management came in and changed a lot of policies that caused a lot of people to leave making it an uncomfortable environment.
Pros
team work
Cons
lunch time and pay
Great place to work with great people.
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 26, 2015
This was a great place to work my co-workers were great and my manager was amazing and I learned a lot of personal skills that I can take with me to other jobs. My job was very fast paced but overall it was very fun. My day would go by extremely fast and it worked good with my schedule.
Pros
Free lunch, Off before 5, Benefits
Cons
Monthly pay, 3 week Intersession
Assisted in providing Students 9-12 grades meals
cook (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 17, 2015
Learn portion control when it comes to serving students proper amounts of nutrition. The hardest part of the Job was having to deal with other ladies who spent a large portion of there time talking rather than multi-tasking, and having to pick up there weight in order to get the lunches prepared on time.
Pros
Free meals, time with children on holidays as well as weekends
Enjoyable work place with great co-workers
Driver, Ventura Unified School District (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 23, 2015
I worked for this company for .5 years I truly enjoyed all my co-workers. Limited hours and limited summer work. The benefits the company offers are adequate with other companies. Management is good and offer a lot of training to maintain certifications. They have work offered through the summer months, and regular vacations through the school year. I would work for them again if I lived in the area.
Pros
holidays off with pay, flexible hours for personal obligations, incentives for work performance.
Cons
pay is once a month
An environment to make a difference in a child's life.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMay 19, 2015
A typical day of work involved preparing and serving nutritious meals to students as well as keeping accounting record of meals served at full price, reduced and/or free meals for each student. My manager was very supportive with an open door policy that made the kitchen run smoothly. My co-workers and I were team players who helped each other to accomplish our daily goals. While checking in weekly deliveries, lifting heavy supplies was challenging but we all worked together to stock inventory. Seeing the children everyday and getting involved with their happiness by working with teachers who also cared deeply for the students was the best part of this job!
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of children.
Cons
Very physical, strenuous labor.
Fun place to work being able to see the many people light up.
Cafeteria Aide (Former Employee) –  Bolivia, NCJuly 17, 2015
A typical day at work would start at 6:30 a.m. I was never late. I would get my cleaning cart ready. Check to see if any rooms needed immediate attention. I learned that people no matter what age or gender just wanted respect and to meet the needs of healthy living with someone that truelly cares. I learned that the elderly are really mostly children in older bodies they want what everyone else wants. The management at my time of employment there was going thru many changes. They were hard but fair for the most part I seen three administrators in my time there. My co-workers were fun fair and easy going I could talk to them. I would always try to help if they got in a bind and needed the extra help. The hardest part of my job was the constant changes they had us do one supervisor would want things done his way then we would get another supervisor and then things would have to change to meet their way of doing things
Pros
early hours time
Cons
short breaks and not alot of credit where credit was due
Experiencing a hobby
School Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland Neck, NCDecember 11, 2014
I experienced a hobby that I have been doing for a long time. I call it a hobby because when you love your job and what you do for a living it becomes a hobby. I loved being around the kids and making sure that were serviced right. My hobby consist of interacting with the kids everyday, assembling the food serving lines, and assist with meal serving. I monitored activities of the cafeteria staff to ensure that we all were in compliance with the state guidelines, policies and child nutrition procedures. While working with Nash General Hospital, I enjoyed serving the patients and Nash General staff workers because they always made sure to tell us how important our job was to them as well us.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare
Self Employed
ChildCare Provider (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 23, 2014
A typical day at work begins with children dropped off at 6:30 AM.
Depending on time of year will either feed and send children off to school until afternoon, then preparing snacks, and dinner.
We try to find fun and creative things to do, like make crafts, go on walks or to a movie.
During summer going to the beach, parks, day trips, and lazy days, all while supervising and making sure the children have healthy meals and snacks.
The hardest part of the job is keeping children of different ages happy with the same activity.
The most enjoyable part of the day is telling stories, and just having fun with the children.
Pros
can carry about with my daily business, and have time with family at home.
Cons
juggling after school activities, dentists and doc appts, resolving conflicts.
Friendly co-workers
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 21, 2012
Working for this company was something I had never done before. Co-worker were helpful and very friendly. The days were very busy and short. I learned a lot about food safety. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the students.
Pros
free lunch and a chance to do something different.
Cons
lifting heavy pans
Good Place to work around children
Cashier/Food prep (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 20, 2013
Its a good place to work around children. You get to see smiling faces every day lots of laughter in the lunch room. you get to work with some amazing children and teachers.
Pros
children, time off, paid vacations
Cons
not enough working hours in the day to make a go living, pay is to low.
Team work and good place to work
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2013
I come in pull out my cashier station items. Then pull out items to prep. Make them,jump in and help where needed.I enjoy the kids and love the staff.
Pros
nutritional meals
Cons
short breaks, limit time
fun place to work, love the kids
nutrition technician (Current Employee) –  hooper, utahJuly 20, 2014
loved my co workers, cooked food for 500 children daily, my manager is awesome,
Pros
close to home
Cons
no benefits and cutting hours
Good job
Child Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCDecember 5, 2013
Good job to have, and everyone is a team player. I enjoyed coming to work everyday.