CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES

CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES Employer Reviews

Great agency with lots of purpose and results in helping families
Home Visitor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great programs for families
Cons: per diem - no benefits
Challenging and rewarding work going into families' homes and working with them to meet their family's needs. Learned to listen and advise and support and encourage families. Management and coworkers are supportive and helpful. Hardest part of job is getting some clients to overcome their drug addictions to better their lives. Most enjoyable part of job is seeing families meet their goals
Social Service
Child and Family Support (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 23, 2014
As a social service worker, a typical day at work entails, making sure abused and neglected children have a voice. I have found that there are many challenges to working in the area of Family and Children Services. In my experience working with these children I am appalled at the conditions I find them in. Every child deserves to have love warmth and family members who are dedicated to making them feel safe and comfortable as possible in the environment they live in. Oftentimes this is not the case. I am proud of the service I give as a social service worker, so that I will be able to provide much needed services to these children. This will enable them to experience in their world a better and safer place. Also it will be a vehicle of transition them from a child in distress to a child who is in a safe environment to a child who in having their needs met.
Fast paced but friendly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIOctober 22, 2014
Day to day administrative and receptionist duties.
Making sure all the supplies where filled for both offices.
schedule meetings and do meeting minutes.
Wonderful and supportive work environment
Family Counselor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 25, 2014
A rare feeling of support while working in social services. Great management and run more like a business instead of a non profit, meaning there is less waste. Employees are given generous time off to avoid burn-out and bonuses when extra money is available.
Highly reccomend this employer!
To see all the children being so well taken care of is inspirationally
Accounts Payables (Former Employee), Hobbs, NMAugust 18, 2014
Very good people to work for and a very concerned in children lives.
Dealing with Insurance
Shelter Advocate (Current Employee), Benton Harbor, MIAugust 13, 2014
A typical day at work is an 8 hour shift talking on the phone to both members and providers who service members with a Medicare Advantage plan offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Everyday is kind of repetitive which is one of the main reasons I wanted to seek employment elsewhere. There isn't much difference from one to the next, besides the fact that you never know what kind of attitude a member is going to take with you. They take their insurance policies really serious, which is understandable, however, they shoot the messenger for supplying them with information they were not expecting or did not want to receive.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the fact that if you make a difference with even just one member that's something that sticks with you forever. You could be the difference between a member owing hundreds of dollars for a service they received and owing a hundred dollars because their claim was not processed correctly.

The hardest part would have to be there isn't much room for advancement. You don't receive raises, even when going through additional training to be able to service providers. You do more work for the same amount of pay day in and day out.
DAILY SCHEDULE
Home Health Advocate (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEApril 25, 2014
Pros: everyone is great, paid for college courses
Cons: pay
Receptionist
• Responsible for answering a 12 line switchboard
• Examined all photo identification and sign-in for visitors
• Routed possible customers to the proper employees for airborne and industrial product
• Distributed all incoming mail and handled outgoing mail
• Assisted Customer Service Representatives for various duties
Home Health Advocate
• Established a caring relationship of mutual trust and respect with the family
• Scheduled and conducted weekly home visits with parents and children
• Taught families the principles of child health and safety
• Coordinated with Center Director, Specialists, Parents and Community Staff
• Followed up on referral services for children
• Identified family needs
• Arranged transportation for certain services, if needed
• Maintained confidentiality of family/child information
• Assisted families in applying for Medicaid
• Protected children from physical and verbal abuse by anyone in the program
• Participated in all meetings and attended seminars and training
Positive work environment
Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee), Hyannis, MAApril 7, 2014
Positive work environment but job location was different than upon hire causing employee to travel a considerable amount more than expected during course of work.
I have enjoyed my time at the above employment and seek full time employment.
Social Worker (Current Employee), HamiltonMarch 16, 2014
Pros: constant training opportunities, generous salary, supportive supervision
Cons: temporary employment with a hiring freeze.
I was given an opportunity to gain valuable experience under the direction of highly professionals at the above government services. I had the opportunity for constant training and progress.

The hiring freeze in all government arenas has forced me to seek stable employment as I have been hired as a temporary additional and the possibility of the contract not being renewed for all temporary additional workers.

I will always appreciate the valuable experience I encountered under this environment.
Supportive
In Home Therapy Clinician (Current Employee), Fall River, MAMarch 9, 2014
Company is very supportive. They offered me an internship then followed with a position.
Nice place to work
Outpatient therapist (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 23, 2014
Cons: do not hire full time, no benefits, no advancement
Good management and very nice people to work with. My office is nice and clean. Building is very nice and in a safe area. Co-workers are skilled and professional. Supervision is good with emphasis on keeping paperwork as minimal as possible. They allow therapists to be flexible with thier schedules. I would recommend this agency to a family member who needed counseling.
Very fun place to work
Senior Family Support/Customer Relations (Former Employee), ‘Ewa Beach, HIJanuary 8, 2014
This job entails working with many different ethnicity, beliefs and cultures. I really enjoyed going to work everyday because I loved my job and working with the children and their caregivers to provide a healthy development and environment for the children.
ok
Child Care Therapy Aid (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 26, 2013
Its okay. long hours.
a lot of paperwork
immediate supervisors were great
co workers were even better
Foster parent
Foster parent, Teaching Family Homes (Former Employee), Marquette, MIDecember 16, 2013
We didn't get a chance to work with them, no kids were placed with us.
Rewarding experience with children
Lead Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Middletown, RINovember 18, 2013
Pros: rewarding to work with children/interact with their families
Cons: strict break scheduling, low pay, (some) unpaid professional development required
While I love working with children and utilizing my psychology degree to assess their education and development, there is little to no room to grow (at least within the childcare department) and the pay is extremely low for the amount of stress and the amount of work outside of work (i.e. staff meetings, special events, professional development) that are required by each full time employee.
Wonderful state job, great work environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, NHOctober 3, 2013
Alphabetized, time stamped, reviewed and filed caregiver’s weekly timesheets
Handled phone calls, and set-up intake appointments for potential new clients
Reviewed caregiver’s weekly scheduled hours and ensured they matched the caregiver’s actual weekly hours
Created new client files
Managed Program Director’s calls when unavailable
Worked on small projects delegated from Program Director, Scheduler and Billing Specialist
Rewarding, balanced, great team, great place.
Community Educator (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: scheduled but flexible.
Productive, rewarding, busy schedule but balanced, great team to work with, great place.
Work environement great- shared office with 1 other person.minimual supervision
Payroll Processor and Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore MarylandJune 13, 2013
Pros: good relationship with coworkers. exposure to various ethnicities
Cons: lack of healthcare./ low wages
My experience was extremely positive. The assignments that I was
given did allow me to acquire a new skill. That of Payroll Assistant.After one year I was hired full time by the second company that I was assigned to.

This is the type of result a program like this should yield.Also the agency does support its people...That is a big plus.

There are pros and cons about any job/program. Lunch time should be paid and it should be at least 45 minutes. employers work you like mules when they do not have to pay and they tend to leave you out of the small perks..... Like....Lunch. (Ha).
Having to report to home office on occassion was a nuisance. I suppose it is necessary. Also the salary should be higher or the hours should be increased.
Enjoyable supervisors with nice children
Residential Treatment Counselor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 1, 2013
Nice work environment. Was not my working environment though.
A great place to work!
Clinical Intern (Current Employee), Middletown, RIMarch 9, 2013
I have learned a lot and it has given me the experience needed to excel in the mental health field.

About CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES

Child and Family Services strengthens families and the communities in which they live. Our mission, "to heal and strengthen – Read more