CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Awful
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIMay 26, 2017
Took care of extremely low income clients. Many should have been in a nursing home because of the living conditions. Reported cases but nothing ever happened. No longer an "Elder care" department.
productive and enjoyable place to work
Toddler Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIMay 24, 2017
My shifts started at 8 most days and my departure was about 430. My coworkers and I on most days ended up with 10 kids per day minimum. In the Toddler room we would start out with breakfast and then circle time, followed by outdoor play. After the kids have gotten all their morning jitters out, we would come in to do a special activity, followed by lunch and nap time. Once kids woke up from nap, it was snack time and pick up time for the last two hours of child care. The hardest part of my job were transitions and I learned we have to make those moments fun and attention capturing for the children. The most enjoyable part of working with children, is the satisfaction and appreciation I get from families and the relationships you form with the children.
Don't remember enough to give a good review
Internship in Foster Care Program (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MIMay 21, 2017
I do not remember enough to give a good honest review. Long hours and low pay are a part of the field. Must have tolerance and patience for a wide variety of people.
It was good for expereince in case managment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIApril 18, 2017
I interned BSW. It was good experience to learn case management. I didn't receive good supervision, but the supervisor no longer works there. A lot of work, but worth it
Productive and enjoyable team of employees
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  MontanaApril 18, 2017
good place to work with great benefits and room for advancement and good hours Monday through Friday. Staff is very good to work with along educational trainings provided.
Pros
great benefits, and advancement in a state office
Cons
under staffed for the workload and caseload
Love my job but I need to make more money.
Family Partner (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 3, 2017
I absolutely love my job, however, the salary is less than desired. People in similar positions with less experience make more money than I do at other companies.
Cfsbny review
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14209March 26, 2017
Good company to start off with. Enjoyed the schedule given to me to accommodate for my school schedule. Great coworkers, easy going atmosphere. Management could use some work.
Good Management and Very Nice People
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 10, 2017
Loved working there and the people are so nice, Its just a very stressful environment. I learned so much and have such a different outlook on life, Definitely a good place to start
Be Flexible
Child Care Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14202February 28, 2017
This job is like mill work and will burn you out quickly. it rarely follows the good social work diagram. Children are well, but parent reunification is a slow process that the agency fails at
Unorganized
Community Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Stanley G. Falk School, a New York State Education Department-approved Special Day School, provides educational programming for students aged 5-21 years, who have special learning, social, and emotional needs.
Pros
hours
Cons
unorganized
Productive and compassionate environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 9, 2017
Exposed to complex roles of social services and their relations to law enforcement as well as other community programs and services.
Family Enviorment
Senior Client Records Specialist/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIOctober 18, 2016
child and family works above and beyond to provide quality services to the public as well as to their clients. most enjoyable part was the interactions between staff
Pros
Inviting atmosphere
Cons
under staffed
fun but unorganized
Pre 3 teacher (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMOctober 10, 2016
i enjoyed working with this company on a daily basis. i enjoyed my co workers and children.The only really big downfall is that it is a very unorganized company when it comes to events that they are in charge of from meeting with the teachers or parents, workshops for parent during certain holidays, and all the other events they plan.
Pros
Monday thru Friday
Cons
organization
One of my favorite internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 14, 2016
This was one of my favorite internship's, if there was a job opening at the time i would have applied. I learned many things from this internship and meet many people who were very patient along the way.
Foster Home Therapist
Foster Home Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HINovember 10, 2015
The company provided foster homes for children and teenagers. The foster parents were usually very kind and generous. I was able to work with both the foster parents and the children by seeing the needs on either side. Assisted them in finding solutions in conflicts. Provided therapy for children. Taught classes for foster parents.
Pros
Provided a needed service.
Cons
Unclear communication
Very great place to work. The last seven years have been very rewarding to say the least. I really enjoy helping others.
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 14, 2015
Working for Child And Family Services has been very rewarding. My day consists of monitoring students and their behaviors, assisting students with their assignments during class and assuring the safety of all students and staff.
Lots of fun
certified facilitator (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 12, 2015
I loved working with all the families here. It was a great experience where I was able to get to know families from all walks of life. I worked with the children the most. It was a real treat to see them change over the course of time and really grow.
nice place to work in.
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJuly 13, 2015
I loved working for this company because I got to help a lot of people that needed my help with whatever they needed help with.
Good Place to work
Per Diem Behavioral Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 24, 2015
This is a position in which you are able to learn how to deal with children with behavioral issues. These children's ages range from 4-17 yrs old and they have many different psychological issues and concerns. Management is always available to assist you if you are in need, the staff members are great to work with and are very eager to assist you if you need the extra hand. Compensation for a per-diem employees is very good and you are usually offered many different shifts, they are able to work with you when it comes to your own personal schedule. The hardest part of the job is dealing with small children with behavioral issues, for example a 4 yr old that only wants his or her mother and is not able to contact them at any time due to allegations of neglect, abuse, or any other issues. Or the child that is a bit older and knows right from wrong but is not able to control his or her behavior due to things that have happened to them in the past, abuse, violence, bullying, or depression. Also having to see the same children on numerous occasions, however this assists with developing relationships with these children and them being more comfortable speaking with you because they know you, and are now comfortable with you as a person and staff member. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting these beautiful children and seeing glimpses of who they truly are and what they want to be after treatment.
Pros
Free lunch, supportive, assistive staff and management
Cons
NO BREAKS really, having to restrain children, being beat up on daily basis
the only job I ever quit
CRISIS CLINICIAN (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 20, 2015
Very unsafe work environment with poor hours and extremely poor staffing, unprofessional conduct of supervisors (whom have since left), the most enjoyable part of the job was doing 1:1 crisis evaluations but the paperwork was long and tedious, the worst place to work in human service field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.