Childcare Careers Employee Reviews

Very Enjoyable Work
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAOctober 31, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Child Care Careers for 3+ years. It has given me experience working in different child care center programs. Which include Head Start state facilities, private faith based ones, as well as public schools. I have worked with infant/toddlers, preschoolers, and school age children. I really gain satisfaction in knowing that I help teach a child skills they will use for the rest of their life. The flexibility is extremely appreciated and allows me to add some ECE units to my resume and also work on obtaining my teaching permit in Early Child Care Development.
Pros
The lunches are free and very healthy.
Cons
Breaks are too short.
Its a wonderful agency to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas County, TXOctober 27, 2016
I really like working for this agency that I can work on different scenarios within the child care center. It is very exciting to meet people and children in my work. I really like my job I enjoy and love working with children. The best of this agency is that I can manage my schedule and days of work. I am very sad not being able to receive more allocation since I moved from Dallas County to Tyler City I am always willing to work if I have to travel.
Pros
flextime
Great Resource for ECE professionls
East Coast Recruitment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2016
If you are an Early Education professional looking for flexibility and a multitude of experience ChildCare Careers is an excellent option. You can choose the days, hours and areas in which you'd like the work and they will assign you to one of their many schools accordingly. CCC allows you to change your availability once every 30 days, gives tuition reimbursement for ECE classes and is a great way to shop around for a permanent job if that's what you're looking for.
I enjoy and love what I do.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2016
My typical day at work includes small group,large group and interacting with the children threw out the day. I make sure the children are supervised and safe threw out the day.I learned that all children are unique in there on way,all children are special with they own design.The management team is nice and kind and supported. They do not micromanage and I love it. My co-workers are very helpful and laid back mostly everyday they have me laughing. The hardest part of my job is seeing some of the children in need,and they sometimes come in very sad.I enjoy seeing my children happy and excited about learning and having fun and we making each other laugh...
Pros
we are not micromanaged.
Cons
clean environment.
Warning, work is limited
Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2016
You never get phone calls to work. Be prepared to and expected to be on call. They only called me first thing in the morning. It was never convenient for me but I was expected to be at their beckoned call.

Pros: working with the children
Cons: very inconsistent. I got calls once a month.
productive and fun work place, knowing i can help others
Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2016
assist teachers in assignments with students evals on students help during instructional times. one on one with students who need a little more independent help
Pros
helping others
Cons
compensation, benefits
payroll department lacking
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2016
This company does not treat you respectfully. They will claim they did not receive your timecard in time to pay you EVEN when you receive a bounce back email stating that the payroll department has received your timecard. They speak rudely to you and will give you the run around about everything.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
not paid on time. not given jobs in a fair manor
Rude staff, never get jobs, horrible pay....
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2016
Yes you get to pick your own schedule but they will never call with an assignment for you. I've worked for them for three months now and I've received three assignments, one of which they sent me the wrong address and to a school where no one spoke English, and they knew I do not speak Spanish. I have changed me driving radius and have open days and that doesnt make a difference. The staff is rude and does not care about you as their employee. Also you don't get paid for your one job until about two weeks later.
Pros
Pick your own schedule
Cons
Rude staff, don't care about you, never get assignments
Subsitute teacher has been a beautiful experince
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bellaire, TXSeptember 21, 2016
I enjoy childcare careers love working with the children it has been a nice experince to meet new people hope to become a teachers aid , caseworker this experince is helping me for my long term goals
It's okay I guess
Subsitute Teacher/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2016
I like child care careers it isn't a horrible place to work but I live in an area where there isn't many assignments to go to also you can make your own schedule and have a bond with all the different kids. But I'm thinking of looking for another job because I BARELY and I mean barely have any assignments I can have my whole schedule filled up and change my travel radius 20 or 30 miles from home and I still get an assignment here or there but not consistently and it sucks.
Pros
Make your own schedule, going to different sites and seeing different kids
Cons
few assignments, no health benefits, no mileage, can't live off paycheck to paycheck, misleading
rewarding, be your own boss, your own hours, varied locations
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 14, 2016
What is great about Childcare careers is that you have room to advance and be your own boss work your own hours and choose locations that you would like to work at for different childcare/educational facilities.
Pros
benefits, job advancement, varied locations, exciting
Cons
temporary on call work may be slow at times
learned new thing
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work in different preschools in the Los Angeles area, which was great because i was able to gain knowledge at each one. I really enjoyed to see various ways of teaching.
Childcare experiemce
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
I have had the experience to work different Preschools in my area through the Childcare careers. The schools are all different in their teachings of the children today. CCC tries to keep me busy as the Orders come in for a position.
Okay
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2016
These people don't care about anything as long as you show up to work. Very inconsiderate staff. not very flexible. Very demanding. Barely pay above minimum wage. There is no actual future in this place.
management
Substitute Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 20, 2016
Considering your lead doesn't live in the same state they depend on goggle to estimate your drive time, which was very inaccurate.
Perfect for entry level into childcare
Substitute/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2016
I liked working here. It was fun and I got to know some wonderful people. I was sent to some awesome schools but unfortunately the one I liked was 45-50 mins from my house. The drive there and back was just too much on my body. The plus side was I got an extra $100 each day I drove there because it was outside of radius.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Pay
Exciting and challenging environment.
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2016
This is a great job for ECE students or parents needing something part time. The company hires you as a substitute and then gives you assignments based on your availability. You basically make your own schedule and if a school needs a teacher on one of your available days then that is where you would work.
Opportunities to work with children in their early years was a joy.
Assistance Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2016
I had limited experience with the young age group, but I had a Master's and only qualified for $8.00 as an assistant, but I did enjoy working with the Pre-K children, especially the opportunity to work with the children of Mayo Clinic employee's at Bright Horizons. I also had the opportunity for diverse environments in how to evaluate children for safety and abuse at home. I liked that they called in the morning to offer you a position, and emailed a map and information, and I liked that you were able to give them a schedule of what days and times you were available, and worked with with each individual's schedule.
Pros
great opportunities, opportunities to be hired by companies after positive work experiences
Cons
Minimum experience requirements to be considered a "substitute teacher."
Wonderful caring company
Preschool Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 15, 2015
Childcare careers is a great company to work for. They honestly care for the needs of the children they serve and seek the very best caregivers for them. Great managers. Great co-workers. Great company.
Pros
Great location, co-workers, and children.
Overall satisfactory company
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2015
A typical day at work would involve proving assistance to classroom teachers and supervision of preschool children. This job provides a entry level opportunity into the childcare field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childcare Careers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9