Childcare Careers Employee Reviews

Overall satisfactory company
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2015
A typical day at work would involve proving assistance to classroom teachers and supervision of preschool children. This job provides a entry level opportunity into the childcare field.
Wonderful caring company
Preschool Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 15, 2015
Childcare careers is a great company to work for. They honestly care for the needs of the children they serve and seek the very best caregivers for them. Great managers. Great co-workers. Great company.
Pros
Great location, co-workers, and children.
Cons
This is a very flexible and understanding company to work for.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2015
It has worked out great. They are very loyal to their employees and understand some of situations we may find our selves in quite well.
Best Job
Help teacher plan activities (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2015
How to become a better teacher
Hardest part staying up during nap
Enjoyable was being with the kids
Management was nice
Typical day at times was stressful
No men need apply.
substitute (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2015
Here are the premises:

1. ChildCare Careers does not give its customers any choice when it comes to who is sent as a substitute.
2. It is illegal to discriminate on the basis of gender.
3. The fact that gender discrimination is illegal does nothing to affect fear of men in the presence of children.
4. ChildCare Careers does not see the employee on the day that the employee is sent out to work.
5. In today’s economy, customers are precious and employees are a dime a dozen.

Put it together and you will see what you get if you are a male employee at ChildCare Careers. You take a shower, apply deodorant, brush your teeth, put on clean clothes, and show up on time with a cheerful smile. The director takes one look at you, sends you home, and tells ChildCare Careers that you showed up dirty and smelly. ChildCare Careers pretends to believe the customer, calls you back, chews you out for showing up dirty and smelly, and threatens to fire you.

After a while, I got tired of this pattern. I went back on the job search and got a job the next day.
Pros
The kids are delightful.
Cons
The adults AREN'T delightful.
great place to work for
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2015
Excellent place to work for i learned a lot from this company will like to continue to work for them, i really enjoyed my co worker i learned a lot thru her it was not hard job to me at all. the most enjoyable part of the job enriching children lives
Pros
able to go work at different schools, and different school sites
Cons
no health care benefits
The hardest part of the job
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 29, 2014
The hardest part of the job is being a substitute which can be very challenging going to a new school everyday of the week.
On call
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 7, 2014
Not much work available
I've learned to open up and work hard
Difficult yet satifying
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaJuly 2, 2014
You have to wake up extra early and respond often, and its no guarantee to get an assignment. That being said, I've learned diligence and punctuality. Staff are friendly and helpful the majority of the time, and I enjoy teaching a new set of students almost every time I'm called in.
Pros
pays well, friendly and helpful managment, pick your own scedule
Cons
flucuating rate of assignments
Professional Company with Experienced Staff
Child Care Staffing Substitute (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2014
A typical day at work would include working in a Head Start Preschool facility, assisting with food preparation, lesson planning and implementing lessons with preschool age children. This included classroom preparation and observing children's progress with the curriculum, assessment of child's progress and communication with families.
Pros
good pay and great co-workers
Cons
very few work hours provided
Great working at Sites Long-term
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2014
Learning to teach student english when their first language is spanish was a great experience.Coworkers were great. My supervisor at my last site was very outgoing professional and keep me working at all times, there was never a slow day, after children went home there was paper work still left to do, and before i left for the day I made sure i asked if there was anything that needed to be done.
Not a great place to work
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2013
The hours aren't set so I waited around all day to see if they needed me for 4 hours.
Pros
built a bond with children
Cons
pay wasn't great, can't live off paycheck. no steady hours or income.
Assignments to different headstarts with different procedures.
Substitute Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxNovember 4, 2013
A typical day would be assisting the lead teacher with the specific duties of the classroom. Engage with children in the classroom during daily activities. I learn that children are eager to learn when starting at a young age. Management is always pleased to have me as a helping hand. The co-workers are very nice about asking any questions I might have regarding the classroom expectations. The hardest part is knowing that those kids that I inspired within one day might not ever see me again. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to be around some of the smartest kids.
I enjoy working for Childcare Careers
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 20, 2013
I enjoy my job here because I get to travel around and I experience different methods of teaching and curriculum.
It is interesting to see the different facilities and how they are set up.
Every where I have gone the people have been very pleasant, cooperative, and informative.

I especially like my assignment supervisors they are very pleasant, helpful. The best part of my job is visiting new places, meeting new children, and teachers.
Hardest part is in summer time when work slows down .
Pros
usually free lunch, new people and places
Cons
no benefits unless you are fortunate to work at least 35 hours a week consistantly, or paid time off, like sick leave or holiday pay
fun work place, different schools everyday
Substitute Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 11, 2013
my typical day at child care is that they would call me to go to a school .i would go to the school and work and i would love it being around different kind of people.i loved child care careers because it got me to experience different age groups .
Pros
different schools to work for.
Cons
not that many hours.
Not a good place for anyone
assistant (Former Employee) –  californiaAugust 4, 2013
PROS none
CONS a call from a this lady who is extremely rude every morning at 6:00 am.

You have to be careful with this job. The contract clearly states that YOU CANNOT WORK IN A SITE YOU WERE SENT TO OR NOT AFTER A YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT WITH CCC. If you are seeking to be a teacher or assistant this will mess you up. CCCs customers are so many that your chances become slim. I messed up my career dont mess up yours.
Working with children in different settings
Teacher, Oakland, Berkeley, and Emeryville (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 14, 2013
Travel all over the Bay area, substituting at different preschools.
I learn how a Montessori school is run. Management were friendly. All the teachers for the most part were helpful, as to what were my jobs. The hardest part was finding parking. I enjoyed helping children learn from different diversities. And meeting new people.
Pros
going to different schools and learning what the schools believe.
Cons
never knowing where i would be subing
Fun
Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2013
it is definitely not a micromanagement type of job, you get alot of flexibility, and everyone is very friendly.
Pros
you work at your own pace
Cons
parking
Misleading!
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 2, 2013
CCC is very misleading with just about everything. I got lot's of assignments when I first began but that came to an end three months later when I stopped getting called. Since this was my only job I ended up filing for unemployment which they gave me a very hard time about. Turns out that I later find out that many of the schools stopped using their services so that is why I never got called again. I was able to work all day and willing to drive far to jobs but yet they would only give me jobs very close to home. Sometimes I would be on my way to an assignment and get a call at the last minute saying it had been cancelled. I felt that this place is run by a bunch of college frat girls who all are rude. When you needed time off they would give you a hard time even though I went for days without them calling with an assignment. Also if a school that you subbed for wanted to hire you they would have to pay some kind of contract fee or you couldn't be hired for a year since you last subbed for them. Their promise of jobs everyday is wrong. The best thing you can do is to put yourself on sub list at various schools on you own. I love children but this place is not the way to go.
Pros
a good place to start or if you have a limited schedule
Cons
low pay, few to no hours
I love working with kids
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  californiaDecember 13, 2012
I learn alot, I get to see how they grow and how they learn.. I also teach them how to write thier name write down numbers, letters. We sing with the kids we dance and we also play with the kids. Sometimes when the kids get durty we change them. We also feed them if thier older kids we let them eat by them self if they need help on opeing up something we help them.
Pros
we bring food
Cons
sometimes long break and short break