Childcare Network Employee Reviews

Directors could care less
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCMay 21, 2017
The directors only care about the parents. They don't care if a child is sick and running a fever or has pink eye. They will let that child stay just so that they don't have to make the parents mad and tell them to take their sick child home as to not get the other children or teachers sick.
fun place
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2017
when working at childcare network it taught me lots of patience. i enjoyed interacting with the children. i looked forward to going to work everyday. i knew the challenge would be different.
Overall good place to work.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAMay 14, 2017
Fun atmosphere to work in, especially if you love children. The children are amazing while some staff were difficult to manage, most enjoyed their job and the career they had chosen.
Learning and Teaching Experience
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2017
A typical day is arriving during breakfast and greeting staff and children present. Record arrival times, begin routine care, greet parents, children upon arrival and think about daily schedule. I have learned to be patient, watch my tone and maintain integrity. Workplace culture is strained in my opinion. I feel unappreciated and under paid. I hear positive things in staff meetings but receive no individual professional guidance. Most enjoyable part of the job is children's growth, communicating with parents and ongoing learning within myself.
Pros
room for growth, lunch, coworkers with experience
Cons
breaks, pay
Productive and fun to work with
Teacher Assistant/Floater (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 7, 2017
Everyone is nice and friendly there. Both bosses are extremely energetic. The kids are awesome and the curriculum is to as well. The benefits are good as well.
Great job if you enjoy stress and getting sick.
Head teacher (Former Employee) –  GAMay 1, 2017
A very poor job choice. The company is wonderful and I loved my coworkers, however the management was awful! I would have to work on other people's responsibilities along with my own responsibilities. A warning: A lot is expected of you if you take this job. Depending on which job you are given, you will be unable to breaks. Most of the time, I would have to use the restrooms that were located in the classroom to even get a restroom break. I rarely had time to prepare for classes, and was given a lot of work to do. At times it felt as though I was unappreciated. I would not find out about trainings until the last minute. If a child had some kind of sickness, or something contagious (lice, strep, etc) then the kids would still come in and though you were told they would be sent home, they weren't always. I was put in a classroom alone with most of the kids even though it was over the ratio. I talked to management about it, and was told that they were too busy to help. I had gotten sick, thanks to a student being able to stay in my classroom, though they were contagious but will still told to come in the next day. I did not have paid sick leave. Depending on the job, you have to go to work, even when your kids are not there. This is great if you have catch up work to do, but expect them to throw in a training, since you "have the time". I have a degree in education, however this made me feel like the time spent in college was worthless, because I had to throw away everything I had learned to deal with these students. There was always a staff member quitting, because of the management.  more... All in all, I would never work for these people again.The one positive aspect of this job were the kids, some of the parents, and several of the other teachers. Everyone bonded over a hatred for the management.  less
Pros
Snacks during training, awesome kids, great teachers
Cons
Management sucks.
Fun place to work. Never a dull moment!
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 29, 2017
A typical day at work is busy and fast paced.
I've learned to have more patience as well as how to be a better problem solver.
Management team is GREAT!!!!
Not at all hard. Challenging at times but never hard.
Knowing that I was able to change childrens lives through loving as well as educating them.
Childcare Network
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 25, 2017
Childcare Network is fun if you like working with kids, but the turn over rate is outstanding. There is no room for advancement. The kids are crazy. Co-workers and management get a long pretty well.
The company just was not a good company
OFFICE ASSISTANT / MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 23, 2017
This company took to many risk when it came down to following the guide lines of the security of the clients and state guide lines. The company focus more on money than provide a good clean healthy environment for children and employees.
Pros
The summer program was good.
Cons
The fees that were charge was to expensive for the care that the children were receiving.
I loved working with the children
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time at this job and I loved the children. My daughter actually went to the daycare with Mr and she loved the daycarr. The only problem I had was when she got hand foot and mouth. She was out for a week and then I got it so I was out for two weeks total. They still charged me for the two weeks that she wasn't in there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not sending kids home when they have fevers
na
assistant director in training (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2017
To understand the background of the company isn't easy, it is a challenge and it is hard to understand any sort of situation. sometimes you have to put your effort on things, but sometimes it don't fall in place.
Productive and busy workplace. Great place to build lasting professional relationships
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 20, 2017
Great company overall! There is a lot of support for district managers, directors and teachers. The culture of the workplace is positive, uplifting and focused on relationship building. The team I'm on is very close and we have created a "School Family" who supports one another and works closely together.
poor advancement and benefits
SA-1 and SA-2 Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 19, 2017
overall good staff, and good care of students. Poor compensation, and advancement. supervisors do not care for workers very much. Facilities in need of upgrade.
Pros
Cons
poor benefits, poor advancement.
Teacher
Early Childhood Teacher - Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2017
I love this job. I enjoy teaching kids. They are so smart and curious. I love to create a fun lesson plan for them. I was 8 months pregnant here when I had my son early. I could have went back but I need more time with my premature son so I applied at convergys but I wish I would have came back because I really loved this job and my son would have been in this daycare while I was working
Fun place to work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 18, 2017
I love working a childcare network its my passion always wanted to work with childrens the manager is a nice person and I love my job it's easy work and I enjoy the children.
Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher Toddler Room (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2017
 Creating lesson plans
 Scheduling teacher parent conferences
 Educating the children
 Great communication skills
 Planning assessment
I really enjoy working withe the kids and seeing them progress overtime brings a smile to my face.
ok job.. poor managment but this was years ago
Childcare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCApril 13, 2017
many many years ago, poor management at the time I had worked there. Great kids to care for thought. No benefits except my kids were there when I was employed.
Pros
good working hours no weekends
Great Place To Be
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bristol VaApril 13, 2017
The early childhood industry can always be challenge and normally your day never runs the same. At Childcare Network they do their best to provide as much consistency as possible for the students and teachers by providing daily schedules and free meals. All teachers receive paid time off and discounts. Sometimes staff members calling in sick make days tougher to get through but all in all this us a great place to work.
Pros
paid time off, weekends off, holidays off, smiling children, great parents
Cons
staff members calling in
Typical Franchise
LEAD TEACH ER (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 11, 2017
The school had a nice set up. The families were not very supportive in the education of their children which made things very difficult on some days.
Beware: dont waste your time!!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 4, 2017
This place was by far the worst place I have ever been employed, the management sucks and they are rude! they care nothing about their employees and they are very money hungry. I spent so much time and money in the place and still got screwed over in the long run. everyone there is messy including management. The District manger is dirty as well. The pay is HORRIBLE I was an assistant teacher and only made 7.75 an hour.
Pros
They worked with school schedules.
Cons
Healthcare, Employees, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childcare Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9