Childcare Network Employee Reviews

A Corporate Environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2014
I am detail oriented, organized, and prefer a predictable schedule. I have learned that people take the "predictable" right out of the day. The children must spend the day in a safe and educationally stimulating environment that fosters social and emotional growth in a fun and loving manner. This must be accomplished by teachers who, though well meaning, sometimes lack professional integrity (it's not surprising, looking at the history of early education). The director balances the needs of the children and their parents(!) with the abilities and willingness of the teachers, all while maintaining licensing regulations, accounts, budgets, and paperwork...with a smile. It is a privilege to be a part of a child's development during those precious early years, but it is not for the faint of heart.
Very unprofessional management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 21, 2013
The center has the potential to be great, but in my opinion, the director is the main problem at this location. She's rude, and talks to the teachers with such attitude and disrespect. Constantly talking about how important it is to follow their many rules, while she, herself, rarely follows them, making it clear that they do not apply to her. She discusses employees with other employees. I firmly believe she is the main reason for the high turnover rate with teachers. They expect you to work extra hours, but want you to take a longer break to avoid paying you overtime. Ridiculous. Extremely unprofessional.
Pros
children are great
Cons
low pay, long hours, horrible management
Loved working with the children
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 13, 2015
I greeted the children with their parents, conducted circle time, Changed diapers, feed them meals, provide music and movement, story time, outdoor play, center and activity time. Their was rest time in which sofy music was provided. I provided a safe, nurturing and learning environment for all children.
I worked well with my co-worker and other teachers.

The hardest part of the job is no consistency with management, everyone is giving input on personal experiences and no one is qualified to lead anyone.
What I enjoyed about the job was working with the children and watching them grow,
Pros
Time is consistent and children are consistent with attending
Cons
too much management turn over- four directors in three years. Huge teacher turn over
Great Pride
Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 11, 2015
This job is for self motivated individuals who can work well under stress. Shifts start 630 a.m. first breakfast has to be on the table by 7 a.m. by 730 a.m. Pre-K breakfast has to be served (110 students). By 8 a.m. you have served 140 students as the only cook. 8 a.m. breakfast for infants, toddlers, two's, younger and older three approximately 60 additional students. Lunch should be started before breakfast ends at 830 a.m. Lunch should be ready to go for 110 students by 1030 a.m. Center side should be ready by 11 a.m. The hardest part is managing time. The most enjoyable part is when the children say the food was good and flavorful.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
n/a
great learning environment
Pre K Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 15, 2013
A typical day at work is children learning, have fun, and learn how to interact with others. I learned how to teach children from where they are. To do to them and teach each one as an individual, knowing that not everyone learn in the same way. As long as I did my job I had no problems with the management staff. The co-workers were friendly and away willing to help one another in times of need. To me there were no hard parts to this job just thing to overcome. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the children learn.
Pros
an opportunity to teach children at their prime
Productive and nice place to for
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 29, 2013
A typical day at work is when classroom activities went smooth and was easy to transition the kids in order to teach curriculum and outside activities. The co-workers were pleasant and respectable to one another. My mot enjoyable part of the job was the kids and how they were eager to learn old and new materials and talk about themselves. Management was courteous. I learned better ways to teach each child because every child is unique in their own way. There was no hard parts to me; except to miss a child when they were out because they missed what was being taught.
Pros
productive activities
Cons
don't have any
Loved working with the children
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCFebruary 25, 2015
The reason I stuck with this job is to gain experience and because I truly loved the children very much. It was hard getting up and going to a job that I nor any of the other employees were appreciated the majority of the time. I also took classes and received hardly any pay or hours for as much as I put into the company. I believe the center I worked at has improved in the last year but when I was there, it was difficult to deal with. I did however leave on good terms and was able to because of the way I had learned to handle many situations there. As I said, it was hard but also learned a lot from it.
A good place to have your children to be well taking care of.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2014
A typical day would be for me is going to work and the same thing again. What I learned in childcare is every child does the same thing. When in my class with my children I always manage what they are doing. I am friends with all of my co-workers we all get alone. Well, the hardest part of my job is trying to understand one of my children don't speak English. He is from Russia so I am trying to understand him and have him speak English at the same time. But the most enjoyable part is I love my children.
Pros
i don't like taking a lunch.
Cons
when i clock out an hour is to long.
Productive place to work at but no advancement at current position.
Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Perform daily checkups on designated vans such as checking head and taillights, monitoring gas usage and insuring that all car and booster seats are installed properly. Perform home pickups and drop-offs for children using the van service. Take children to and from daycare and school. Drive the children on there field trips while aiding the teachers in activities and lunch with the kids. Learned more patience working with so many different kids. Co-workers as well as management are all helpful & good to work around.
Pros
working with the children
Cons
split shift
Productive fun, enjoyable and rewarding
Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GANovember 11, 2013
Interacting with children all day. I have learned a lot on how to deal with the emotional needs of toddlers/children. Management can be hectic because there is so much responsibility that come with dealing with children. Co-workers are great because we work together as a team to get things accomplished. Hardest part of the job is when you can't comfort all the children at once because you only have two hands. The most enjoyable part is being able to love and care for the children while their parents are away working.

Want to know more about Childcare Network?

Ask a question
Was a large room childeren could use to jun and play when it rainedust r
KPA Teacher (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCApril 22, 2015
The hardest part of this job was being in a class with a teacher that knew nothing g always someone else to do her job and the company knew and did nothing about it.

My most enjoyable part of this job was teaching my children and seeing their smiles when they finally understand something I was teaching them

Management did nothing but talked or fussed about what we need to do but never what they need to do to help the teachers..
Pros
Loved changing things the classroom plus the building
Cons
too business not family oriented
busy atmosphere
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNAugust 4, 2015
Working with children while also cleaning, organizing, decorating, teaching, routine record keeping, and communicating with parents. I learned how to multi-task along with having patience. The management and coworkers at the time were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was working with children all day long then going home to my own children. The most enjoyable part of my job was having fun and watching the kids learn.
Pros
daytime job, off on weekends
Cons
feeling trapped in a room, and having to wait on an adult to release me to use the restroom
Fun workplace, basket ball
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 23, 2015
First few days was very hard for me because new people and new stuff, they were working over there for a long time, they were used too for everything but i was new so taken some time for adjustment.
I learned with my co-workers lots of new things like babies sleeping times and eating time and playtime. When they were sick, cried allot that time was hard. When i sang song with them, they enjoyed too much and happy.
Pros
free lunches, celebrate birthdays and paid meetings
Cons
long breaks one hours, paid holidays and over time
Disorganized, poorly managed company
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  3009 University Ave Columbus GAApril 2, 2015
a typical work day consisted of cooking, cleaning, subbing in class rooms, going on bus runs, taking payments, and making sure everyone was doing what they're supposed to.
My co-workers were great for the most part, there were a select few who I questioned on how they got a job in childcare.
The hardest part of the job was having my manager yell at everyone and blame everyone for her stress and her mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the children and teaching them and watching them grow and learn!
Review
NC Pre-k Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Bern NCDecember 6, 2014
Their as adequate planning time to arrange the classroom. The day is fun-filled and goes by quickly. I learn leadership skills daily and how to maintain organization and consistency on the job and outside of work. The managment is supportive and attentive of the workers overall need. I attempt to collaborate with colleagues as often as possible. We are a team. The hardest part of the job is balancing the different requirements needed to keep the classroom running smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the children grow and enjoy learning.
Childcare Network
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2012
A typical day at work as a teacher is going threw a curriculum with the children falling a day today schedule.I learn by being able to know how to manage each child as a one on one base. How each and ever child learn and how to teach them so they can learn.The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the children and they have to move up or they are no longer coming to the school. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing each and everyone of the kids are smiling and happy and can tell they are learning what I have tout them.
Nice environment
Educator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 20, 2015
Typical day at work is playing in centers and going outside to play. Also teaching them how to use manners and their words instead of physical action. Management is good, as well as the co-workers The hardest part about my job is dealing with so many children at once. It is definitely a lot of work for one person. The thing i enjoy the most is seeing the children grow, how fast they learn and how much they've changed through the year.
It was an alright environment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, Ga 31088July 27, 2015
A typical day at was very stressful. I learned to always cover myself and check behind my work. Management was never there when you needed it. My co-workers were always unhappy. To tell a parent the changes that had been made and the management not follow through with their own changes.The most enjoyable part was working wit the children.
Pros
I ate lunch with my kids
Cons
Having to take longer breaks because of bad time management
Productive and A fun place to work at
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 22, 2014
My typical day at work was Productive. I enjoyed helping the kids read, write, draw and etc. I have learned that helping the kids in what they need help in is a great accomplishment. Management was very productive and gave good guidelines. My co-workers was very respectful and good to work with. The hardest of the job was is learning to see who good at what, whats their strengths and weakness. The most enjoyable part of the job was just enjoying working with the kids in everything they needed help in.
Pros
free lunches for the kids, etc
Cons
short breaks for the kids, etc
Productive and fun workplace with a variety of classroom, teachers and children.
Preschooler Lead teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2015
Childcare Network is a nice environment. the people are a joy to be around. Each classroom has a daily schedule that we abide by and I would say the best part of the day to me is group time when I have my children's attention so that I can teach new things. For the children I would say playing in centers and outside time are a child's favorite thing to do at school.