Childcare Network

Childcare Network Employee Reviews

Stressful
Early Childhood Education Teacher (Current Employee), columbus, gaApril 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: stressful
This environment was very stressful. My schedule changed every week so I never had a life outside of work. I would never work for this company again.
A day at work when I worked for Childcare Network
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALApril 14, 2015
Pros: Wonderful place to work
Cons: No benefits & no raises
I loved my job at Childcare Network! I started working there while I was still in high school & continued to work there for over 2 years after I graduated. Everything about the work environment there was great! I was responsible for caring for children of all ages ranging from 6 months old to 6+ years old.
Disorganized, poorly managed company
Assistant Director (Former Employee), 3009 University Ave Columbus GAApril 2, 2015
a typical work day consisted of cooking, cleaning, subbing in class rooms, going on bus runs, taking payments, and making sure everyone was doing what they're supposed to.
My co-workers were great for the most part, there were a select few who I questioned on how they got a job in childcare.
The hardest part of the job was having my manager yell at everyone and blame everyone for her stress and her mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the children and teaching them and watching them grow and learn!
Challenging environment with little benefits
North Carolina Pre-K Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Swansboro, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Set work schedule
Cons: Little compensation
I am happy that I have worked for Childcare Network. However, the pay is atrocious. Through my employment with Childcare Network I have learned patience and perseverance.
If you love kids DO IT FOR THE KIDS!
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: the joy of children
Cons: management, bennifits
Enjoyed working there. I loved my students. Management werent so professional. Gave option of furthering education and said upon completion will receive pay raise.. NEVER received! If you love working with kids apply but if youre in it for money its totally NOT worth it!
Not a aduquate amount of staff
Bus driver (Former Employee), savannah gaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: renewed cpr/first aid certificate
My day was to come in from 8-515 and drive the school age kids to school and leave come back at 2to 5-15...but was not hired for that...I was a infant, 1yr, 2yr, 3yr, and after school teacher and bus driver it was to much
Loved working with the children
Teacher (Former Employee), Havelock, NCFebruary 25, 2015
The reason I stuck with this job is to gain experience and because I truly loved the children very much. It was hard getting up and going to a job that I nor any of the other employees were appreciated the majority of the time. I also took classes and received hardly any pay or hours for as much as I put into the company. I believe the center I worked at has improved in the last year but when I was there, it was difficult to deal with. I did however leave on good terms and was able to because of the way I had learned to handle many situations there. As I said, it was hard but also learned a lot from it.
Productive place to work at but no advancement at current position.
Van Driver (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: working with the children
Cons: split shift
Perform daily checkups on designated vans such as checking head and taillights, monitoring gas usage and insuring that all car and booster seats are installed properly. Perform home pickups and drop-offs for children using the van service. Take children to and from daycare and school. Drive the children on there field trips while aiding the teachers in activities and lunch with the kids. Learned more patience working with so many different kids. Co-workers as well as management are all helpful & good to work around.
Enjoyable and Educational place to work
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee), Bristol, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Each day there is very unpredictable and that is what I enjoy about working there. Management and co-workers treat you as family and you can go to them with anything that concerns you.
child care network
teachers assitant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2015
I love going to work each and everyday to teach the children. They put a smile on my face. Even though each day has a new challenge, I still manage to maintain.
n/a
More at Four Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Matthews, NCFebruary 16, 2015
The work environment was not positive, and there was a lack of support from management. The management team only seemed to be concerned with themselves rather than the staff.
Fun and caring work environment with a great team.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, NCFebruary 11, 2015
I normally work from 7-4 and I am lead teacher in the infant room. Immediately I begin feeding and changing the children. They normally eat every 2-3 hours depending on their age and I check/change their diapers hourly. I also play on the floor most of the time with them to get on their level. We read books, look at ourselves in the mirror, have tummy time, and practice motor skills. Communication is another big important part of the job. I have learned that while building a relationship with the children, you also have to build relationship with the parents/families of the children. I love watching the children learn and grow into their own little person. They each have their own unique personalities and qualities. Knowing that I made a difference in the child's life makes the day worth it no matter what.
Mediocre Daycare in Quality but Local and Affordable
Substitute teacher (Current Employee), Smyrna, GaFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: nuitritional meals are balanced and diverse, affordable for parents
Cons: inconsistent/unmotivated teachers, large classroom numbers, unorganized scheduling
This center use to be under a different name until it was bought out by Childcare Network. Though it provides enough classrooms and space for every grade level, the organization in teamwork and management could use some improvement. For those that cannot simply afford daycare, this place is great for that to help aid parents in being able to afford a place for their children to go, but what the team lacks is not communication but a sense of compliance, consistency, and pride in position of being an educator.

The management team does what it can to update its employees with up-to-date information on teaching techniques and online classes, but to minimal fault of their own the selection of teachers that lack passion and skills of class management can have another employee concerned.

I am happy however to see that the children have enough material to work with and their sense of community when they feel involved and important by some of the educators, but numbers in the classroom are very high, making it difficult for teachers to keep things organized and a sense of balance in some of the classrooms.
Great place to work with many opportunities
Director (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: discount for own children's enrollment
Cons: benefits not great
Childcare Network can be a great place to work. It is enjoyable to work with children and help them learn and grow. We are allowed the opportunity to use our creative talents to enhance our workplace while staying within the state guidelines. There is advancement possibilities. They offer opportunities to further your education.
Great group of children and families
Center Director (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company ut the only reason why I left was because of the rate of pay and o benefits.
fun workplace
Assistant Teacher/ Customer service (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXDecember 16, 2014
it was a clean place to work at. They always talked with the parents when they came in to pick their child up. But when it came to the boss she was always gone. Not enough teachers.
Productive fun place to work.
Teacher (Current Employee), Crestview, FLDecember 15, 2014
Playing and teaching children. Interacting with parents.
A place to make a diference in a childs life
Three Year Old Teacher (Current Employee), Conyers, GADecember 9, 2014
I enjoy working for Childcare Network and making a difference in a child's life .What I enjoy the most is working with kids and making them happy.
Review
NC Pre-k Lead Teacher (Current Employee), New Bern NCDecember 6, 2014
Their as adequate planning time to arrange the classroom. The day is fun-filled and goes by quickly. I learn leadership skills daily and how to maintain organization and consistency on the job and outside of work. The managment is supportive and attentive of the workers overall need. I attempt to collaborate with colleagues as often as possible. We are a team. The hardest part of the job is balancing the different requirements needed to keep the classroom running smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the children grow and enjoy learning.
A Corporate Environment
Director (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2014
I am detail oriented, organized, and prefer a predictable schedule. I have learned that people take the "predictable" right out of the day. The children must spend the day in a safe and educationally stimulating environment that fosters social and emotional growth in a fun and loving manner. This must be accomplished by teachers who, though well meaning, sometimes lack professional integrity (it's not surprising, looking at the history of early education). The director balances the needs of the children and their parents(!) with the abilities and willingness of the teachers, all while maintaining licensing regulations, accounts, budgets, and paperwork...with a smile. It is a privilege to be a part of a child's development during those precious early years, but it is not for the faint of heart.

About Childcare Network

Childcare Network is a provider of quality early childhood education for children from 6 weeks to 12 years of age. The company – Read more

Childcare Network Salaries