ChildFund International Employee Reviews

An evolving organization that's doing work that matters
Other (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2016
The best part about my job is knowing my colleagues and our partners around the world care deeply about children and strive to do our best every day to make the world a better place for children. That clear focus differentiates us from other international nonprofits with vague 'poverty alleviation' missions. Is ChildFund perfect? No. But over the past year we've seen several new leaders and staff come on board (and some who needed to go have left). The tone at the top is shifting in a positive way and we have a lot of motivated and talented staff around the world.I feel like it's a good & exciting time to be here.
Pros
Mission, colleagues, new better benefits (lots of vacation time)
Cons
Limited resources / budget cuts, can be old-school/bureaucratic
Focused on deprived and excluded child with high team work environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Addis AbabaSeptember 27, 2016
ChildFund international Ethiopia country office staffs and working environment are so good as we are stand together to help children who are living in the most excluded, deprived and vulnerable situation. I love my organization and my work as I have been working there for more than 6 years. I am thankful for all my staffs working at National office and in the field as well.
Fantastic people. Terrible leadership.
Regional Philanthropy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
I had a great initial supervisor, but when she left to find an employer who knew what a Major Gifts department actually needs to succeed, this organization put us under the oversight of the VP of Sponsorship, who proceeded to hire a consultant to run us. Both were terrible choices; the VP knew nothing about fundraising, and the consultant managed to alienate every member of our team within weeks. Stay away. They do amazing work on the program side, but they are clueless when it comes to fundraising.
Odd for a charity
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAFebruary 21, 2016
Very odd? The executives do nothing about the managers behaving like high school bullies. So sad because the staff in the field are unbelievable wonderful unselfish people.
Do not work here.
Do not care to provide title (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2015
This was once one of the best places to work in Richmond, not any more. Management practices have become toxic, and there is no work/life balance.
Not my kind of place
IT Project Manager/Sys & Apps Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 18, 2013
I enjoyed working to improve the lives of children. However, it is not a place to improve and learn project management skills and techniques, be on the cutting edge of technological advancements in the PM field, and a work culture that is very exclusive.
My work day
Sr. Computer Operator/ Desktop Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2015
I come in at 6:30am and check operations, batch jobs. I sort out printed letters from a Konica Minolta printer.
I check the Web-Helpdesk tickets, voicemail messages and emails. I do a Break\Fix on tickets. I rebuild laptops and desktops by using Acronis Imaging software. I use teamviewer to remote into systems across the world. Then, I run in-house operations job.
Pros
Lunch anytime, Great Director
Cons
Last minute requests
very productive
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
I like working for them it was a good experience. i love working with children, they were all so fun and respectful. it was a nice environment.
Summary
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2015
The best part is the people that I work with; however, (upper) management seem to be careless when making decisions and there is no room for advancement.
A global company
Manager of Networks & Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2015
Good people to support and help you grow in your field. This company offers an opportunity to work with people all over the world. Like most jobs so much depends on the person you are working for. You will have the chance to make a difference.
Pros
Summer hours
Cons
No bonuses.
ChildFund really changes lives and makes a difference.
Senior Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2012
ChildFund has gone through many changes over the past few years, but their value and integrity has not changed.
Very political protocols.
Senior Major Gift Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2014
No thanks. Very negative organization. Did not fully appreciate fund-raising team, so I retired.