ChildFund International Employee Reviews

My work day
Sr. Computer Operator/ Desktop Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2015
I come in at 6:30am and check operations, batch jobs. I sort out printed letters from a Konica Minolta printer.
I check the Web-Helpdesk tickets, voicemail messages and emails. I do a Break\Fix on tickets. I rebuild laptops and desktops by using Acronis Imaging software. I use teamviewer to remote into systems across the world. Then, I run in-house operations job.
Pros
Lunch anytime, Great Director
Cons
Last minute requests
Do not work here.
Do not care to provide title (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2015
This was once one of the best places to work in Richmond, not any more. Management practices have become toxic, and there is no work/life balance.
A global company
Manager of Networks & Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2015
Good people to support and help you grow in your field. This company offers an opportunity to work with people all over the world. Like most jobs so much depends on the person you are working for. You will have the chance to make a difference.
Pros
Summer hours
Cons
No bonuses.
Summary
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2015
The best part is the people that I work with; however, (upper) management seem to be careless when making decisions and there is no room for advancement.
Very political protocols.
Senior Major Gift Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2014
No thanks. Very negative organization. Did not fully appreciate fund-raising team, so I retired.
Not my kind of place
IT Project Manager/Sys & Apps Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 18, 2013
I enjoyed working to improve the lives of children. However, it is not a place to improve and learn project management skills and techniques, be on the cutting edge of technological advancements in the PM field, and a work culture that is very exclusive.
ChildFund really changes lives and makes a difference.
Senior Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2012
ChildFund has gone through many changes over the past few years, but their value and integrity has not changed.