ChildNet Employee Reviews

Child Advocate
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLJune 4, 2016
Fast paste environment that requires multiple task to be completed. The job is a everyday learning experience and provide opportunities to grow.
Room for Improvement
Child Advocate/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 3, 2016
While the experience gained through ChildNet can prepare you for a variety of positions within social work, the cost to your personal life is high. The case load size is too high for anyone to be able to effectively do their job. It is not uncommon to be out until 8 or 9 p.m. at night after working all day. If you have young children and do not have an EXCELLENT support system in place, don't bother applying. There will be last minute court hearings, clients that aren't at home for a scheduled visit, runaway teens that you need to go pick up and a myriad of other things that make it difficult to manage. I love the ability to make a difference in people's lives, but this job was entirely too much.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Case load is too high, poor compensation
Long rewarding hours
Adoption Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 5, 2016
The hours were long but my supervisor was always there for us. Co-workers worked as a team. Deadlines were hard to keep up with.
Pros
rewarding work.
Cons
Long hours away from your own family
busy
Adoptions Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLNovember 7, 2015
I enjoyed being employed by this agency it was a great career opportunity. It is a fast paced job, working independently. Testifying in court and completed court reports, advocating for childrens well being and safety.
Productive work environment
Child Advocate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 21, 2015
My job involves working with children that have been removed from their parents for various reasons. The hardest part of the job is seeing children that has been abused and/or neglected and watching siblings being separated due to there being no available foster homes to care for them together. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the kids that were removed due to abuse, abandonment and/or neglect, are being placed in a more suitable environment with people who want to care for them and provide them with love and a caring family.
Intensive Learning Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 23, 2015
A typical day for me at ChildNet involved coordinating with foster parents and biological parents times and dates for visitation and resolving possible problems with transportation or conflicting times. I also was expected to supervise at least five to six parent-child visits in one day. In each visit, I would observe family interaction, note progress in parent or child behavior, redirect negative parent or child behavior, and be the eyes and ears of the agency during that visit. I would write reports for every visit in which I would go in detail about every single interaction observed between the parent and child. It was a fast-paced job and the the job culture could be stressful at times because of the fast-paced nature of the job. However, I had an excellent supervisor that was very approachable and eager to teach and correct me in anything she saw I needed assistance. I love to be challenged, therefore, I believe she helped me a lot in my communication skills as well as my confidence in social work.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Short breaks, fast-paced work environment, burnout in co-workers
Safe place
Lead Child Advocate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2015
Where I work it is ok the service we provided is much needed, but the pay is hard to live on in my current position and my take home is not meeting my basic needs, my co workers are great and my supervisor is awesome.
The company is a good place to work if you enjoy working with children , however the management is really what makes a worker hate this company
Child Advocate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 29, 2015
This company really needs to do a review of the people they put in charge of certain departments, The transportation supervisor is one who takes his favorite employees out the mix of doing work, he will have them sit in the office all day while the other people in transportation are busy doing their work load and the work load of the employees who happen to be the supervisor's favorite. There were many times I had to work through my lunch hour , and when it was time for me to be paid for the hours I worked it was always an issue of the supervisor not wanting to pay me. They also choose who they want to grant overtime hours to.
Pros
Getting to work with children
Cons
Bad management.. Pay rate went down while working
Great work desperately needed. Poor work environment
Child Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 16, 2015
The work is necessary and fulfilling. However, the agency is in business to perpetuate itself. Their first and last goal is self-preservation not the best interest of the child. There are a lot of good people; there are a lot of so-so people. The management is sketchy and if you don't watch your back you're history.
Pros
Helping children and their families is great work.
Cons
If anything goes wrong you'll be thrown under the bus in a heart beat, even if you were never near the mistake made.
dont apply
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 5, 2015
Takes over your life with no support. Demanding beyond what you can accomplish everything will be your fault. Full of people telling you what to do with no help of executing tasks. AKA you will be slave.
Great agency with a meaningful message
Reunification Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 24, 2014
The job is fast paced but manageable if you are very organized. Upper management cares a great deals about their employees but its a challenge when supervisors have to assign cases within his/her unit at least twice a week and actively assisting trainees. This is not a 9-5 for Child Advocates and their supervisors. This job is very rewarding but you have constantly remind yourself why are you are here and focus on the positive for your children and families touched.
Pros
benefits and flexible working hours
Cons
long work days and 24 hours on call
Job was always filled with excitement
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Plantation, Florida 33313June 20, 2014
I enjoy working with children and families. My passion is to see individuals live a life of fulfillment. Being a Case Manager affords me the ability to assist many individuals in being a productive citizen in society and giving them the resources they need in order to do so. Working in Case Management offers so many opportunities. Working at Childnet you never know what to expect, just that each day will be different than the day before. I always look forward to each day because it gives an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your client.
Making a difference in the children's lives
Reunification Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 3, 2014
This has been a one in lifetime experience. My supervisor was always there to assist and offer guidance with needed. The hardest part of the job was managing cases and meeting deadlines.
Pros
flexibility, great support systems, ability to work from home, high caseload
Cons
long working hours, unexpected emergencies, lots of driving
Child Advocate
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FloridaMarch 15, 2014
The mission of the position is great- helping abused/neglected children. But the reality is, the caseload is too high to effectively fullfill all requirements. Hours are long and salary is very low, it does not match the cost of living in Broward County.
Pros
flexible schedule, some management
Cons
low pay, long hours, little respect for the position
Horrible working environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Horrible working environment, horrible management, low pay, no growth, low moral.
ChildNet
Program Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 7, 2013
Professional place of business dedicated to the well-being of dependent children.
Very stressful work place
Child Advocate/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 19, 2013
Busy Busy Busy work environment. Daily court visits, Staffings and department meetings daily. 24 hour work schedule. On call work and expandable work load. Excessive Driving of personal vehical throughout the entire Broward County. New hireTrainings on a weekly basis.
Pros
no micro managing, great benefits, great pay
Cons
work and case loads, excessive driving, court visits
If they like you, the sky is the limit.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 24, 2013
I worked for this company a few years and I would just like to say how horrible my experience was. The managers seemed to suffer mental health disorders and never formed professional relationships with their employees.

I learned that you have to continue to kiss butt and not express your concerns, even when they ask for them. The President of the company is very unprofessional and enjoys saying expletives throughout staff meetings.

The position of social worker isn't hard at all. It is mainly the childish people that work there. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with children and families. The foster parents are annoying and think that they know everything.
Pros
helping foster children.
Cons
management is mentally unstable and will always cover themselves
Great Company
Unit Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 8, 2013
ChildNet is a Non profit organization that truly cares about the children. This is a very fast paced company where you have to learn to juggle many tasks at any given time. Management seems to care about their employees but the employees themselves are burnt out. The hardest part of of the job is gathering information from so many sources for reports. The most enjoyable would be the people I work with as it is very much a family.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
insurance coverage
Overl good company
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 16, 2012
ChildNet is a great company to work for. ChildNet's upper management is exceptional; however, Child Advocate is an overwhelming, overloaded job, which prevent having life/work balance.
Pros
stability, better pay than average
Cons
lack of life/work balance

2.9