ChildNet Employee Reviews

Very Stressful and fast paced
Certified Child Advocate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FL 33317August 14, 2017
Enjoyed working with children securing their safety and making sure needs are met. Court appearances were difficult. Work hours never ending. Required to be on alert 24/7. Sometimes concerned about personal safety. Would be out late hours. With some improvements and changes would do it again.
Pros
Securing safety of abused neglected children
Cons
Case loads could grow too many for effective case management
Not good
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 21, 2017
This job is time consuming, on call 24hrs a day. Overload you with cases. Horrible pay. The only rewarding thing is the positive impact you can have on a child's life. If impacting kids is something you would like to do be a teacher.
Pros
The children
Cons
everthing else
It was a great place
Child Advocate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 26, 2017
It's was fun while it lasted and it was a great experience being in a bew environment. I love working atoynd the children and the staff, I haf learn alot about being in social working environment
Worklife
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2017
Loved it here. my supervisor was extremely helpful and knowledgable . work day was never dull. my co-workers made each day one to remember. sometimes the work could be a lot but you get it done anyways.
Over good company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 15, 2017
Long hours and many feel the burden of work-life balance, pay is below average to others but mostly due to being a non-profit. 5 day weeks, Good culture but needs to have more staff engaging activities to keep staff feeling appreciated
Child Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 6, 2017
Very rewarding work, however; management need to have better relationship with employees. The benefits aren't good at all, very high cost health insurance. Case load is unreasonable.
Pros
The opportunity to help vulnerable children
Cons
Pay, time management, management, benefits
Nice laid back comfortable to work.
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2017
The staff is really friendly and willing to help when needed. The environment is really chill and laid back and my supervisor is really helpful. The job description can be overwhelming.
Pros
place to grow
Cons
low pay
horrible
Child Advocate/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2017
you will have no life, the phone rings off the hook and there is always an outstanding task. it is not enjoyable at all. most supervisors provide no support
Run for the hills!
Child Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 5, 2017
A typical day at work is chaos, stress, being cursed out by clients, and being micro-managed. Tasks that you were not able to complete the day before will begin to pile up on you as management's main focus is to make you stop doing what you planned to do and work on things they are getting in trouble for. When you do not finish a task because of the daily emergencies that happen within your case load it will still be your fault. There is little to no support and even when you explain to management that you are stressed, overwhelmed and over worked you will be ignored and given more tasks to do. The job is almost impossible to do and it is certainly not any easier when you have no support from management.

My advice? Look elsewhere. Working at ChildNet is terrible. The caseload is too high, which management does not care about because all they are looking for is a name to assign to a case. The pay is low in comparison to all of the duties you are responsible for. The benefits/insurance is awful. Work/Life balance...What is that?

I love working in the social services field, but ChildNet makes me rethink my decision to pursue this field.

Most of my days and my colleagues days end in tears from being over worked and undervalued. PLEASE! Take your education and experience to a company that will actually value and appreciate you, because you wont find that at ChildNet!
Pros
Any check is better than no check?
Cons
Everything!
Stay on task
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2017
My typical day is preparing my court orders a month in advance and making sure that the children on my case load is seen with in the 25 days deadline. I also contact providers for parent reports and misc.
Pros
Working with the children and families
Cons
No support
The company is fine
Child Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 14, 2017
ChildNet is a decent employer. I have no complaints. The job itself is just hard. I don't have anything else to say. Again, the company is fine.
Great Work Place just short staff
Child Advocate/Child Welfare Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Loved working for ChildNet. I worked with great management who were supportive and assisted you when needed. Difficult with high case loads with many children.
Pros
Great Management, help kids
Cons
high caseload
good entry level
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309January 31, 2017
If you enjoy working with children and families, then I recommend this job. It has a high turn over rate and can be very stressful.
My opinion
Child Advocate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 13, 2016
While working with ChildNet, I hated the culture for advancement. skilled workers are often overlooked for opportunities. There is a work life balance in that systems are in place to assist workers with spending time with their families.
a Productive learning environment
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2016
Environment where your co-workers and management support and assist you as you take parents/caregivers through the process of becoming and continuing to be nurturing protective care givers.
Great Workplace
Shelter Advocate (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 6, 2016
ChildNet provided me with a wonderful opportunity. I am glad I was afforded the opportunity. I look forward to many more years working with this agency. I love the idea that I am helping people who are in need.
not a plase to be
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 29, 2016
people come and go like a revolving door.

high stress!!!

management is inexperienced and can not make a decision to save their life.

Flip flop...
Child Advocate
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLJune 4, 2016
Fast paste environment that requires multiple task to be completed. The job is a everyday learning experience and provide opportunities to grow.
Love the job
Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 15, 2016
Requires hard work with little appreciation. I loved the work and the families I helped, but management is hard to like at this company.
Room for Improvement
Child Advocate/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 3, 2016
While the experience gained through ChildNet can prepare you for a variety of positions within social work, the cost to your personal life is high. The case load size is too high for anyone to be able to effectively do their job. It is not uncommon to be out until 8 or 9 p.m. at night after working all day. If you have young children and do not have an EXCELLENT support system in place, don't bother applying. There will be last minute court hearings, clients that aren't at home for a scheduled visit, runaway teens that you need to go pick up and a myriad of other things that make it difficult to manage. I love the ability to make a difference in people's lives, but this job was entirely too much.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Case load is too high, poor compensation