Childplace Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
some days are fun to be there
Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INAugust 18, 2017
I have wanted to join this place to help kids in need and work in a nice team-work environment. The kids there tends to get away with things with little to no precautions. The rules are not reinforced among all the kids equally. Communication is a hit and a mess among everyone that works there. What I did enjoy about working there was working alongside some of my coworkers that fills me in on everything that I would need to know about the day and are willing to help one another to care for the kids.
Pros
Few coworkers are nice and have exellent communication
Cons
No confidentiality, Easy to get injured, long follow ups on the workers compensation.
Don't work there
Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INDecember 13, 2016
The turn over rate is horrible, they use up all your weekends, the pay sucks, it's just like being in high school don't recommend this place to anyone
Rewarding
Worker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 17, 2016
Great place to work, if you love children and want to make a difference in their lives. Not well management structured at all. Things get swept under the rug and not followed up on when there is a complaint. Very great ppl to work for caring and understanding but don't hold ppl accountable for their actions.
Pros
Children
Cons
Interesting work work environment from which I learned a lot
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 26, 2015
This work environment would be considered typical for a youth residential treatment facility. This facility had five operational cottages for the youth, an on site school, an on site counseling center, and several case managers. The youth resided in this facility until released into a foster care home, adopted, or back into the care of family.
Educational Workplace
RESIDENT YOUTH COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 14, 2014
I earned a lot of experience working with families and children in the community.
How could you ever complain about getting a paycheck for hanging out and teaching awesome kiddos.
Residential Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 24, 2014
I loved my job at Childplace. I started out as a youth worker for about a year. I was then promoted to Residential Administrative Assistant and Medication Manager. I left the job to be a case manager. All the staff, management, executive director, CEO, pretty much everyone there treated me like family and had the sincere desire to help children and families in need.
Rewarding Work
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 29, 2012
Fair wages and enjoyable work. This can be a stressful position though. You must truly enjoy all types of children.