Children's Bureau of Southern California Employee Reviews

You know you are doing something great when you work here
Mental Health Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2015
Great company. You really know you are changing lives! Great benefits, free yoga on Thursday's, the push a healthy lifestyle, provide Weight Watchers, organic food stand for employees. Compensation may not be the highest but a great job indeed.
event planner or child watcher
child watch (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
Every afternoon I would go in and the kids would be delighted or happy to see and I would go with games already in mind so we could all play or if there weren't kids to watch then I would help the community organizer and be her assistant and help them out with what was needed. Who ever was in charge would always guide me and help me out with anything I needed help if I ever needed it. Honestly there wasn't any problems with this environment besides the community I would work but every now and then in the community there would be someone who will appreciate you for the help you give out.
Pros
free lunch, flexible
Cons
too little hours
A nice place to work
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2013
A typical day start off with checking the daily schedule that you created bringing all the necessities for today's clientele. I've learned how to manage seeing clients, processing progress towards goals, and submitting notes within 24 hours. My co-workers are the best that anyone could ask for. They provided tips for making your day both productive and fulfilling.The hardest part of the job is leaving clients for whatever reasons (moved out of area, no longer eligible for services, etc,) The most enjoyable part is seeing a child changes and grow cognitively is amazing.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
strict adherence to 24 hour submission rule
Work environment is very friendly.
Revenue Assistant / Office Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2013
Co-workers are very friendly and very helpful. I have learned so much working for this agency.
Pros
great co-workers
Work as a Milieu Assistant
Milieu Assistant (Former Employee) –  Day, CAJune 27, 2013
A typical day would consist of transporting clients to and from facilities. I assisted with running activities and groups on a daily bases.
Pros
making a positive impact on the lives of children and thier families
10 and 1/2 Years of Employment
Wraparound Child and Family Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 1, 2012
The Warapround Program is a very faced paced and fluid working environment. Work Days ranged from the average 8 Hours but could extend to working 12+ due to the nature of the program. As someone who works for the Wraparound Program, you are typically on call 24/7 for crisis situiations. During my tenure there, I worked a wide variety of situations and was trained on multiple different scenarios that one may have to face while working with the families that receive the service. I personally achieved being selected by the agency to become a trainer for the Wraparound Program.

The hardest part of the job is the amount of effort and energy that you will find yourself putting into the families that you serve. If you do not have the heart for helping families in need, Wraparound is not a program for you. Successes with the families that work through the Wraparound process are all very gratifying, and will most certainly keep you motivated to continue. By far, seeing a family succeed is the best part of the job. It will out weigh practically any negatives that are experienced.
Pros
paid lunch, healthcare and 401k benefits
Cons
long hours, not a lot of opportunity for advancement
Limited in cultural exposure
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2012
Work with narrow in scope and did not diversify in communities
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
narrow in diversity