Children's Bureau Employee Reviews

Overall a great place to work
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 24, 2017
Supportive management, great working environment, focuses on strengthening communities. Works with families and strengthening ther support within their own community.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Very busy
Good place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2017
I volunteered here helping in the adoption division. I would help scan in papers, make copies, and run general errands. The employees were very friendly and helpful.
best job ever
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2017
best job i have ever i had i loved it there and the people management was awesome and so were most of the clients that came in i would work there a hundred more times if i didnt live so far!
Pros
awesome
Cons
awesome
CB review
Neighborhood Liaison (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2017
I really enjoyed the experience I gained from working for this organization. I was able to work the hours that I wanted to work and be off when needed with my own children.
Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Management does not care about the employees work life/balance. They expect one person to do a 3 person job. Company used to be strictly a flooring company and is downsizing.
Pros
Benefits are okay
Cons
great mission but poor execution
former employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2016
The mission of children's bureau is great and plays well to those who have the urge to make a better tomorrow. Employee camaraderie is at an all time high only to be black clouded by the lack of guidance from the senior management team.

The environment created is anything but what the mission stands for, there is a lack of employee value and no personal accountability amongst senior management. the employee are the backbone of the agency whilst being under valued and under appreciated by those in top positions.
Pros
paid half hour lunch
Cons
senior mgmt, lack of leadership, no personal accountability from the higher ups, constant changes, no employee appreciation
The work place is awesome
Mental Health Quality Assurance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2016
Aside of the Mental health department there are other resources such as Foster Family and Adoption, Child Abuse Prevention, Community Initiative. I worked in the in the Mental Health Dept. It is always busy working with 6 different sites collecting information or preparing for Federal and State Audits. Co-workers are great team players always working together to get things done on time. We also have our monthly meetings to discuss new updates and changes. The Supervisors are also very supportive and always open for suggestions. Aside of working with great people, I enjoy helping families in the community.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay, great work environment
Cons
the commute
Productive trauma support services for children
Program Director (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 1, 2016
Provides a variety of counseling support services for children. Learned to be flexible and modify daily schedules to meet the demand for community crisis intervention. Coworkers are supportive, hardest part of job is meeting the high volume of daily task. Most enjoyable part of job is interaction with peers and helping children heal from trauma.
Pros
Flexible lunch schedule
Cons
Under staffed
Very involved in the community
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at CBNO can be very rewarding and challenging..rewarding because you have a chance to work with individuals impacted by trauma; but challenging because so many families are impact by grief and loss. The employees are very support and provide great clinical judgment when needed.
Productive and Engaging Environment
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 18, 2016
I learned a lot about evidence based practices within school settings. Everyone is very nice and engaging. I did not meet one person that did not enjoy what they were doing. The most enjoyable part was working with children at the elementary school along with team members that were working together for the better of each client and their family.
Good experience
Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2016
Great opportunity to gain good experience in a fast growing organization. Management will take a direct interest in your work and help you to develop while also giving you the freedom to develop your own projects.
Fun and welcoming atmosphere
Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2015
I love that you can have fun and be very open with everyone but hard working is their main priority with employees and staff and very outgoing with school and college and helpful for students that is able to get scholarships for college students.
Great workplace
Professional Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2015
I enjoy working with my coworkers. I've learned valuable information during my work experience. Children's Bureau of New Orleans has given me an opportunity to grow clinically and professional.
Productive, hardworking and Exciting workplace
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2015
I had a great time doing volunteer work at the childrens bureau, it was very productive with good professional staff. The experience within itself was great I enjoyed being able to set up events for the families and to participate in every event. The hardest part was actually setting up each event and making sure everything was done correctly.
Great job in social service and to work collaboratively with community agencies
WRAPAROUND THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 12, 2015
Great experience for learning the MediCal billing system and gaining experience learning various treatment modalities. This agency has great direct supervisors who were very supportive. The agency provides lots of opportunities to transition within different departments, if desired.
Pros
Loved the teamwork approach and collaborating with DCFS, schools, psychiatrists, and other agencies
Cons
Lots of paperwork
People are nice, environment is great
Intern, Development Department (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2015
I helped them with fundraising events, non-fundraising events and operations maintenance. For the last two months, I was assigned to assist the Operations Manager with long-term Raiser's Edge management and some short-term Excel projects.

I helped her organize the Raiser's Edge database, inputed or changed some records in the system. The work helped me to learn more about Raiser's Edge, and I became more and more good at it.

This experience made me realize that I am really good at database management and data input & analysis.
Pros
Good environment, nice people
Fast pace environment
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 3, 2015
Very interesting place to work since there is so much to do and tons to catch up with in regards to Mental Health and therapy. I would recommend therapist to apply here if they feel that they have what it takes to work with a high case load.
Pros
Tons of training
Cons
Fast pace
Wrap Around Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Worked with a Wrap Around Team in home Therapy for Clients with crises.
Good compensation benefits
Accounting /Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2014
It gives you good compensation benefits HMO is free for employee only
Children's Bureau
Supervisor Youth Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2014
The company use to be about their clients and now they are about the money. The company is very unorganized and they are not caring about their employees
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks, rude people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.