Children's Bureau Employee Reviews in United States

Good experience
Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2016
Great opportunity to gain good experience in a fast growing organization. Management will take a direct interest in your work and help you to develop while also giving you the freedom to develop your own projects.
People are nice, environment is great
Intern, Development Department (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2015
I helped them with fundraising events, non-fundraising events and operations maintenance. For the last two months, I was assigned to assist the Operations Manager with long-term Raiser's Edge management and some short-term Excel projects.

I helped her organize the Raiser's Edge database, inputed or changed some records in the system. The work helped me to learn more about Raiser's Edge, and I became more and more good at it.

This experience made me realize that I am really good at database management and data input & analysis.
Pros
Good environment, nice people
Productive and Engaging Environment
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 18, 2016
I learned a lot about evidence based practices within school settings. Everyone is very nice and engaging. I did not meet one person that did not enjoy what they were doing. The most enjoyable part was working with children at the elementary school along with team members that were working together for the better of each client and their family.
Very involved in the community
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at CBNO can be very rewarding and challenging..rewarding because you have a chance to work with individuals impacted by trauma; but challenging because so many families are impact by grief and loss. The employees are very support and provide great clinical judgment when needed.
Fun and welcoming atmosphere
Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2015
I love that you can have fun and be very open with everyone but hard working is their main priority with employees and staff and very outgoing with school and college and helpful for students that is able to get scholarships for college students.
Great job in social service and to work collaboratively with community agencies
WRAPAROUND THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 12, 2015
Great experience for learning the MediCal billing system and gaining experience learning various treatment modalities. This agency has great direct supervisors who were very supportive. The agency provides lots of opportunities to transition within different departments, if desired.
Pros
Loved the teamwork approach and collaborating with DCFS, schools, psychiatrists, and other agencies
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Great workplace
Professional Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2015
I enjoy working with my coworkers. I've learned valuable information during my work experience. Children's Bureau of New Orleans has given me an opportunity to grow clinically and professional.
Productive, hardworking and Exciting workplace
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2015
I had a great time doing volunteer work at the childrens bureau, it was very productive with good professional staff. The experience within itself was great I enjoyed being able to set up events for the families and to participate in every event. The hardest part was actually setting up each event and making sure everything was done correctly.
Home based case management
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 27, 2013
This position gave me the opportunity to not only interact with clients in the field who were in danger of Child Protective Services stepping in, but it also gave me the opportunity to interact on a daily basis with other case managers within the agency, as well as other Social Service agencies, and daily meetings and interaction with the director. The hardest part of the job was working with clients who were resistant and non-compliant. This taught me a lot about self care so as not to carry my work home with me. I love home based case management, as well as crisis intervention. I look forward to getting back into the field as soon as possible.
Pros
assist in giving clients the needed tools for change
Cons
finding creative ways to motivate clients to engage in the change process.
The best place to work in NOLA if you are a social worker!!!
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 8, 2012
Children's Bureau is a warm, friendly and inviting agency that encourages employees to meet career goals and advancement. Their evidenced based model proves to be top notch in the human service field. Sadly, I had to move from the area and therefore, needed to find new employment otherwise, I would have stayed with Children's Bureau throughout my career!
Pros
warm, friendly and inviting agency. almost like family.
Cons
n/a
I loved The Children's Bureau
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisDecember 8, 2012
The Children's Bureau is a great company to be affiliated with. If I could go back and enjoy working for such a company that helps all walks of life, i would
Pros
non for profit, helps with life insurance, and benefits
Cons
they are strict to the book
Helpless in Need
Package Preparer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2014
I loved doing community service in high school so this was such a great experience! Being able to help the needy was so fun and beneficial to me. Having the opportunity to encourage the less fortunate gave me appreciation of everything I had in my own life. Hearing all of those people tell me thank you for your encouraging words and showing gratitude was way more better than receiving money. This job taught me that I should never take anything for granted and also have enough courage to help people through their difficult times. My managers and coworkers could notice how much of a positive impact I had in the homeless community and they always took pride by having me on their team. the hardest part about working with the children's bureau was seeing the homeless in such bad times. the best part was seeing the homeless's faces when they received their survivor's kit!
Amazing staff!
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 30, 2014
The staff was friendly and everyone was helpful. Most enjoyable part was staff parties and the Holiday toy give away.
Pros
clients
Cons
lack of consistent management, frequent policy changes
Fast pace environment
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 3, 2015
Very interesting place to work since there is so much to do and tons to catch up with in regards to Mental Health and therapy. I would recommend therapist to apply here if they feel that they have what it takes to work with a high case load.
Pros
tons of training
Cons
fast pace
Provide information about adoption in order for prospective adoptive family can make an informed decision
Adoption Case Management (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 25, 2013
-Working hours were flexible and was able to schedule my appointments during regular working days Monday-Friday
-APSS specialized in providing information on permanency planning in particularly adoption
-Enjoyed environment at Spa 3 and working with all my co-workers
-Hardest part of the job is when a child's adoption did not go through after a long process due to various factor.
My greatest joy and stasfaction was helping family through the adoption process and witnessing adoption being finalized
Pros
specialization in adoption issues and had exposure to various services providers
Cons
non-profit organization had to be download because of lack of funds
Good compensation benefits
Accounting /Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2014
It gives you good compensation benefits HMO is free for employee only
Wrap Around Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Worked with a Wrap Around Team in home Therapy for Clients with crises.
Children's Bureau
Supervisor Youth Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2014
The company use to be about their clients and now they are about the money. The company is very unorganized and they are not caring about their employees
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks, rude people
Rewarding Experience
Visit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 11, 2014
The team is very supportive and encouraging. Managers are always available and willing to jump in and work with you.
Professional Wrok Environment
Case Worker CCDF Program (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2013
Great core values
Caring work envionment
client based work
sometimes long work hours
Pros
good team ethics
Cons
sometimes long work hours