CHILDREN'S CHOICE Employee Reviews

Flexible and Family Friendly
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 30, 2017
Children's Choice is a very family oriented organization. The supervisors are always willing to work with you and for you. I enjoy working there and would recommend the job to others.
Great starting teaching position
Teacher (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 1, 2017
Come to work, smile, be fun and energetic for the kids, love what you do and you will love your job anywhere. I loved my job working at childrens choice, the people are amazing and the staff genuinely care for their children enrolled.
Family Friendly
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 1, 2017
I have loved working at Children's Choice but also believe that communication could be greatly improved. It is a very friendly place to work.
Pros
family friendly
Cons
unpredictable management
Fun, Tiring, Fun & I experienced a lot it was exciting.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2016
I clock in start taking the trash out, making sure everything's alright then I check around the area to see if anything needs fixing. My co workers are cool, we don't give each other problems we get along well. Their is no hard part about the job & the most enjoyable part is working.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
externship
Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2016
nice fun place, was able to use my dental assistant skills here. co-workers were nice, hard workers. it was a place where kids would love to come
review
Parent Aide (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 20, 2016
this was a easy going place to work, wish more places were like this, it was fun and I learned a lot
A strong vision of quality care.
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2016
My typical day at work is great, gretting first thing in the morning with the parents and their childern, it helps me to better my communication skills, also to get to know the parents and child. I love to help children build a positive attitude towards themselves in the areas of the curriculum that we give them. I feel im a strong person and one to have patience, and caring towards children. wanting to give back the good education that was given to me over the years. I feel that i respect, encourage the diversity of adults and the children all around. the hardest part of the job for me is learning how to just take a breather at times, stop and smell the roses. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on the children faces during the day knowing that they are happy, and enjoying play throught learning.
Pros
the pros are plentiful. It's completely rewarding and ever changing.
Cons
you may encounter some really sad stituations life issues.
least favorite
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHOctober 11, 2015
fun work place but not raise ever is given. Off on the weekends and snow days. childrern were loving and at times made the work day fun and
I enjoyed working with the the babies and toddlers.
head teacher (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 8, 2015
I enjoyed doing art projects and sensory activities with the children. It was always busy during the day but fun. I had fun reading and singing songs with the babies.
Sense of Family
Resource Parent Liaison (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2015
I love working for Children's choice. CC is a wonderful company. They treat everyone like family and they really care about their employees. At CC you are apart of a family and they care about your well being. The management takes the time to get to know you and your needs and they go out their way to help you to the best of their ability to do your job. The only con to CC is that they don't pay enough, the starting salary is pretty low and your stuck having to work a second job in order to have any real money in your pocket.
Pros
family style setting
Cons
salary
I loved working here
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Cajon Valley, CAJune 24, 2015
I loved working here, the Director was awesome and very understanding. my only issue was when the owner of the preschool decided she wanted more money and cut everyone's hours. i was forced to leave because i needed a full time position. the director got you whatever you needed for your classroom and the teachers were awesome.
Pros
great Director
Cons
No lunch room, hours cut, little pay
Like a family
Foster care Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2015
this is definitely a company with many positive and negative changes going on and you will learn to love the children as you continue to learn about their life and meet their family members.
Overall good work environment
Foster Care (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2015
Good work environment for casework staff, genuinely care for the children served in foster care. I have learned very much and enjoys working with co-workers at this agency. The hardest part of the job in unrealistic expectations on foster care staff at times.
Pros
close knit, good benefits and leave time
Cons
work demands per worker are difficult
A nice plan for children to learna nd grow.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 17, 2015
I assisted ,supervised,and trained the teachers with their lessons plans.
I learned the inner workings of a school.
I have wonderful management skills.
My co-workers are pleasant.
The hardest part of the job is recruiting new students to attend the center.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children grow educationally and physically.
Pros
Close proxmity to my home
Cons
Low enrollment at this time.
productive
Lead Educator (Current Employee) –  LasVegasAugust 11, 2014
CCLC is a great place to work at the staff is wonderful and the kids are just a ray of sunshine
Pros
free lunch
Cons
daycare costs for employee children
Love working with children
CNA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2014
Every day excited to come to work love caring for children taking care of injuries illness fevers and more speaking with parents teachers and supervisors working together to keep a healthy n safe environment as well as keeping up shot records registration cards assisting with meds answering phones and braking other staff and teachers
Family Oriented Agency
Permanency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2014
Children's Choice is an excellent place to work. I enjoy the people I work with, but more importantly I love the people I serve and the work I do.
Pros
Work from Home
Lots of work Low pay
Afterschool Aide (Former Employee) –  Citrus HeightsApril 17, 2014
They relied on me as a brand new aid with no training to run their entire after-school program for them for minimum wage.
Be ready to work around the clock
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 27, 2014
A typical day at work was like walking into a war zone you never knew what to expect. I learned that don't put your trust in Children's Choice when its said and done its all about numbers. Management at Children's Choice is not trustworthy. They get away with a lot of untruth, and mislead the company in letting them think they are being truthful. The hardest part of the job is learning how to be your own person and enjoy your family. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and learn a diverse population.,
Pros
holidays benefits
Cons
work around the clock even during your vacation
Great first job experience.
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Co-workers made this difficult job easier! Great support from supervisor and other workers. Wonderful small offices mean that you know the families being served. Great atmosphere to work in!