Children's Crisis Treatment Center

Children's Crisis Treatment Center Employer Reviews

productive work place
Behavioral health Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2014
One of the premier agencies in the field. Genuinely concerned about the population served.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2013
I enjoyed going to work everyday. It was a life changing experience. There's was always something new going on and always a chance to help someone new.
A great place to help children with behavioral challenges and their families to reach their full potential!
Student Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2013
Pros: friendly, organized and open working environment.
Cons: short break
Children's Crisis Treatment Center (CcTC) is a private non-profit agency dedicated to assisting children and their families coping with the impact of behavioral health issues, traumatic events and other challenges that have an effect on childhood development.

CcTC passionately serves the emotional needs of children and families at risk beginning with – more... early childhood. We meet children where they are and help them to reach their full potential regardless of their challenges. We strive to provide a safe and welcoming environment in which every child feels safe and is given an opportunity to thrive.

During the six-month internship at Children's Crisis Treatment Center, I was working with children of age 2 1/2 to 5 who face behavioral challenges and mental health issues. Conducting over 1,000 hours of observation and interacting with children, counselors, psychiatrists, nurses and therapists, I obtained a better understanding of mental health and psychology. My typical day starts with picking up children from the parking lot and walking them to their classroom, asking about their time at home and goals for the day. Giving hugs and encourage help those children to start their day with positive energy and trust. Each classroom has a fixed activity schedule to follow, introducing proper manners and positive communication at breakfast table, reading books, organizing games, helping children to complete their daily journal in class, resolving conflict, soothing temper tantrum by using our safety plans (positive ways to handle anger and feelings), reporting children's behavior and concerns by the end of the day.

In the very last two months of the internship, I completed my own project on 'Combining Speech and Play Therapy in Introducing Social Skills and Manners to Young Children with Behavioral Challenge' where I created a one-on-one play session with two children. The personal bond and trust with these two children and the well planned projects had helped them cope with behavioral challenges on a certain level. Positive reinforcement such as sharing, using words to express emotion, making eye contact, and using polite words were introduced during the special play session. Classroom behavioral counselors reported less aggressive behavior and social conflict with peers of these two children.

My second role as a intern at Children's Crisis Treatment Center is counselor assistant in Filial Parenting Skill Training Program. Making follow-up phone calls and forwarding notice of upcoming activities to parents are my weekly routine. During the parenting training session, I participated in parent-child special play time, playing the role of parent and the child to help clients to improve their active listening and communicating skills.

The program advisors and the whole out-patient team have offered me tremendous support and inspiration on both mental and intellectual level. Open communication creates a friendly, professional and efficient work environment for everyone. – less
Diverse environment with effective staff
Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: long lunch breaks/constant encouragement
Cons: restrictions due to internship liabilities
Assisted children in classroom settings/helped coordinators in office. Studied case loads on the children and learned treatment plans for each of them. Help was granted at all times by the co-workers. Hardest part of the job consisted of personal emotions due to particular incidents that occurred during my stay at CcTC. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job was witnessing progress in the children and families. – less
A dedicated staff who lived every moment to make the lives of children and families better than the day before.
Mobile Therapist/Behavior Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: help make a difference in the lives of others.
Cons: driving distance
A typical work day consisted of driving to families, assessing the weekly behaviors of clients, interactions between clients and care givers and overall school performance (both academic and behavioral). At times I would help generate incentive plans for home and school and provide family based and individual/group therapy sessions.
Daily Duties
Administrative Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2013
Pros: good enviroment, awesome coworkers, good supervisors
Cons: too far from home, have to pay parking.
 Provide daily coverage to the reception desk.
 Pull charts for next day appointments.
 Creates/process/tracks Outpatient invoices (i.e. preparing, logging, reviewing, and correcting invoices, notifying clinician when invoices are missing, mails out invoices when signatures are not obtained.
 Manages/updates wait list, caseload list and discharge – more... list.
 Processes and follow-up with Outpatient wait list calls.
 Processes utilization reports to the Office of Mental Health (i.e. processes CRS admission records, CRS outcome records, multiple events service forms, records units of service, files BSU# admission forms in charts).
 Files Outpatient therapy notes (i.e. progress notes, case management notes, treatment plans).
 Maintain waiting room brochures.
 Provides support functions to clinicians and Outpatient Director.
 Provides support functions to Medical Record (i.e. creates medical records files, processes Medical Record requests for different agencies, Court, Social Security Administration, medical offices, etc.).
 Take application for services interviewing the client, and schedule an Intake Assessment with Outpatient Services.
 Assume additional responsibilities as assigned. – less
The enviorment was nice.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2012
Pros: meet new people everyday.
Cons: there was realy no cons.
Always looked forward to going to work.The hard part of that job was knowing what the kid where going through.The co workers where nice and friendly. I guess the most enjoyable part is that I was able to do my job and make a different for my co workers and the kids.
TSS
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2012
Provide one to one care for emotionally and behaviorally unstable children in the school setting. Worked daily in assisting children with meeting goals outlined in their individualized treatment plans.
Stressful job due to at-risk youths and accommodating multiple grade levels within the same classroom simultaneously
Employee (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2012
Pros: teamwork; others' perspectives; feedback
Cons: 1 short break daily for lunch; must be prepared for conflict/student restraint at any time
Work directly with youth. Manage a classroom of 10-15 students. Provide each child with direct services acting as a liason between the agency and the host school. Ensuring that children with needs are appropriately referred. Identifying the educational and behavioral needs and implementing accommodations as indicated on students' IEPs. Additionally, – more... iimplementing action plans that are developed and participation in individual and group format therapeutic sessions daily. – less