Children's Crisis Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Administrative assistant
Administrative Specialist / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2017
I was Front Desk Clerk. It was a therapeutic office for children. Everyone was great to work with. Management was open minded but fare to everyone's needs.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
No growth
Interesting place to work
Behavioral Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2017
Had an interesting and realistic approach to learning as I served students of a now closed public school in the heart of North Philadelphia. It was an eye opening experience to work with the population and how children still thrived in the midst of personal chaos or dysfunction. Staff was great to work with and great at encouraging self care.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
Low wages
Flexible, but need to be persistent on getting hours
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2017
CCTC Kids is a great place to work with an awesome environment and supervisors, hr, and management are work friendly. If you're someone who likes flexibility and independency then this is the job for you, but not always well if you have a rent. The only negative is that the hours aren't always there and during the summer it's slim to none to get a case for 2.5 months.
Pros
Flexibility, Independent
Cons
Hours
A excellent company to work for
Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2017
Working with children is a good thing if you like working with children. The children keep you alert and show different behaviors everyday. CCTC is a good company to work for they make sure you understand your job and will not allow you to become overwhelmed.
unethical
Clinical Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2017
poor management, poor staff, unethical in their approaches, unskilled staff, unqualified staff, nepotism to the extremes. Would never work their again and would never recommend it to anyone ever.
benefits
Cons
ceo, coo and the rest of management
Friendly workplace with various opportunities for staff and clients to reach goals.
Behavioral Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2017
Cctc is a day treatment program for children. I worked with groups of 10-15 clients per day. I learned how to apply counseling techniques in group situations, how to remain objective and composed in difficult situations, how to relate to and develop therapeutic relationships with both clients and colleagues, and how to be a team leader.

The most difficult aspect of the job was organizing large groups of clients in order to implement daily plans such as activities and techniques that enhanced progress toward individual treatment goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully achieving implementation of treatment plans and observing client progress.
Pros
Good experience, enjoyable work environment, good benefits.
Cons
Rigid implementation of policy, often impairing relationships and/or creating unnecessary tension between employees and management.
Good first job out of school
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2017
Seldom opportunity for upward nobility.
Company not financially stable. Pay dates changed twice during my time here.
Friends promoted over experience. People get away with no doing their jobs because people "like" them.
Horrible pay.
Dont care about employees as people.
No professional development.
When I finally left they gave me grief about obtaining my last check.
Pros
Easy hire
Cons
Low pay, low concern for employees
Exceptional Work Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2017
Children's Crisis Treatment Center has it all, from the nursery to therapy, to volunteers and programmers. This organization does truly amazing things for children.
Great work experience
Therapeutic Staff Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2017
Great place to work. Excellent learning opportunities. Excellent staff. Great working environment. I recommend this job to anyone interested in Social Worker.
Pros
experience
Cons
traffic
Sub par.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2015
It OK. Job security is there but it is a non profit so theres a chance some pays may be delayed. Huge bummer. Its hard to find people patient enough for this type of company so the turnover rate is high. Its ok at best.
Pros
School days off.
Cons
Health care very expensive.
Opportunity to excel and group
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2015
This company works very hard to establish a positive cultural environment and implements strong values on providing services to the community and the children we serve.
Being a Tss worker
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2015
While working as a Tss, I was responsible for a child whom dealt with Attention deficit disorder during school hours. I learned how to deal with different cultures as most of my client that i have came from a Hispanic culture. The hardest part of the job was when a child did not show up for school i did not get paid. the most enjoyable par of my experience was becoming a part of the classroom with the kids. Enjoyed having another adult while in the classroom.
Pros
In a classroom setting
Cons
No break
Behavioral Support Services
Behavioral Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2015
This is a very challenging position. While there is a great need in our schools for these services, it can wear and tear on you emotionally and psychologically.

The rewards come in when you can assist a child in learning and growing through traumatic events and they develop coping schools and degrees on independence.

The other side is that there are children who are severely traumatized that our encounters are not as lastly as we would like but instead bumps on a very long road.
Lovely people with open mind
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2015
The day always starts with a community meeting between the children and the Staff. I really appreciate the team work and the help from my co-workers throughout the day. The most enjoyable part is when a child is able to control his/her impulses and frustration without engaging in aggressive behaviors.
Rewarding working with children
TSS (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2014
typical day is working in a school with children between ages of 5 to 15. hardest part is when the kids don't want to do what we ask them to do or have an anger management problem. however it is very rewarding
Nice environment, staff are like family
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2014
Good place to start a career. Everyone is friendly and the management really work to make your experience fun and easy. Very cooperative coworkers. Hours are convenient.
Pros
Fun, friendly
Cons
Hourly job, unsteady hours
Work at your own pace but get it done
Mobile Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2014
The trainings are excellent and administration is supportive of the staff. As a contractor, I was given my own notebook which helped in getting the signatures and writing clinical notes.
Pros
Provide great lunches during trainings. Company loves to have quarterly parties.
Cons
When client's aren't home for a scheduled session and you loss money.
productive work place
Behavioral health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2014
One of the premier agencies in the field. Genuinely concerned about the population served.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2013
I enjoyed going to work everyday. It was a life changing experience. There's was always something new going on and always a chance to help someone new.
A great place to help children with behavioral challenges and their families to reach their full potential!
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2013
Children's Crisis Treatment Center (CcTC) is a private non-profit agency dedicated to assisting children and their families coping with the impact of behavioral health issues, traumatic events and other challenges that have an effect on childhood development.

CcTC passionately serves the emotional needs of children and families at risk beginning with early childhood. We meet children where they are and help them to reach their full potential regardless of their challenges. We strive to provide a safe and welcoming environment in which every child feels safe and is given an opportunity to thrive.

During the six-month internship at Children's Crisis Treatment Center, I was working with children of age 2 1/2 to 5 who face behavioral challenges and mental health issues. Conducting over 1,000 hours of observation and interacting with children, counselors, psychiatrists, nurses and therapists, I obtained a better understanding of mental health and psychology. My typical day starts with picking up children from the parking lot and walking them to their classroom, asking about their time at home and goals for the day. Giving hugs and encourage help those children to start their day with positive energy and trust. Each classroom has a fixed activity schedule to follow, introducing proper manners and positive communication at breakfast table, reading books, organizing games, helping children to complete their daily journal in class, resolving conflict, soothing temper tantrum by using our safety plans (positive ways to handle anger and feelings), reporting children's behavior and
  more... concerns by the end of the day.

In the very last two months of the internship, I completed my own project on 'Combining Speech and Play Therapy in Introducing Social Skills and Manners to Young Children with Behavioral Challenge' where I created a one-on-one play session with two children. The personal bond and trust with these two children and the well planned projects had helped them cope with behavioral challenges on a certain level. Positive reinforcement such as sharing, using words to express emotion, making eye contact, and using polite words were introduced during the special play session. Classroom behavioral counselors reported less aggressive behavior and social conflict with peers of these two children.

My second role as a intern at Children's Crisis Treatment Center is counselor assistant in Filial Parenting Skill Training Program. Making follow-up phone calls and forwarding notice of upcoming activities to parents are my weekly routine. During the parenting training session, I participated in parent-child special play time, playing the role of parent and the child to help clients to improve their active listening and communicating skills.

The program advisors and the whole out-patient team have offered me tremendous support and inspiration on both mental and intellectual level. Open communication creates a friendly, professional and efficient work environment for everyone.
Pros
Friendly, organized and open working environment.
Cons
short break