Children's Defense Fund Employee Reviews

Diveristy
Student Specialist Leader (Former Employee) –  Kailua Kona, HIAugust 20, 2015
Trained students grades kindergarten through high school how to use a program for compass
learning. This involved scheduling students classes & the usage of the computers available. I was
also responsible for taking care of the computers. That included fixing the computers when they
malfunction and any form of tech support. I was responsible reading assessment testing
Pros
Always something to do, fun envierment
Cons
Things change a lot so one has to be flexsable or acceptant to change
Education
Freedom School Partner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2014
I am very passionate about education. I believe that it is very important. I plan to become a teacher after receiving my masters degree. This job helps me prepare for that journey. I have learned so many skill needed in everyday life. I have become a more open person and willing to talk out loud in front of large groups. Without this job I do not think that I would know what my career path would be. I found my passion through this summer internship.
fun workplace
Lead Juvenile Justice Organizer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2014
I would check my emails
Attend weekly staff meetings
reply to messages and begin outreach
set up meeting dates and schedules
lunch
finish or start new project
Great for college students
SERVANT LEADER SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 11, 2014
this is a summer program for students in college to help their community, get great teaching experience, and earn some cash.
Friendly enviroment always laughing
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los angeles CAOctober 20, 2013
A typical day at work not so typical. Everything from calling on celebrities for events, to picking up party favors for one of our students birthday parties. I learned humilty patience and the true meaning of hard work and dedication. My co workers were always extending olive branches. We all did that. The hardest part of my job was relocating and leaving my kids. It was honestly so much fun for me. The most enjoyable part was networking with the "Big wigs" watching their heart melt when they discovered what Childrens Defense was all about. It was even more touching to watch them come down to the school and recieve more from the children than they had expected.
Pros
my daughter attended the school for free
Cons
Nice people to work with and great opportunity.
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 28, 2013
This is a great place to work at. Everyone here is very nice and helpful. It has been a great experience for me and great way to start for someone who just moved to the area.
Great Internship
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2013
Always something new happening at CDF. The environment for the most part is very fast paced but there is always room for learning, growth and encouragement
Leave No Child Behind is the mission and the motto.
Media Associate & Product Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2013
I gained my first professional experiences at CDF. The mission to Leave No Child Behind is a sincere initiative of the organization. A great place to gain experience in communications.
Pros
experience
CDF Intern Review
Student Leader Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2013
My time with CDF was great and helped define where I wanted to take my career.
Productive and a fun work environment
Freedom School-Mentor/Servant Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 23, 2012
morning breakfast with the kids, do a little cheers and chants. Teaching them about the importants of reading and critical thinking. The best management and co-workers you can ask for. Their wasn't any really hard parts just only trying to keep the kids quite. The most enjoyable part of the day is reading to the kids and getting feedback from what they learned.
Pros
free lunch, and activities
Cons
benefits, healthcare and medical

Want to know more about Children's Defense Fund?

Ask a question
Fun place to work!
Development Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wasington, DCAugust 18, 2012
Tracking donations sent to the organization. Planning fundraising events and working with vendors to process donatins in a timely manner. My coworkers were fun loving people. The hardest part of the job was making events a success on a small budget. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfactin in helping others.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
expensive benefits
It's a very productive environment with a unlimited amount of learning
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCMay 21, 2012
If you wanna become a teacher or anything in the education field you should definitely look at the Children's Defense Fund for a internship

4.6