Children's Habilitation Center Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working for the company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 12, 2017
I dedicated six years to caring for the children at CHC during that time I became very close not only with the children but also with the people I worked with.
Never enough staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJuly 29, 2017
I learned a lot from working here, but unfortunately, it was very overwhelming and unsafe to have 1 nurse to 20+ patients, some who were on ventilators. Management was not very helpful in situations where they could be the extra help and were not willing to make the right adjustments. CNA's called in often and they were always short. However, because of this, some of the ones working got to pick up a lot of overtime.
Over all a decent place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  NurseMarch 29, 2017
The lpns have about a ratio of 23 patients. The cna can have between 4 and 7 on a good day only 4. Plenty of help available. Everyone seems to work as a team. The charge nurses are RNs and helpful. The lpn only has to pass meds, do a few treatments, suctioning, with trachea changes. The RN does most of the documentation and doctor calls. Respiratory does everything but change trachs. Overall a good place to work most of the time.
Pros
Cna case load good
Cons
Lpn load is heavy
Could be a great place to work, need more staff.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILSeptember 30, 2016
This could be a great place to work, however micromanaging sets the stage for disgruntle staff. The hours are great yet the work gurgling.
I have learn that no matter what condition an individual is in they all desire dignity and respect.
The most enjoyable part of my work is bringing comfort to children who cannot speak, walk or move on their own, nonetheless that are responsive to the type of treatment they receive.
Pros
Love for live, love the children
Cons
over worked, short staffed.
If you love children
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 30, 2015
If you love children and the idea of progression to a better quality of life you will enjoy the spirit of this place. There are opportunities of growth at this place in education, clinical and social services.
rewardig caring for the pediatric population
RN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILApril 20, 2015
I enjoy working at Children Habilitation Center and caring for the pediatric population. The management team is very supportive and knowledgeable.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
Health care benefits are very expensive for a family and another con is being short of staff
productive and fun workplace
cna (Former Employee) –  harvey,IlMarch 26, 2015
preforming quality care for children with disability, deformities, ventilations and other life problems, by bathing, feeding and providing a safe environment
Qidp
QIDP (Former Employee) –  HarveyJuly 28, 2014
Great place to work! I enjoyed being employed at the Harvey office.
Good place to start off in nursing!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILJune 10, 2014
If pediatrics is your thing, this place is a good place to learn about different conditions. A typical work day is busy, which allows the day to go by fast.
I loved the children here.
CNA/Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 27, 2014
Advocate to special need and children with complex disabilities, monitoring and operation of special equipment, suctioning. grooming, bathing, dental care, clothes care (laundry) fleeting, vital signs, transferring patients as well as helping with their learning and comprehension to follow on with the schools lesson plan.

Successfully monitored and operated medical equipment to service patients
Daily assistance with learning comprehension to some patients and assisting with school lessons.

Managed (laundry) fleeting, vital signs, and transfer of patients.the most enjoyable part of this job was being with the babies and the children.
Pros
working with small children
Cons
seeing the suffering these innocent children have to go through.
it is a nice place
CNA (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 30, 2013
I love what they stand for and what we do to provide care for each one of the children.
my review
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 28, 2013
Its an almost predictable place to work.
i loved working with the resident .
I made a few good friends off of staff.
where kids get sick to the point they are not themselves is a hard part of this job.
when they feel better is the best part of the job
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
no good hour for school
going to school with the children and playing
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  certified nursing assistantOctober 17, 2013
working here is a lot of fun and heart worming form working with the children on down to the staff
A Nursing home For developmentally disabled children
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILApril 13, 2013
A typical day at work is fast paced. On your feet, time managent was essential. I learned to work under pressure, being able to think on my feet and be organized. Most of the employess were helpful and team orientated. The hardest part of the job at times was being able to find time for all the tasks. I enjoyed being around the children and the family orientated atmosphere.
A learning experience working with children with special needs
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILFebruary 17, 2013
My typical day was working with children with special needs and performing my CNA skills. I worked with great directors and management. If I needed them they were there to hear or help me. My co-workers and I got alone well. The hardest part of my job was seeing some of those children sick in the ICU. I enjoyed signing up to go on field trips with the children and to see some of them enjoy themselves.
Pros
knowing that i helped some children with special needs.
didnt like it
CNA (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 22, 2013
we worked short all the time luckily they fired the adm and that was the best thing
Great people
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 14, 2012
A typical day at work was easy. I learned great computer skills, the management was great and my co-workers were great people the hardest part was leaving because it was a summer job nd the most enjoyable part was the pay at my age.
Pros
great pay great breaks
Cons
summer job