CHILDREN'S HEALTH Employee Reviews

n/A
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Great place to start career and learn. Fast pace environment for learning and growth in your upcoming career. Many experiences to help you grow into a better you.
A rewarding place to work
Project Coordinator, Pop Health/Virtual Health (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2017
It felt good to work for a good cause and company even though my position did not work in the hospital or with kids. There were a lot of perks and good benefits; I got to make my own hours and had the opportunity to work from home some days.
Pros
Benefits, own hours
Cons
I was bored a lot with my position
Quick Pace
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Interacting with patients and their families made the long shifts worth it. However, due to new management, things went downhill and work was no longer a fun environment.
Challenging and Rewarding
North Texas - CPhT (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Performed the full range of hospital pharmacy duties including a formula lab position since the hospital is a children's hospital.

A typical day is primarily filling cart-fill and first-doses for new admits, both sterile and non-sterile doses. Other necessary duties per shift involved re-stocking remote omnicells, making necessary formula for feeding patients, and restocking inventory for next shift. Secondary duties involve compounding and repackaging as business needs.

The work culture encourages growth. I began working in central fill and quickly progressed through three different departments, learning more with each successive move.

The most difficult part of the job came from the high-paced growth of the area which out-paced the labor on my shift. During the highest peak, in winter, there were times where we were stretched a bit too thin for our volume. As the same season approaches, the company is reviewing how it can better handle this higher volume through adding more positions.

The best part of the job has been the high satisfaction for helping sick children. Combine that with the ability to use a wide range of skills to accomplish this and an independence to use those skills as needed- what better job could you find.
Friendly environment however bad management
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Senior leadership should be more involved in the departments and day to day activities. Workplace culture in certain departments are terrible and some mangers are allowed to be completely unprofessional even if HR is asked to intervene.
Pros
Children's is really for the kiddos!
Cons
Management and transparency
Great place to work, terrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2017
I worked in the ambulatory clinics and I loved it!! But the managers suck! And they do favoritism. I loved the kids and working with them but management sucks! It really does!
Pros
Free lunches, good experience
Cons
Bad managers
Me
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR/CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2017
I learned a lot working at the hospital.
I enjoyed helping the families and patients.
the hardest part was we did not have anyone speaking up for us. If the parent or patient say something that is it we could not defend ourselves. I loved my coworkers. I got along with everyone, but some of my coworkers had a hard time.
Pros
Employee Day
Cons
Sometimes short on help.
n/a
Supply Chain Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2017
Good place to work. There is room to grow with the company. The environment feel good due to the designs across the hospital. People are nice. Highly recommend.
Great
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
Great, there a long time. Great place to work. Happy to have learned so much. Great place to work. Great, there a long time. Great place to work. Hardest part walking away looking for a challenge.
Great mission, passionate employees, terrible leadership.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
Children's Health is as important an organization as there is in the DFW area, changing the lives of thousands of children every year. It is packed with passionate employees, clinical and otherwise.

However, the closer you get tot the top, the more politics and a misplaced sense of self-importance come into play. As a result, a lot of work (particularly in the non-clinical areas) is aimed at making an impression on those above rather than actually meeting the mission.
Pros
Smart, passionate people in clinical areas
Cons
petulant, self-centered, image driven activity from the middle to the top.

Want to know more about CHILDREN'S HEALTH?

Ask a question
Very Bad Place to work
Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2017
If you work in IT your are the most unhappy person.No time for family no work life balance.Business works from home and enjoys all the pleasures but IT sad faces hired all Indian immigrants to work in for IT.Too many directors who don't even know how to filter columns in excel they are there because of favoritism.

Worst place to work.....Slavery still exists
Cons
No Holiday even in Christmas you need to use your PTO, No Bonus
Milieu Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
Love working for this organization to advance their mission to make life better for children. Life changing experience, many opportunities for advancement, management very supportive of its employees advancing their education.
Ambulatory Services Representative
Ambulatory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2017
Answered incoming calls in a professional manner and assisted patients parents by providing them adequate information and transferring them to the desired clinic. Made outgoing calls to patients' families to confirm the patients' appointment.
Pros
great environment, flexible and understanding management
Cons
not enough hours, only part time position available
Awesome
Cardiac RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2017
Best Place to Work Ever! I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. Excellent pay and excellent environment. I will retire from here....but not yet. Happy Applying!
Worst Epic (EHR) System I've ever seen
Sr. Clinical Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2017
I have worked with Epic for over 12 years, both full-time and as a consultant. Children's Health, by far, has the worst configuration that I have ever seen. This comes from having a CMIO who involves himself in every aspect of operations and a management staff who coddle to upper leadership. I would never recommend anyone to this employer.
Pros
Cons
Lack of leadership
Stressful work environment
Dietary Aide/cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2017
Give you a work overload, stressful environment, stress the importance of little things. To many employees trying to tell you how to do your job. Management needs improvement
The Staff is very down to earth and fun to work with
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 5, 2017
Teams are very helpful and everyone pitches in to make the day go by faster. Case volumes vary but overall the days go by fast and the food is great there
Fun place to work
Dietetic Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2017
slow nights in the cafeteria
some management annoyinh
its a fun place to work
everyone is friendly
thay have insurance
i would recommend everyne to apply
Respiratory Therapy
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Airway management, ventilator therapy, cardiac/pulmonary therapies. Patient care, Point of care, pediatrics, most enjoyable part of the job is making life better for children.
A wonderful place to work
OR Circulator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 22, 2016
I love my job. I am looking to move up now that I have my Masters Degree in Nursing Management and Leadership. Unfortunately there are no open positions.
Pros
Great team leaders
Cons
no christmas bonus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHILDREN'S HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.