Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employer Reviews

Awesome place to work - Fun, Exciting and Different
Senior Instructional Developer/Designer Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: professional and friendly leaders and staff, exciting and challenging projects, work at home friendly, on site clinic, free gym
Cons: atlanta traffic in and out of the city.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a wonderful and exciting place to work. The variety of projects is impressive and challenging. We are encouraged to explore new software and elearning solutions, scenarios, game development and mobile development platforms that may work for the organization. Very professional environment, and very friendly. My co-workers – more... are awesome individuals. It is very rare to find a group of developers that are able to work so closely together, with the kind of respect and professionalism that each brings to the table. It is the best team that I have ever worked with during my career. – less
children
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: i cant say anything bad
Cons: i cant say anything bad
i have mad love for the patients and my coworkers they were my family...
Wonderful work environment.
Transplant Business Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Children's is an amazing employer. Children's is committed to the whole employee from job satisfaction to wellness to work life balance.
Very diverse company
Front Office Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2014
CHOA is a very good company to work for. During my time there as an extern I learned a significant amount of front office skills. The staff and management there is very helpful
Fast Pasted and busy.
Customer Service Ambassador (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: i loved my job
Cons: extremely long hours at times
I was prn so I didn't have a set schedule. It's a fast pace environment and I like those types of environments because you stay busy all day.I learned how having a positive attitude gets you the reconigtion that an employee deserves. I would say the management was challenging at times. Nothing was hard about the job you just to remember directions.Meeting – more... new families was the enjoyable part of my job. – less
Tech (Current Employee), Forsyth Urgent-care in CummingSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, great benefits, tranfer to other places.
Cons: long shifts, short lunch breaks, and never knowing when you're going home.
Choa is a great place to work and learn.
We have a great team and that is what
makes a great day at work.
have always enjoyed their mission vision and values that keeps employees with balance and structure
Business Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
Children's is the best place to work if you want to make a difference in a child's life and families.
Positive experience
Level II Unit Secretary/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: stability
Creating a positive experience come natural to me. I love difficult situations that come out positive or eliminating some negative effect.
Great company!
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2014
Very caring environment, friendly coworkers, be prepared to work long hours!
Very clean place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: always having functions for the children
Cons: short on workers
Drawing labs on children in the hospital and processing specimen in the lab
Productive and great people
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta in the ER was very busy.
I learned proper ways to sanitize and clean at a fast pace.
Management was understanding.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids leave the ER smiling.
Specialty/Asthma Clinic Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: work life balance encouraged
Cons: heavy work load most days
Good job with Great people, great benefits, good learning opportunities
productive
Scheduler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
At my last employer a typical day is procductive. Cases get done in a timely manner. There was an employee that tried to bully me in ways that would make me feel intimidated but I went through the day peacefully, Management was willing to work with me but they also had some issues,my co-workers were great.
Productive place
LEAD ACCESS SPECIALIST/BILLING COLLECTOR (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: sitting at a desk all day staring at a computer
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) is a pretty cool place to work for with a lot of opportunities to grow. I worked in the insurance verification field for a while and then advanced to billing and collections. I learned a lot about the different types of insurances and also how to properly bill each insurance company. The hardest part of my job – more... was working at a desk for 8 hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was working in the insurance verification department. I had a chance to meet different people and make people smile when they are experiencing difficult times. – less
Great work culture/job life balance.
Registered Nurse, Urgent Care Forsyth (Current Employee), Cumming, GAJune 13, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: difficult to advance
My co-workers and children make this a great day at work. The days can sometimes last in excess of 14 hours as there is not a scheduled time to leave.
Great Company to work for.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2014
Excellent management team, recognized community leader, a great place to work.
Great place to work.
Chaplain Intern (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I enjoyed working for this company.. The staff was very professional and pleasant team players. They were willing to go the extra mile to to make sure the interns were equipped and prepared for challenges that may occur at any time.
Overall fun place to work. Micromanage free zone
Business Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2014
Overall great place to work and had hoped to get hired as a permanent employee. I was a contract employee and during my assignment I have no complaints at all. I worked in the Business Office Park; not at the hospital. My co-workers and management an even upper level staff were all very professional and helpful.
Rewarding
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2014
Pros: to work with children and their families
Cons: traffic to get there
Being able to work w/ children and their families is a very rewarding experience that I will always treasure.
Learned how to minister to people in need according to God's love
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2014
• Evaluated spiritual needs of HIV/AIDS infected women with children as well as give a compassionate and objective degree of LISTENING, LISTENING and guidance for mental and emotional problems.
• Become a liaison of pastoral care ministry to patients, families, clergy and staff in the areas of LISTENING, grief work, support and ethical decision making, – more... as well as, affording follow-ups with grieving process as needed: phone calls, bereavement evaluations, and visits.
• Consult with physicians, nurses, social workers, and participate with an interdisciplinary team.
• Responded to deaths occurring in medical facilities to provide ministry crisis intervention and grief management to families, friends of deceased and to medical staff.
• Evaluated and assessed spiritual needs of nurses, doctors and parents and initiated plans/programs.
• Conducted and facilitated interfaith sessions within nondenominational settings.
• Maintain/record appropriate pastoral care entries into patient medical records.; – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a not-for-profit hospital system that specializes in pediatric health care, research, and – Read more

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Photos