Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews in United States

opportunities for advancement
great learning environment
Limited Advancement for Non-Clinical Staff
Unspecified - Corporate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2016
Great place to work for clinical providers (nurses, physicians) with multiple levels of advancement opportunities. If you’re not clinical, serve an internship or a short stint then get the heck out. Merit raises are on average about 3% annually; nothing to get excited about. In all honesty, the raises are nothing more than a cost-of-living increase. In order to get a 10%+ increase (if you’re lucky and incredibly good at negotiating) you have to jump job codes. The turn-over rate is extremely high in recruiting, marketing, and human resources (you can read other reviews to find out why; they are pretty accurate). Your recruiter today probably won’t be your recruiter tomorrow, seriously. It continues to amaze me that previous employees that were labeled as, “Do Not Rehire,” continue to get rehired. There are no established programs to promote advancement within the system; it’s incredibly frustrating. They prefer to hire people from outside the system; usually with no healthcare experience.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule (non-clinical), On-site Exercise Classes, Paid Time Off Accrues based on hours worked and tenure
Cons
Limited Advancement Opportunities for Non-Clinical Staff, No Administrative (non-clinical) Fellowship Programs, No Educational Assistance for Non-Clinical Staff, Miniscule Annual Merit Increases, Too Much Political B.S.
Poor advancements
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
I use to work there as PRN floor tech for eleven months I was never asked to go full time I did not receive benefits because I was over look by management other workers were avancing that wasn't even there longer than me I would never want to work there ever again
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Management sucks
Great people to work with, Great company to work for.
Supply Chain Tech/ Courier (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 23, 2015
I enjoy working for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. It is a great experience with great people. I was very happy upon being hired there.
Pros
The people, competitive benefits
Cons
Short breaks, management at times, pay
Enriching environment and a fantastic organization!
Family Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2015
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a great place to work. The company is dedicated to your well being as an employee, and the benefits and pay are competitive. The position is PT only (<20 hrs).
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, Employee Culture
Cons
Part-time, limited opportunities for full-time work
Working in the environment with children has been the best experience yet!
Registered Nurse- Telephone Triage (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2015
Our typical days starts out with a huddle to brief us on the overall expectations and announcements for the day.

I learned a lot about politics while working at Children's.

Management seems to be trained to make you think they care, but deep down inside they can't care too much.

Co-workers...are a hit and miss sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the children and helping the family feel for confident in caring for their loved ones.
Pros
Working with the little children.
Cons
Working with the doctors and management
Great job to work at because of the hours
SENIOR ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2015
-Accurate Data entry, collecting copays and also helping parents apply for medicaid for their kids.
-Build my customers service skills and learned a lot about different medicaids thats available for kids.
-Management was very hands on and recognize you for what you've accomplish at your job.
- Co- workers were great, especially for a entry level position due to majority of the staff being college students
- N/A
-Setting goals with my co-workers and competing to achieve them.
Pros
Management recognition
Cons
benefits wasn't that great
Just awful
Nationally Certified I.V. Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
There aren't enough words. A terrible, horrific place to "work".
Management varies depending on department, and if you get the wrong department, I suggest you seek out your local church or community center, because you're going to need some support.
Watch the employee turnover rate and you'll remember this review.
great opportunity to advance
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2015
Gwinnett county is a great employer with great benefits. Always room to grow and advance. family oriented. Most Promotions are from within.
N/a
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2016
The company has a work life balance. The company does a lot to help children.

I think they should do more for the employees whom work in Corporate.
Inspiring workplace
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2015
Tight-knit group of employees, all dedicated to the healthcare of children. As the company grew, expanded, and merged, there were adjustments to the transition but the nature of the business and employees made it changes easier and smoother. I had a wide variety of responsibilities from entering and maintaining medical professional's addresses to send out pamphlets and brochures, entering and maintaining their CEUs and informing them of when they needed to update their certifications, assisting in the planning of pediatric medical conferences, i.e. brochures, registration, catering, etc.).
Pros
Learning from co-workers, Pay, Healthcare
Cons
Some changes in management led to positions being eliminated
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2015
This organization is a wonderful place to work and they take pride in their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a management team who is willing to listen and work with you. Every area is team oriented and they provide classes to assist in how to team build
Pros
flexible, bonuses, retreats
Fulfilling and awarding place to work.
Patient Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2016
Aflac cancer unit was very awarding and fulfilling .
A typical day at work including filing, putting together charts, answering phones at the nurse's station and working side by side with the nurse's as well as taking care of patients and their families .
Pros
Taking care of children and there families .
Cons
management
Productive and fun work place
Lead Customer Service Representative/ Billing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2015
Job work life balance is very appreciated at Childrens Healthcare. We have a program strong 4 life where we can exercise and work and feel healthy. We work hard at what we do at Childrens and it is appreciated. Seeing the children's big smile makes it worth coming to work everyday.
Pros
Free work out classes
Cons
every department does not participate
Dedicated to All Better
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
I got my first nursing job at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. I couldn't have asked for a better experience, and I was so lucky and blessed to get my dream job straight out of college. My co-workers were extremely helpful and friendly. I loved my job, but I had to move because my husband is in the military. The most enjoyable part of my day was putting a smile on my little patient's face, and being able to discharge them home when they were better.
Fast paced environment , Very proessional staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 7, 2015
I work as a part time Medical Assistant for Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta 2 days a week. I get to choose my days and I enjoy the growth I have encountered since I have started. The staff is very knowledgable and and have definetely learned alot from them as well as the doctors. It can be difficult at times because of the long hours as much as 14 hours in a day if patients come in last minute.
Pros
I enjoy working with children and great staff
Cons
Over an hour commute, and extremely long hours as much as 2 hours after closing time.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2016
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a great place to work. It has surveyed consistently as one of the best places to work. The work I did served a great number of children and ultimately provided them with the help they needed to lead a normal life. Management provided me with all the tools needed to perform my job and was there when I needed them.
Good work culture
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2016
Very good company to work for. Has a good culture and understanding of work and family life balance and the importance of it. Has good healthy living support programs within the work place. Radiology management at Egleston campus very approachable and understanding.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Treating very sick and sometimes abused children.
great working environment
Supply Chain Tech Courier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 23, 2016
I handle paper work, and stock I pull and deliver necessary items from purchase orders to hospital. put up stock. Make sure warehouse is clean and neat. I answer phones dealing with nurses to locate products they are looking for. then I pull necessary items and release them from the handheld.
Great place to work but could use a better work/life balance for staff
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2016
Great place to work but could use a better work/life balance for staff.

Most employees are happy to work at CHOA however it's found that the balance is not always great. This often depends also on the dept.

4.3