Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

Great Plact to work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2017
I really enjoy my Job very fun place to work and gain experience. Promotes from with in. Treats employees well. Great team work environment. Good benefits!
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary/ Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
Provided great customer service to customers. Good place to work and expanding in a lot of areas. They hire from within the company first. They truly care for their employees.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work. Excellent culture that allows for a work life integration. There is room for growth and is highly encouraged. . . . . . . . . . .
Great Hospital
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
The managers that are over the departments do not want to see you grow within the company, but children's as an overall hospital is a great company to work for.
Great place to take your sick child but not to work
Director, HR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
Wonderful mission-driven culture but pay is not competitive, there is no career progression available and leaders micro-manage. Thinking is discouraged, it's more a culture of "do what I say." If you want to work somewhere where your opinion and expertise are valued and you are encouraged to share your perspective, stay far away from HR at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta!
Pros
Mission
Cons
Pay not competitive, leaders micro-manage, no career progression, thinking is discouraged
great co workers
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2017
great co-workers.clean, rewarding working with kids and a team of doctors and professionals to help correct the children's problems and try to give them a better life.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
sick kids
high paced environment
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day at work was a 12 hour shift with high paced environment. I learn a lot of medical terminology. I learn more about medical billing.Learn about new medical advancements. The hardest part in this job location was that we were always short staff, new management change a lot. Which cause miscommunication.But my most enjoyable part of work was meeting,Amazing patients whom are the real heroes fighting each day for their life.
Pros
you can always pick put extra hours, friendly staff
Cons
short staff all the time, miscommunication
Making Children Better
Managed Care Collector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2017
I loved my stay with CHOA. The benefits are excellent and the staff is understanding . I would love to go back if they would allow me to. Teamwork was great
Pros
insurance benefits, work hours, compensation
Cons
moral at times, traffic, production
Culture, wellness, growth
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Excellent culture that encourages growth and tenure. Good employee wellness program. lots of opportunities to get involved. Highly motivated employees who genuinely care about what they do.
Ok
Provider Capacity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2017
I don't want to give a review on this company because I don't feel like it. Not sure why they are trying to make me do this. This is absurd.
Cons
Pay, Advancement opportunities
Great Place to Work
Senior IS&T Project Manager, Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Care about people, challenging work assignments, work life balance, opportunities for growth and easy to build relationships with Senior Leaders in the organization
A rewarding job serving children
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2017
The care that CHOA offers to their patients and their families is impeccable beyond compare. There are literally families that come to visit CHOA from all across the globe for the care of their children.
I can say that the staff makes the children and their families feel like their own family.
The management is not so great across the board. Management should take some of the leadership classes offered, and then use the skills that they were taught.
Pros
The love and care for their patients
Cons
Excessive Micromanaging on small jobs
Productive and fun place to learn
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Volunteering at this place was extremely fun and I enjoyed meeting the staff and helping the clients that needed help. Knowing that you are helping these little kids is the best part. This company also benefits you as a volunteer person, you get to use the cafeteria and the staff gives you stuff to show they're appreciation for volunteering with them
Pros
Helping others, learning how to deal with patients
Cons
None really
Great Perks
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
I absolutely love all the perks that come with working with this company and their care for everyone's health and how they can make and keep our live healthy with all of the promotion from Strong4Life. Opportunities to volunteer and help out the children etc, but the pay is not competitive and the health insurance cost is very expensive for a healthcare provider.
Pros
all of the promotion for better health
Cons
low pay, expensive health insurance
Fulfilling Place to work
Sr. Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 12, 2017
Being able to work closely with the families of the patients/children of CHOA was very fulfilling.

I handled admitting patients and processing insurance information. My co-workers were very friendly
Pros
Fullfilling
Cons
lack of growth
Love the children
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2017
Although I no longer work there a typical day was to get patients registered in in a timely manner. scheduling and updating information.Co workers were sometimes cooperative,management was not too helpful or understanding.The hardest part was working closely with sick children and most enjoyable was to see them smile at the hands of our care.
Benefits
Cons
Politics
Children's Healthcare Of Atlanta - #1 Pediatrics Healthcare System
Epic Security Administrator - (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric healthcare systems, every role at Children’s is an important one.

Children’s offers a variety of resources and programs to support employees professionally and personally, which is one of the many reasons Fortune magazine has ranked us as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 11 consecutive years.
Great workplace
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2016
Employees are very welcoming, sweet, warm spirits. To work with people that have the same drive in helping children, is the best part.
Great Organization
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2016
Great place to work, nice people, wonderful experience. Pay and benefits are decent. A lot of the people I've met are very nice polite. I love that they promote staying healthy, such as, working out, eating healthy,and they even offer fitness classes for all staff.
A Great Place To Work
Hematology/Oncology Lead Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2016
I enjoy working for CHOA and it's been rewarding to be able to make a difference in the job I do. I have a vast knowledge of all health insurance plans, claim processing, billing, refunds, and collections. I'm extremely knowledgeable of all insurance plans and how they operate. On a typical day, I assist doctors, nurses, social workers, and most of all our parents/patients. The hardest part about my job is seeing how sick some of our children are but not being able to take their pain away. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to workout in a fitness center that's design to reduce anyone's stress level after a long day's work. Also I enjoy being able to see a fitness counselor for one on one consults as well as a nutritionist to keep myself and my peers balanced.
Pros
Great health benefits, fitness center, fitness counselors, and nutritionist at no cost
Cons
Hard to move into management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3