Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

Little Stressful
Solution Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 14, 2018
I had little training and it was a little stressful. The workplace was different as far as the coworkers are concern. I dealt with different personalities. The hours was okay.
Pros
Work hours was good
Cons
Stressful Job
OK place to work, needs to focus more on employees again
Marcus Autism Center (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2018
The job is good, but there is a lack of cohesiveness between the different locations and departments, that make for a little confusion with advancement.
Pros
Plenty of flexible work times
Cons
can become stressful with lack of oversight at satellite locations
Sterile Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2018
People enjoy working and feel good about doing a GOOD JOB. The company and its employees embrace change, accommodate new trends and technology, and incorporate new skills. They know if they don’t, the business will end up a dinosaur. As the saying goes, “Change is the only constant.”
Great place to work and can be both happy and sad.
Specialty Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
I work for the Neuro Oncology department coordinating and scheduling multi-specialty appointments. My co-workers are awesome to work with and love seeing/bonding with the parents and children at the clinic.
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
Sometime I eat lunch at my desk because the clinic is to busy.
Great Coworkers and Growing company
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
My co workers are amazing. Everyone on the team is so supportive and helpful. Children's is continuing to grow to help make all the children in Atlanta "All Better", I love being apart of that motto!
Pros
benefits, down to earth boss', gifts
Cons
can be demanding
Great mission but employees are not valued.
Compensation Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
Very fast paced, stressful environment. Non clinical professional staff required to work long hours with no lunch or bathroom breaks. Also expected to work nights and weekends.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
No work life balance
Busy
PRN/Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly environment. Never a dull moment. Management tries to accommodate your needs. Hardest part for me is seeing the extremely ill patients.
Qlikview Developer
Sr. BI Reporting Analytics Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed my work at this position. Middle management was ok to work with. Compensation was fair, it could have been a bit more competitive. Work from home was granted.
Fun work place
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
interact with patients and families all while being able to help them feel better. Great teamwork and a wonderful company that constantly have activies for everyone.
bad management
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2017
It might work for other people but I don't like working there at all. A lot of favoritism management don't show you anything just give out demands. staff very immature.
productive place to work
RN/Charge nurse/Resource Nurse FT&PRN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2017
Typical day involves taking care of ambulatory and severely sick pediatric patients by partnering with doctors. The hardest part of the job is working two or three hours past the scheduled time.
Pros
working with children
I love Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2017
I have a busy day but I like it.
I learned may things with my co-workers
I speak English and Spanish.
I love all moms and litle Patient
I worked with Drs.and Practicioner very well.
I'm really enjoyed my job like Registration Coordinator but I have to practice more English.
Pros
Excellent place to work.
Cons
n/a
Excellent Team work
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2017
This is one of the best place to work. The staff really care's about their patient and staff members.The company is always rewarding their employee's for being outstanding in what they do. The patients are amazing.
Pros
Free shirts, Gift cards, celebration points, Free gym etc...
Cons
shuttle bus, not enough parking space
Great Work Life Balance but Minimal Room for Advancement
Manager, One Point of Contact (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2017
There is a reason that Children's has been in the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S for 10 years in a row and it is because of its cultural and commitment to work life balance. The organization is sizable and respected yet small enough that even senior leadership knows and has personal relationships with mid-level employees.

While there are many opportunities if you have a clinical background, for those who do not the chances for advancement are very limited. I would stay here for as long as I could but I am ready to grow in to the next level and I unfortunately just do not have the opportunity here.
A great place to work.
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2017
On a typical day at CHOA you may see clowns, dogs, fairy princesses, kids driving around in cars, and someone guitar giving a child a concert in their room. From the moment you arrive until the time you leave you will feel the company's focus on the care for and well being of the children the hospital. It makes me proud that I am a part of helping the lives of so many. It's truly a land of little giants.
n/a
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2017
great management, people really care about you but you aren't paid enough because of a high supply of pediatric nurses but the institution really seems to try to make it seem like they really care
Great job with great support
PRN Staff Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2017
I am a Crisis Chaplain who responds to all crisis at the hospital. So it may consists of providing pastoral care and support to anyone throughout the hospital during an over night shift.
Pros
Great working environment with supportive staff
Cons
Training is too short but thorough
Great benefits
Medical Laboratory Technologist I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2017
CHOA offers great benefits for those who are looking for a dependable job. The pay is mid-range, but there are better options available. This job is best for those starting in the field, or those who want a job that is safe.
Fun place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GANovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at CHOA, on the CIRU. I love seeing a smile on a childs' face, knowing that i've done everything to make them happy. I enjoy teaching my families, knowing that when they leave the hospital they are able to provide the same care as they have received in the hospital.
Great
Lab support services/ customer service rep. (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 9, 2017
Great place to work, lovely environment, convenient for me I like my department. Caring and concerned supervisors. this is a n growing company and I like very much working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2