Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!
Patient Access Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2015
The organization promotes work-life balance. They offer a number of programs to support their employees growth both personally and professionally.
A Great Place to Work
Unit Secretary/Emergency Department (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2015
I love working For Children's! You get the opportunity to transfer or be promoted within the system. You have great benefits and the chance to work with a amazing group of individuals.
Good place for the most part.
Health Information Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Shifts, Benefits
Cons: Micro Managing at times, Leave requests
I have worked for Children's for 9 years and they have been good for the most part. There is the occasional micro managing. Children's also promotes tuition reimbursement but if you are not in school for something clinical,you will not get it.
Supporting, caring environment with rewarding work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2015
CHOA is one of the best organizations to work for in the Atlanta area. I have absolutely zero complaints working here. My coworkers are warm and friendly and always available to lend assistance even on our busiest days. Our manager and assistant managers really care-- they come out of their office on the unit to help when the day gets hectic.
Trauma Data Abstractor/Registrar (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for
Management is supportive but no room for advancement. Interesting in the field of Trauma knowing that the information your are abstracting and coding will make the difference in how patients are treated, the care they receive and ways to improve the quality of care
Fun Place To Work
Sr. Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Pay
Children's culture is amazing and if you get a chance to work at the hospital you may have a chance to see characters, celebrities, or our own clowns walking through the hall.
great place to work
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: more off time
started my day checking my sites were ready for business management was good co workers we all worked together as a team
hardest part seeing sick children most enjoyable part knowing you were helping them through your part
Great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Learned so much
Cons: Long commute
Enjoyed working with pediatrics, learned a lot about childhood illness. Great teaching facility. They also provided a lot of education for their employees.
The Stone Mountain location was a great place to work
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2015
Provided formal training. Encouraged advancement. Provided awards for meeting goals. Had structured process and procedures. Provided employee appreciation days. Promoted a work life environment.
Fun,Fun, Fun
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work was very fun! Everyday we learned something different , never was there a dull moment. I loved working there.
Childrens were the reason to work at this facility
Business Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: freedom of speech and integrity
Cons: management could be difficult
I was the gatekeeper for this facility, interacted with13 nurses on a daily basis. Very interested position with different dynamics to consider. The medical field is very interesting because of the vast amount of learning that takes place on a daily basis. Management could be difficult, especially when dealing with so many personalities and ethic backgrounds. My co-workers were always open to suggestions and they relied on me to perform my tasks and office responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was watching the babies deal with the different ailments and diseases. My supervisor allowed me to attend exercise classes on a daily basis.
Productive and fun workplace
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), AltantaMay 19, 2015
o Interviews patients and families to obtain complete and accurate demographic and financial information
o Enters data into system for registration, billing, patient tracking, charge capture and reconciliation
o Confirms insurance coverage and obtains authorizations including Medicaid, Peachstate, Amerigroup patients
o Initiates and executes daily medical record maintenance while maintaining patient confidentiality to include creation of patient charts, filing encounter specific paperwork, maintaining correspondence via mailing/faxing with patient’s primary care provider and/or specialists as necessary
o Schedules patient appointments when needed, including referral from faxes, phones
o May initiate and perform multi-tasked administrative duties to ensure efficient daily business operations including participating in the office/department opening and closing procedures, assisting with maintaining, ordering, and restocking of front office supplies, and receiving and distributing mail
system
Great place to work. Co-workers were friendly and very helpful. The career oppertunies were excellent as well as the bennefits.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
Childrens Hospital
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2015
I am very thankful to the UM team at CHOA. They gave me my first experience in case management and opened my eyes to a whole new world of nursing.
Great place to work!
Surgical Technologist/ Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee), AtlantaApril 17, 2015
Great place to work! The staff at C.H.O.A. really cares about the children. I've been here for many years and have enjoyed every moment.
awesome
Temp (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
great want to work full-time for the company, It is a great place to work and room for advancement.
I have been working temp for six months now but the money i'm making temp is barely providing
Great Company Great enviroment
Lead Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great learning opportunities. A fulfilling place to work
Cons: I don't have anything negative to say about this company
Large hospital system with very dedicated employees and excellent benefits.Wonderful working relationship and camaraderie among co-workers.
Lead/Supervisor
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta GAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Stablility, opportunity, advancement, motivated, determined
Cons: kids dying, heart broking and kids being cured
Inpatient and Outpatient billing, insurance verification and precertification. Process profees for the physician and check and balance all procedure and charge posting with modifiers if needed.

Most enjoyable part of my position was meeting the different families and children at Children's Healthcare. Winning the Hope and Will Award was exciting. Maintaining a FIVE star facility.

Processing new patient referrals and providing families with every tool that need to stained their livelihood.
Work Life
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits and interaction with the children
Cons: Management
This was a very challenging place to work for the short period of time that i was there. The food service department is a challenge in its self.
management
Employee Health Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
CHOA is a great place to work but would be better served by a leadership team that invests more energy in their employees who are at the bedside.