Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Employee Reviews

Fun,Fun, Fun
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work was very fun! Everyday we learned something different , never was there a dull moment. I loved working there.
Childrens were the reason to work at this facility
Business Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: freedom of speech and integrity
Cons: management could be difficult
I was the gatekeeper for this facility, interacted with13 nurses on a daily basis. Very interested position with different dynamics to consider. The medical field is very interesting because of the vast amount of learning that takes place on a daily basis. Management could be difficult, especially when dealing with so many personalities and ethic backgrounds. My co-workers were always open to suggestions and they relied on me to perform my tasks and office responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was watching the babies deal with the different ailments and diseases. My supervisor allowed me to attend exercise classes on a daily basis.
Productive and fun workplace
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), AltantaMay 19, 2015
o Interviews patients and families to obtain complete and accurate demographic and financial information
o Enters data into system for registration, billing, patient tracking, charge capture and reconciliation
o Confirms insurance coverage and obtains authorizations including Medicaid, Peachstate, Amerigroup patients
o Initiates and executes daily medical record maintenance while maintaining patient – more... confidentiality to include creation of patient charts, filing encounter specific paperwork, maintaining correspondence via mailing/faxing with patient’s primary care provider and/or specialists as necessary
o Schedules patient appointments when needed, including referral from faxes, phones
o May initiate and perform multi-tasked administrative duties to ensure efficient daily business operations including participating in the office/department opening and closing procedures, assisting with maintaining, ordering, and restocking of front office supplies, and receiving and distributing mail
system – less
Great place to work. Co-workers were friendly and very helpful. The career oppertunies were excellent as well as the bennefits.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
Childrens Hospital
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2015
I am very thankful to the UM team at CHOA. They gave me my first experience in case management and opened my eyes to a whole new world of nursing.
Great place to work!
Surgical Technologist/ Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee), AtlantaApril 17, 2015
Great place to work! The staff at C.H.O.A. really cares about the children. I've been here for many years and have enjoyed every moment.
awesome
Temp (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
great want to work full-time for the company, It is a great place to work and room for advancement.
I have been working temp for six months now but the money i'm making temp is barely providing
Great Company Great enviroment
Lead Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great learning opportunities. A fulfilling place to work
Cons: I don't have anything negative to say about this company
Large hospital system with very dedicated employees and excellent benefits.Wonderful working relationship and camaraderie among co-workers.
Lead/Supervisor
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta GAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Stablility, opportunity, advancement, motivated, determined
Cons: kids dying, heart broking and kids being cured
Inpatient and Outpatient billing, insurance verification and precertification. Process profees for the physician and check and balance all procedure and charge posting with modifiers if needed.

Most enjoyable part of my position was meeting the different families and children at Children's Healthcare. Winning the Hope and Will Award was exciting. Maintaining a FIVE star facility.

Processing new patient referrals and providing families with every tool that need to stained their livelihood.
Work Life
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits and interaction with the children
Cons: Management
This was a very challenging place to work for the short period of time that i was there. The food service department is a challenge in its self.
management
Employee Health Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
CHOA is a great place to work but would be better served by a leadership team that invests more energy in their employees who are at the bedside.
Very nice place to work
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2015
I enjoyed working there. I wish I could have got hired since I did my extern there. I really didn't know much about this office until I started my extern there. But It seems like they take care of there employees and make sure they get what they need. I think that's the best cause it helps the office when its in need of material asap.
Having a great day, with a good team makes a great employee.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: a good salary with benefits.
Cons: no breaks.
A typical day starts with a smile.
I have how learned listening is key.
Management is a learning experience.
Your co-workers should always be respected.
The hardest part of a job is to be closed minded.
The most enjoyable part of a job is to love what you do.
Excellent work life balance
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: movie tickets discounts
Cons: short lunch breaks- an hour lunch would be great!
This is an excellent place to work! As a CHOA employee you will get to experience a wonderful work life balance. Working at CHOA is such a rewarding experience all while working hard to improve the quality of life for a child.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Customer Resource Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2015
Cons: contract
Children's has been a wonderful place to work, the people that I work with are great and I love that leaving work each day I know that I was able to help a family.
Caring and loving institution.
Diet Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: management is always willing to help you with any problems you have.
Cons: n/a
Children's Health Care of Atlanta is a very caring and fun place to work. I have no complaints about this institution . They are a non-profit workplace and is always rated as one of the best places to work and I certainly agree.
Great Place to Start Your Career
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: rewarding work and job experience
Cons: you will hit a glass ceiling
Children's is a great place for anyone joining the workforce for the first time. At Children's you will learn a great deal about the industry based on the department that you are in. You will be given ample opportunities to dive deep into improving your desired skill set.

You will find your work rewarding and you will work with an amazing group of individuals who are just as driven as you are. The initials benefits of employee appreciation are wonderful.

I want to make sure that I say this though. After 5 years or so it will be time to move on. Children's is not the employer that you stay at for more than that. It is challenging to advance in that environment but it is a great place to begin and to learn.
Being in the present of children.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day of work was the pleasure I received from helping a child smile after transporting them from having a medical procedure done.
The Worst Micro-Managers and Supervisors
Credit Account Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: flex work hours, bonuses, gym and workout classes(but they track your time from the moment you want to attend a workout class)
Cons: lunches are scheduled, your watched daily for no reason
Overall, the people in some of the departments are loving people. Managers and Supervisors are the worst micro-managers. Constant time-keeping and involved in daily gossiping. This one particular department will make you think twice about working for Children's. If surveys were left up to this department and/or the entire building they would be consider one of the worst places to work. Children's doesn't – more... deserve to be on the top list of best places to work because many of the current employee have said Children's have changed for the worst. Certain buildings are under different rules. The "representatives" are the ones that are not happy because there treated poorly. Management tells lies for reasons on implementing new policies and/or procedures all to have their supervisor to tell a different story behind there backs. Management won't address employees that are causing problems. Employees that have been with the company 15-25+ years are allowed to get away with anything. Management in some areas are afraid to address seasoned and veteran employees. Children's is not what many people believe on the back end. Hourly employees are treated very poorly. – less
Great culture
Finance (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2015
I've enjoyed my time at CHOA. This is one of the best places I have ever worked. I have had tons of opportunity given to me. Great boss.

1 2 3 4 5

About Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a not-for-profit hospital system that specializes in pediatric health care, research, and – Read more

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Salaries