CHILDREN'S HOME SOCIETY OF CALIFORNIA Employee Reviews

Good working conditions and supportive office staff
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: poor management
This company has a difficult time maintaining effective management.
This company expects their employees to know it all but provided little or no training. They provide services to several counties but management is only present for a very short time. The staff that runs this office is resourceful and provided the best service to the community as they know how.
Great learning experience
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Camarillo, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch/flex schedule
I enjoy working and helping families and children. Its a stressful job its expected in Social Services field. It was much professional working environment. Its sad that the company had to laid off workers. I would take employment from Children's Home Society if they were hiring. I would love to see myself grow with such company.
Good learning experience
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, CANovember 5, 2013
during the five years I worked here, it was a great learning experience for me. I worked with great people
Helping children and Families
Program Supervisor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: no one looks over your shoulder. flexible hour, helping families
Cons: government funding is not available, the amount of work load.
Client’s relationship
Family relief
Regulating California funding
Organization and time management
Great professional relationship with the team.
High pace case management
Program Specialist I (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaliforniaApril 1, 2013
Pros: excellent benefit package, creating and maintaining a professional relationship with people in the community.
Cons: there were no positions to advance up in the company.
Children's Home Society is a non profit agency that provides subsidized child care to low income families. The case management work required excellent time management and multitasking skills to maintain a caseload of up to 250 families. I enjoyed creating a relationship with each parent that was seeking to improve their quality of life. I have learned to be flexible and resourceful with the guidance of the management team. The hardest part of this type of employment was making sure all deadlines were met on time for each family on my caseload. The enjoyable portion of the job was watching a family that was not able to pay for their own child care because of the lack of employment or education become self-sufficient, and no longer needing the assistance from the program. I had and have a great relationship with all my coworkers and I felt really supported.
Compassionate Children's Agency
Office Manager (Former Employee), Orange, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Professional work environment with a rewarding community aspect. I was an integral part of the daily office operations from front desk operations and staffing, to inventory management, to archival processes, and safety management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting families through the compliance and contractual processes at the state and federal level. I met a lot of wonderfully, compassionate people and forged rewarding relationships.
Good place to place to work for
Program Admin Specialist 1 (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no job security (its an at will company and they have no structure when it comes to layoffs). also, we are state funded and every time there are state budget cuts, chs gets affected.
I enjoyed my time at CHS. They have a great mission and do so much for our community. It makes you truly appreciate working for families and providers. I met a lot of good people and miss being a part of the mission of helping people get back up on their feet, whether it be for childcare assistance, providing resources, or finding quality childcare. .
Taking care a children and teaching them something everyday
Child Care Provider (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 4, 2012
Pros: work at home
Cons: making sure i had all that is needed for the kids
Working here was a routine. Pick up the kids from school, help with their homework, cook, clean, and take them home. I was already trained to take care of kids, thus nothing was really learned. The hardest part about this job was trying to make sure everything was good for the kids and make sure I had all the expenses to get through the days. I enjoyed teaching the kids and seeing them advance in life.